MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

If I knew what time and where the meeting was, I would be very, very tempted to call in sick.  But, I don't have anyone who can get time off work on such short notice, and I won't go into something like this alone when there are already going to be several support people (including the hospital lawyer) with the doc.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,601

NativeMainer, I agree with the diagnosis.  You have severe symptoms tomorrow....(the last minute meeting is a major headache and the R.O. is a pain in the a$$)!  

I have always said that sick days for mental health can be just as important as those for physical.  You will feel much better if you can at least get some questions answered. 

Hugs 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

NMainer, we can help you only by listening to your rant.  Yes, they are screwing you over.   But now you need to "phone a friend," someone who is willing to give you some back up and GO THERE TOMORROW.  Be sure to call that one friend with a demeanor like a pit bull or a lawyer.  (Doesn't everyone have at least one friend like that?  They should!!)  

Anyone would dread this confrontation, knowing that they will be outnumbered; but it has festered for three year already.  It's time to lance the boil, so to speak.  Please try to attend, if only that you will be able to speak your piece, vent your outrage there where it belongs, and maybe even get some answers.   Maybe it will be a small victory that it will be on record that your doc had to go before the Med. Board.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

what about Lasagna Man?

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826

Native Mainer, So sorry for going through this.  That RO should have the ability to open your chart and answer these questions.  All that information should be documented in your chart? Leads one to believe something is amiss. Perhaps he's been reported before, which should really make you angry.  This guy sounds "different" If that letter was so important, why wasn't it sent registered or certified mail?  Just as you can't prove you received, how can they prove they sent the letter? Too many questions and insufficient answers.
    Any lawyer you know that can go tomorrow (or legal aide in your area), explain the situation and attempt to delay the hearing? They should have some type of patient advocate that should be representing you as well, was anyone assigned?

PS.  That migrane sounds like a doosy and justified sick dayWink

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I just realized that it is now 6:15 your time, NM, which means the dude who left the message is gone.  Can you call @ 8AM & find out the answers & just show up?  And I totally understand your reluctance to face it alone, but righteous indignation from a woman scorned should be able to carry you through.  I will be in your pocket!   

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

Carol--glad you are getting in for a 2nd opinion!

Native--not much to add, the wonderful ladies here said it all, but just wanted to let you know I'm pulling for you too!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{NM}}} Go! KIck his effing a$$!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Go for it NativeMaine- give em hell...there is no wrath like a woman radiated!

And please don't anyone worry about me driving with my eyes closed, I only do it if I have broke a traffic law and see a cop":)

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

NM,

Try and get to that hearing you'll regret it later, drag someone with you. You have all of us with you is spirit. You need to have your say and younhave a right to scream.

Elimar, love the new quilting pic.

My pic says life is like photography you develop from the negatives....trying to keep that in mind as I am going through through this. That and laughter, good friends, and a place to scream should all be part of the package.

Jean

• annettek

good stuff Jean:)

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Jo. good she asked for the scan so she can tell him...imagine how awful it must be o be a woman and know that the person you work with is an asE%$%^!! poor woman..good you called her. Can't wait to hear the results!

• Sandeeonherown

nativemainer....go for it..take a day, call your boss at hoe and explain the situation...call a friend and you know what....she or he will go with you and be with you. You do not need to take care of anyone else excet you tomorrow. You deserve to be there my dear...you do! wish one of us was in your town to accompany you but just know that we are there in spirit. go for it!

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

nativem:  maybe this wont reach you fter the fact              clearly we all can only give you written spiritual support.        1) absolutely have a migraind and accomanying nausea tomorrow!!!   2)  local legal aide, local socail worker from behavior health (or whaever they call it in your state)  usually have an advocate available to medically assist the community          AND   3) they cannot go on without you---firstly this is about you, so if you are not there, then it is not about you! and since it is, why the confusion, we ought to ask     ...   secondly,  anything anything anything can be changerd.        takes balls to force the truth, but even an act of comgress can be altered oar adjusted.              wondering,  if you said he sealed your records for 2 years, looking at your profile, that has elapsed.          AND i think this is a national thing, The Patient's Bill of Rights prohibits a person not having access to their files and to be represented at a hearing about they have agreed tothat is not legal at all no way no how.      if it were me i, or a pit bull, would call and firmly and nonegotiable say this is not acceptable and not appropriate and not gonna happen just cuz the wanna play by their own rules.  you have rules, and rights, as well

tada!  end of preach

if this gets to you after the fact, hope things went as well as you do!

~ ~ NancyCarol 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

NM - you have been wrongly treated and you NEED to get on record tomorrow. Don't let them silence your voice by making it as inconvenient as possible for you - that's part of their game. Your voice needs to be heard and recorded. That doctor needs some consequences for his actions. I hope you have someone to take with you - like Elimar said, preferably someone who won't be shut up. But you can do it alone, too. You deserve answers and I'm afraid if you miss this, you will just get a "Case Closed" if you try to bring it up later.

• Sandeeonherown

Nativemainer....they also need to hear your voice. the powers that be do not want you to be heard....yell louder!

• Sandeeonherown

oh..and by yell louder I mean that in a good way...you have been yelling and making them listen to you for over two years..it is almost over....keep on yelling...you deserve to be heard. You really do.

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

another thought, nativem, even tho you are getting lots support from this community, i have seen that lotsa luv can also feel like lotsa respobsibility.  you surely dont owe anyone here anything but success.  no rules- or -should- would- could- if only- so-  therfore

hopefully this is a needless note

~~nc 

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

I found a lump in my non cancer breast that feels different than before.  I had a breast reduction  years ago and my right breast has a lot of fat necrosis.  Anyway, I saw my surgeon today and he wants to biopsy two spots before I have recon surgery.  He doesn't think it's anything but wants to be sure.  Biopsy is scheduled for Monday!

• Sandeeonherown

phew...good point...in being supportive, I may have trod on toes there ...fine line.

Nativemainer - do what feels right I guess is the message here.

• annettek

good luck dawney...rooting for you

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Thanks annette, I am trying to not worry about it.  We have a cruise scheduled for next Thursday.  I think I am not going to get the results until I get back, that way I can enjoy the cruise.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Dawney - Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• elimar
    dawney, biopsies are nerve wracking.  Hopefully those two spots are B9, and then full speed ahead with your recon.  Relax this weekend as much as possible, and Bon Voyage next week!
  • seafoobs
    seafoobs Member Posts: 127

dawney:  3 out of 4 are B9.

• elimar

Welcome, SeaFoobs!   Dawney was just asking about a prosthetic to wear with her swimsuit on the cruise...now we know:  She needs some sea-foobs!

p.s.  Let us know what your diagnosis was, and where you are at in treatment.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Sorry to hear people going through so much.  Not like we don't have enough to worry about. I hope everything gets straightened out.  I have one more day and than appt time.  A little nervous not going to lie.  I know you all will be with me thanks for being there even not in person.  Have a good night

• annettek

i'll be with you in spirit right by your side, lynniea...it's odd, I liked my husband at some of the appts and then no more...I wanted to be by myself....that is just met...and no need to worry about being nervous, a little or a lot, everyone's been there one way or another. Hell, sometimes I get nervous about which loaf of bread to buy!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    i still have CRS so, annette, great trip!! he got cuts cracked me up. andJean H good first tx. all will be well. the onco nurses are the best in the whole deal, i think seen more than the drs...   3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Barbe, am like you. irs is going to pay back borrowed money. no vacations, i fear. don't think i'll even be able to make marybe's uncle bills. maybe the money tree in the back yard will flower THIS myear!! if it does, i'll spread it around your way... LOL 3jays