Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

I just now noticed the number of posts listed under the icons!  Been on the boards almost 4 years and I'm just now seeing that! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    You talkin' about me???? Cool
  • nativemainer

Holy Shmoly, I'm a post hog! 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Some of us just have a lot to say, NM.  I mean lurking is not for everybody.
  • JeanneR
    JeanneR Member Posts: 38

I may not post often,..but I love to read you all girls.....

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Im not a poster either.    hahahahaha

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Seyla and I play the word games. That's how we get our numbers up. Right Sheila?????

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Yes, Seyla, and neither do I.

This is what came up when I added rolling eyes!!!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Got my first hair cut post chemo last night.  Went to my hair dresser whom I have not seen in over six months had to check to make sure she was still there.  It was mostly a trim and got charged for men's cut.  Will post a new picture when I figure out how it all works.  Still working on that.  I read most post some.  Love ya'lls wittyness.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Ah yes-Girl Scout cookies.  I remember fondly our discussions last February about the wonderful treat.  My NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR girl is a Girl Scout-I have UNLIMITED ACCESS until the ordering deadline passes!  Current inventory: in the big freezer 3 boxes of Thin Mints (1 sleeve missing), 2 boxes of Samoas, and 1 box of Tagalogs.  In the frig freezer-1 of each of the aforementioned!  Yummy!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Yes Barb...I used to play the games.Wink

I should go back and continue doing it.

I wonder if there is a maximum limit on the posting  hahahahahahhaWink

Meece is also limits her posts.

We are a very polite group of women  !!!!!!!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I don't think I will ever catch Barbe.  I post alot of pictures - don't play too many games.

NM - You are not a post hog!  Just have many things to say.   

• nativemainer

I post regularly on several threads, including one of the word games, plus been on for 3 years, that's how I got such a high posting number.  ;0

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Got word on my Dad today and he has non-small cell lung carcinoma (Squamish) and it has mets to his ribs.  We all know here that is not good news.  I have to take him to get his simulation for his rads treatments next wed and they will also do a pet scan instead of ct scan for the planning and that will also give us the rest of the information we need like if it has gone to his lymph nodes or other places.  He has said he does not want to do Chemo, but I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.  I do hope he changes his mind, but I have to remind myself that it is his decision to make. He is not in good health and his first wife died of cancer so he knows what chemo does to the body and he says he just does not want to go through that.  I remind him that research has come along way and yes chemo is hard on the body but they have made improvements since his first wife died.  My mom is not taking this very well at all.  I think it is just way to soon since I was diag and she just is not coping very well.  She was pretty good about llistening to what I said about me and I think not trying to worry but now she keeps asking me over and over if I am going to be OK.  I keep trying to assure her I was early stage and I have a very good prognosis, but she still worries.  She has always been a take charge person and we all know how cancer does not let you take charge, you learn to cope a little differently so it is driving her crazy, the waiting etc.  Please pray for my family it has been a rough couple of years as my sister in law died a year ago of breast cancer, then me diag with BC  5 months ago and now my dad with lung mets.  I am ready for cancer to leave my family alone.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi all I remember when my daughter was a girl Scout she was top cookie seller in her troop.  It is easy taking orders but when you have to deliver 250 boxes now that's a lot.  I am suppose to have pet scan done tomorrow but they havn't called today.  I am a little worried because insurance told we they need more info to see if they will pay for it.  Should I go or do I wait until I know I don't have the money if they don't approve it.  Need all your prayers that everything is done right and fast.  Thanks

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Lynniea-chance are they will probably approve it, but they are expensive.  I don't see what a couple more days of waiting would hurt and find out for sure if they will pay or not. If not then maybe you can talk to the social worker about your options.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

I am new to this board ... How do I post pictures, or get my personal picture loaded next to my name and personal info?

Vicki Sam

• elimar

Lynniea, I would also say wait to make sure insurance does cover you.  Get on the phone and tell them you need a determination quick.  Tell them you have done a lot of waiting so far and it's making you crazy.  Can you sound a little crazy when you say that?  Also have the office staff trying to get the same information.  Between the two of you working it from both ends, you should be able to get the answer without too much waiting.

Sherryc, I wish it were better news for you dad.  All you can really do is let him lean on you as much as he cares to.  Then, let your mom lean on you some too.  At least you have first hand knowledge of some of the treatment he will get, and can help talk him through his decisions.  I think A LOT of people's first reaction is to say "no chemo" but it is always something he could try and see how it works for him.  On the other hand, that type of LC (squamous) may not be one that is very responsive to chemo, so definitely look at the risks vs. benefits with him on that.

VickiSam, I hope someone else fills you in on the pics.  I've got dinner burning in the oven right now, but if no one else pipes up, I can try to help in a bit.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    sherryc-so sorry about the cancer running rampant in your family right now.  I hope that your Dad is able to make the best choice for him.  VickiSam-click on your name & go to edit your profile.  There is a place in there to attach a photo from your computer's pictures-I am not a techie, but I was finally able to figure it out.  Maybe someone else can walk you thru.
  • elimar
    Vicki, Yep, that is how I put on my pic too.  Just from my own digital pic on my computer.  But for the other pics, generally I use a site like Photobucket and click on the link to "share" and then you have to copy the http line, and to put it in a post, you click on that little green tree icon above the box that you type your message in here, and you will paste the line in there to insert a pic into your message.  To put your own pictures into a thread, you have to upload them to a site like Photobucket to do it.  (Well, that is the only way that has worked for me.)  Play around with it a bit.  Good Luck!
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Sheery- I will keep you and your family in my heart. I know it will be especially hard on your mom...so hard to watch the people you love when they are ill or traumatized in some way...leaves ou gfeeling so helpless....for you too I am sure. What a rough year indeed. Here is you need me/us!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Sherry I'll definitely add your Dad to my prayer list.  Hugs to you too...the worrying and planning is so hard.

Lynn I hope you were able to reach the insurance company and find out about the coverage.

Vicki if I have a picture on either Snapfish or my Facebook account, I just right-click and copy, and then right-click and paste into my post and that works for me.  If I want to put in a picture from Google Images or something like that, the right-click choices for copy and paste work there too.  Have fun with experimenting!!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Just noticed the talking about # of posts and pages.  I'm wondering who did those first 800 posts of mine - I only remember the last 137 :)

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherry - Will say extra prayers for your family.  So sorry the cancer beast has invaded your family.  Let him take comfort in your love and support.  He will make a decision based on what he wants. Everyone is here for you just know that.

Lynn - You will be just fine waiting a day or two to see if your insurance will pay for the scans.  They are really expensive and you may have to look at other payment options if they do not come through.

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

nana3.......hoping things go good for you!       and guess what? you are only about 80 miles from where I grew up most of my life.....Monroe, West Monroe! :)  Two of my kids were born there in Monroe.  and I still have a sister that lives there. Will be going there in June! :)

Sherry that is so exciting for you!!!!! So glad you will be able to spend time with them!! I can't wait to get Joan here and then us get to Dallas to see Angie.....we gonna do some of that "hiding in the closet and drink adult beverages"! heheeee     Well, maybe not hide in the closet......heheeee

Then I talked to my sister the other day and I am gonna take the rest of my days off that I have left and go to La and spend a few days with her.  We lost a sister at 27. Today would be her 47th birthday...... so it has been a kinda sad day for me. (We have another sister that lives in Ga, and three brothers...big family)....

Anyway, (((((((Annette)))))))) sometimes we just go off.....and sometimes it is the meds......or the stress of all this stuff.....just know that you can come here and vent anytime!! :)

Welcome Vicki, there are a bunch of great ladies here!!! 

and Elimar..I PROMISE not to talk about the weather........heheheeeeeee

• sunangel27

(((((((((((((((((Sherry)))))))))))))))) Will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers!!

• Sandeeonherown

Sunangel...sorry for the anniversary day...they are so hard....I generally prepare myself in advance for them and make it through and then end up upset two days later when it hits me...so good for you for commemorating her day with real feelings....not easy. Be gentle with yourse,f

• sunangel27

Thank you Sandee.......yes it is hard, we were so very very close....even tho a big family, her and I were so much alike and the closest of all......   

I had a son that passed away at 13mths old of miningitis. He would be 30 on Sept. 11th, and the anniversary date of his death is Oct.5th, so for the month of Sept and into Oct. I don't do good at all....I have tried so hard over the years, but still just don't. I usually just try to take those two days off and be done with it.......that way I don't break down in front of anyone, or try to do something with my other two boys and their kids now. It helps! 

• Sandeeonherown

Sunangel- I understand...my mom and dad's birthdays were in the same month...and their deaths were 15 years, 15 days apart...so two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall...used to warn people (like writing pms on the calendar) as I was emotional or edgy trying NOT to be emotional....this year the fall dates seemed to come and go without the same level of emotion...thikn I might have been keeping my emotions on a numb level to cope with everything....

You have had a fair bit of sorrow in your world my dear....lots of anniversary dates...I hope there is a balance of good dates too. In the meantime, go gently.....do something kind for yourself this week...

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

You GIRLS rock!!  Thanks for the information, and I'll try to finish loading my personal data, tomorrow.  Fighting a migraine ... for some unknown reason.   

I always knew when I was going to start, on set of a migraine for 10 years, chemo therapy put in early menopause .. so no period for over a year!  LOL!

Vicki Sam