MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Here is a sample of my "free motion" stitching. You just sit with fabric and wool under the needle and just swirl away!! Is is big enough? I won't know until I post....

• barbe1958

Here is a close up of the head of the bird. I use crayons to colour bits to stand out.

• barbe1958

Here is a leaf further into the wall hanging.

• barbe1958

Here's another trick. Take a fabric that has a print on it that you like...and bead it over!!!!

Here's a close up. When it's all done, people think you're so creative! ehhehehehehe

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Barbe - This is pretty cool.  

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,601

Barbe, you are indeed very talented.  Just Beautiful!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Barbe, Wow!  I didn't know sewing machines could do that!  (Written by one who is challenged to get a seam straight.)  Wish I could see the entire bird-scape hanging.  Love the beadwork on the other too.  It all takes patience, doesn't it?  (I think I just discovered why I am lacking in the hobby dept.!)
  • barbe1958

I do NOT have patience!!! That's why I'm good at it. You have to do it FAST...

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

dawney have fun on your trip and will be praying for B9

Lynnea we will all be with you in spirit

• elimar

Strong sister vibes going out to NativeMainer...

holding hands Pictures, Images and Photos

• barbe1958

Hoping NM is at the meeting NOW! The judge would have to be non-partisan.....

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143
    elimar:  thinking the same things  that i wanna see that quilt too   and nativem   the hand hold you posted is wonderful!     ~~nc

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Barbe - hobbies that have to be done fast sound like my cup of tea! 5 minutes later, "There, I'm done!". Wouldn't that be funny....No, that probably defeats the purpose of having a relaxing, take-your-mind-off-things kinda hobby. Your artwork is beautiful, though, however quickly you do it! I'm in dire need of a hobby. I keep thinking about getting one of those Cricut machines and making scrapbooks, but that seems kind of expensive....anybody know if it is?

My thoughts are with NativeMainer, too. I hope everything works out.

Dawney - hope your test results are B9! So glad you are going on a cruise soon after! Where are you going and how long shall you be cruisin'?  

• barbe1958

You can do a scrapbook without Cricut!!! Try it first to see if you even like it....

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

hns76-I'm a scrapbooker.  I have no Cricut.  Don't want one.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Eph - is it expensive even without the Cricut? Every time I've looked at all the cute papers and things they seem to add up fast. As far as the Cricut goes - one of my family's favorite lines is, "What good is it?"

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Damn Barbe...you are talented. How cool is that?

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748

Dawney--

Will be keeping you in my prayers for your Monday appointment...will add that petition to the "power of prayer" thread...

Go and enjoy your cruise girl...you deserve it!

peace and prayers,

Tori

DE COLORES! 

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Thanks ladies.  I will take all the prayers I can get.

SeaFoobs - I need to find one of those.

hns - we are crusing to Cozumel, Mexico next week, for 5 days - can't wait!

• susantm
    susantm Member Posts: 71

Last night I dreamed I went in for a mammogram, and the doctor told me I had lumps all through my breast that he thought were cancer, and he had made me an appointment for a biopsy. I was walking down the hospital hall thinking, "I should have known I had it too easy the first time." Boy, was I glad to wake up from that dream!!

My mind has been on other things besides cancer lately...well, at least I thought it was. Apparently, my subconscious is still thinking about it. Undecided

• susantm

By the way, if anyone wants to check out my cancer blog, started when I found out I had cancer the end of last September, here is the link. (I hope it's okay to post it. Feel free to ignore.)

http://stormsparrow.wordpress.com/

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Susan....yeah, bad dreams can be our subconscious saying " I am still here". Glad it was just a dream and that all is well!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

dawney - Love Cozumel - we always go snorkeling there.  Have a cruise planned for mid - April.

What cruise line and where do you sail out of? 

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

jo - we are going on Carnival out of Mobile, Alabama.  We always cruise Carnival except when we went on our honeymoon to Alaska - we took Norwegian then and it was great!

Which cruise line are you taking?

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Barb the stitch and beadwork is beautiful,

{{{ dawney Linnea }}}}

Nite all, chemo is knocking my socks off tonight.

Jean

• elimar
    susantm, that was no dream, that was a nightmare!  Probably very common for our B/C anxieties to surface that way, but I have not yet had one myself.  Liked your blog & may have more of a chance to read further later.  This is as close to bloging as I ever got.
  • lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hope all is well for everyone.  One more day to wait. Your stitching is beautiful.  I do counted cross stitch been having hard time need new glasses that on Thursday to.

• susantm

Thanks, elimar! Most of those blog posts were written while I rode the light rail to radiation treatments. I'm finding it harder to get posts done now that radiation is over. Not complaining though!! I hope I don't have any more of those dreams...

• phew
    phew Member Posts: 143

anyone heard from nativem?   just speaking with a woman who is blinf and the insulting treatment she gets from maybe well meaning people but kust as often arrogant and autocratic---when the will not make adjustmnets in ther staements or adjustments, i feel the former is the case.  made me think of nativem and her abuse by the system    ~~nc

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Wow, Barbe, you do Beautiful work! It's lovely! I've never heard of "free motion stitching" & will Mr. Google it sometime soon. I've done Crewel, don't know if anyone does that anymore; did that back in the 70's. I've done lots of crosstitch, but not in the last few years. I have worked with beading, have done Christmas stockings with sequins & beads.

Joni ~ Hey, fellow scrapbooker here! I'm way behind on the grandkids books. My spring project is to get caught up!

(((dawney)))

(((lynnie)))

(((gentle hug for Jean)))

susantm ~ I visited your blog. Did you take the photographs? They are beautiful, I love the bare trees, always have. They tell a story....