Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

OMG yes lets post chocolate, lol.  Im having a bit of a tummy issue and would love some chocolate right now.  Aunt Flo is coming soon and chocolate sounds so yummy, but the thought of eating it, not so good right now.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Paula - Sorry about the tummy.  Is it from chemo?  If so, do you have something you can take?  Hope you feel better soon.

• Paula66

Thanks Jo.  Yea its from chemo.  I took my meds and they help, but the very thought of eatting, yuck!  I love chocolate, so, lol!!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Barb, love your new pic and your hair do.....it looks like mine!

• jo1955

Paula - I did not have chemo, so I can not imagine what it feels like.  The closest I can get is the nauseasted feeling from Arimidex & Femara.  But then again, when you really do the research, all the hormonal therapy drugs are considered in the chemo class.  So there could be some similarities.  

I will make sure I save a good chunk of chocolate for you - you can enjoy it when you are feeling better LOL!

(((HUGS))) 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Is it this train or another one where we were talking about chocolate....I was early for an appointment this afternoon , went in to the bulk barn and bought a handfull of bridge mix....never really did like them but the power of suggestion....very strong! (so let's hope the hypnosis cd works then!).Lynniea...sorry about your news...but Feb 24th is right around the corner...nto long to wait at all. Then the healing journey begins my friend! Hang on..we are here!

• Paula66

AWE!!!! Thanks JO

((((((((((((((((((((JO)))))))))))))))))))

• jo1955

Paula

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Thanks for all the nice thoughts.  Elimar thanks for the picture of Lenny it was cool to see him in person.  I just want to get this going it may not be long but it feels like forever.  Pet can on 24th. I am praying for good news.

• Paula66

Lynniea Im glad your trip was a good one.  I will add you to my prayer list.  Hang in there.  These are some good gals to hang with.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Yes I found that out.  Thanks Paula for the prayer I need as much as I can get.  Now it is the waiting game again. Pet scan on the 24th.  Hopeful foe good outcome.

• jo1955

lynniea - The waiting game is the worst.  But hang with us, we have all been there, done that and will give you our full support.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Wow, I am gone for a few days and I am way behind.  Just wanted to let y'all know that the results from my biopsy last week were benign.  I have to meet with the doctor on Wednesday for follow-up.

Ok, now back to catching up!

• dawney

barbe - love the new profile pic!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo, can't wait to come have some wine with you. Looks very relaxing

Paula-so sorry you are not feeling well form the chemo.  Did not have chemo, but last week had awful SE from tamox.  Was so nauseated I could not even go to work so I sympathize with you.  Will pray you feel better soon.

Dawney-So glad you biopsy came back B9.

Since I had to cancel my weekend trip because of my SE of tamox I spent the weekend getting organized.  I can now see my desk and have moved all my booking stuff from my dinning room table back to my desk. woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

dawney, great news!  B9 is the way to B. 

Unfortunately, I could not find the legendary "Cristo" to do a happy dance for you, so I got the closest thing I could find to a personal trainer.  High energy Happy Dance for you.

happy dance Pictures, Images and Photos

I notice you got a new happy looking pic to go with your news too!

• Sherryc

Elimar-Love the dancer

• jo1955

Elimar - You are loads of laughter.

• dawney

elimar - thanks for the dance - love it!

my new pic was made a few days ago in Cozumel.  13 weeks PFC.

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Lynne,

so glad you had a great trip, we will travel the bc journey with with our love and support.

Paula, hope you are feeling better, it is so weird i am the same way right now only virtual chocolate appeals, larry looks good and we will have a great hunk after Chemo is done!

Dawney,

so happy for you...good smiling face :)

Barb love the work out story...fits me just perfect right now.

welcome to the new posters, this is s great place to hang out.

{{{HUGS}}}

Jean

• jo1955

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

This is the haircut my DH gave me last week!! I also wear large earrings or necklaces to draw the eye away from my flat chest...and it works!

As for the story, didn't I tell you that it was from an email on the internet? Yikes! I can't take credit, so use it!! I COULD write like that though.....

• JeanneR
    JeanneR Member Posts: 38

lynniea I will add you to my prayers as well. We all hate waiting....

• jo1955

barbe - Love the haircut - it is so cute.  DH did a good job.

• Sherryc

Barb, cute haircut, wish my DH could cut my hair and same me trips to the beauty shop.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    GIRLS------------WE ARE ON PAGE 300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Laughing
  • jo1955

WOO HOO! PAGE 300 - ANY EXCUSE TO CELEBRATE!!

• elimar

Eph, Believe me, I noticed.  I know we commemorated the 100th page, then the 200th, then it kind of got off track when there was a celebration for the 250th page (?), and at that point we were celebrating any given day of the week, so I didn't even mention it.

I will tell you two things.  One, I am celebrating privately, just me and my personal use Girl Scout cookies (pictured.)  I'm sorry, as you can see I got the bare minimum.  I did not get enough to share. I will borrow my buddy's extended cab pick-up next year so I can have enough to offer to others.  

GIRL SCOUT COOKIESGIRL SCOUT COOKIESGIRL SCOUT COOKIES

(If you read anything I write on this thread, just come to expect some embellishment.  If I were posting this information on the Elab thread, I might say I ate half of a shortbread cookie.  It's not really telling a lie, it's just writing for "a certain audience."  The actual truth about me and the cookies, is somewhere in the vast area between the two.  Hee-hee-hee.)

And two, in my mind a REAL BIG milestone should be coming up in maybe a month when we hit 10,000 posts.  TEN THOUSAND.  They weren't all me, I swear.  I already have something in mind for that big shindig, and everyone will get their invitations well in advance so all will be quite ready to party when the time comes

• jo1955

elimar - I'm sure I have helped alot with the postings.  You can see I do post alot.  Have to keep the gitls on the Tammy thread well fed and entertained.

• elimar
    jo, Considering you joined 16 months after I did, I would say you did!  You are about to surpass my number of posts.  Pretty soon you will be giving Barbe a run for her money.