Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo you up early this morning as well.  I decided to take the plunge and start my tamox again last night.  Even though I slept good it seems I don't sleep as long when I take it.  Off today and was hoping I would sleep in this morning. No such luck.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

LMAO!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Barbe....thank you! the perfect beginning to a day that started off inthe crapper! Might even make it to the gym this morning after that one!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barbe...   

Hysterical girl Pictures, Images and Photos

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherry - Are you taking the whole dose or splitting it?  I did the split dose for about a week and then the whole dose at breakfast.  Had some minor stomach queasiness but that went away.  Now I just deal with the toe pains.

• Sherryc

Jo-I am taking the whole dose, but it took 6 days before I started to feel any nausea and each day it got worse until day 12 it was debilitating.  If It happens again and I have to call the MO I will talk to him about lowering my dose and then building up.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Barb that was great. I am starting my lunch time walk today since I'm done with rads. If I see Christo I will make sure I kick him in the street in the path of a fast moving truck.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Laughing
  • Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

too funny, I love it!

Teklya

• jo1955

Sherry - Why don't you start taking 10mg for a week or so and then build up.  Just do it.  Most MOs would not have a problem with that as long as you are taking something.

(((HUGS))) my friend. 

• Sherryc

Jo-I may give it a try.  I just have the 20mg tabs but I have a pill cutter and can cut them.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

the teethbrushing description bring such a visual!

• JeanneR
    JeanneR Member Posts: 38

Too Funny Barbe...LOL

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783
  • jo1955

Sherry - I have a pill splitter and you are welome to borrow mine  - LOL!

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

jo! how are you? I have sleeping problem. It is 2.04 am midnight here in India, everyone has already gone to fast asleep. I dont know what  wrong with me.. I just cant sleep. Only 4 hours left for sunrise.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

it's almost 4 pm here on the east coast of the US.  Sorry you can't sleep.  Trouble sleeping from time to time seems to come with the diagnosis.  Probably nothing is wrong with you! 

• jo1955

raj - I am doing great these days.  Sleep or lack thereof has always been a problem for me.  It has nothing to do with the Tamox.  If you are taking you pill at night, you may want to try switching to the morning.  So sorry you can't sleep.

• Sherryc

Jo-I'll be right over to get the pill splitter. LOL

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

E-fancy staircase?

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi girl's Back from Maine.  It was a wonderful weekend.  We first went to pick up my niece at Uni varsity of New England.  Met up with my sis and cousin.  We went to the hotel and than to Portland where we found a restaurant called Flat Bread Pizza great food.  They cooked the pizza right out in front of you.  We went swimming at the hotel and ate some more.  The next day we went to a candy shop where they had a 1700 pound chocolate Moose and 80 pound bear cubs all made from chocolate.  If I can figure it out I will put a picture of him his name was Lenny.  Than we drove to Freeport, Maine to LL Bean store and North Face outlet. Did some great shopping.  A lot of great little stores.  Than we rested a little while and went to dinner for LOBSTER not one but 2 for $19.95 what a deal.  It was on a ship docked on the water.  Drove home on Monday in the snow not so bad roads where clear.

I also had my Oncologist appt at 1:45 which she told me I will have to have Chemo, Surgery and Radiation.  I have to have a pet scan on the 24th of Feb they have a tumor board on Thurs where she will speak with my surgeon.  I see both of them on the 28th. Than I will have a plan.  I just want to get this going.  So hope you all had a great weekend.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I'm so glad you went Linnea, how many pounds is the moose now? ehehhhehehee

• elimar

I thought to myself, "There is no way a moose of those chocolate-y proportions would NOT be pictured somewhere on the internet."  I was right.  Heeeerrre's Lenny!

chocolate moose

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

Barbe .. New photo sent yesterday?   Or am I losing my mind?

Vicki Sam

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

ELI!! YUM!!!

• elimar
    Lynniea, will you have chemo before your surgery or is that what they are doing to be deciding with the tumor board?  Hope they don't find any new "pets" when they scan you.
  • elimar

Barbe's got her pearls on now...she must be going somewhere.  I'm not surprised, as half of this thread's population (those East of the Mississippi) are heading up to Maine to devour LENNY!!!

• Sherryc

Lynn-sorry about the chemo news but know that we will all be here for you duing this journey of yours.  Stay with us and we will support you along the way.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

Barbe,  I swear ... tears are flowing down my cheeks!   This is some funny .. shiiiiiit!   I would LOVE to share it ..

Vicki Sam

• jo1955

Lynniea - Glad you had a great weekend.  Let it to Elimar to find a picture of the chocolate moose.  Let us know what your plan is going to be when you find out.  Sorry you are going to have chemo but like Sherry said, stay with us and we willl support you every step of the way.

Sherry - I forgot to mention that when I did the split dose of Tamox, I made sure it was with a meal.  That may help you as well.  I did breakfast and dinner.  Also, I have the pill splitter waiting and while you are here, I thought we could have a glass of wine together.