Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

How many are going on the May cruise ?  Is it fun?  Have you been ... ditching my husband, and thinking about it !!!!

Vicki Sam

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sandee -  We will be going to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Caymen Islands and Cozumel.  We have done this trip 3 times before.  Have been to Jamaica 6 times.  Love it there.  When we book a cruise we usually go out of Galveston and we don't care where the ship goes.  No one can find us and we don't have to be at work.

Annettek - Give me two hours and my luggage will be packed and my butt will be on the road to Galveston. 

52 days - but who is counting? 

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Sandee......... thank you so much for your sweet words........HUGS to you! and yes, I will :)

((((((((((((((Sherry)))))))))))))))) I know........I do too, it would be easier to be able to sleep them away...but even when I do go to sleep on the day of his death anniversary, I wake up.....have every year about the same time he left... anyway........We can pm each other if you would like. Just want you to know.

Jo............I am so sorry to hear that!!!!!    and now, the question.....what is a seroma??

• jo1955

sunangel - A seroma is clear fluid build up in the breast.  It is common after lumpectomy since some of the tissue has been removed. Pressure builds up and they can be painful.  Once they are aspirated (drained) it is instant relief. Most of the time, the fluid is reabsorbed into the breast tissue.

I had a very large one right after surgery that had to be aspirated.  Have had 2 small ones since and working on another.  My BS told me I could have these up to a year after surgery.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

jo - hope you are leaving cell phones and laptops behind too:)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Lynn glad you have some options and sounds like it is working out for you.  Good Luck.

Sunangle we can always PM if you need to talk.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Wow I feel like a new woman today.  My rump its draggin on the floor, just close to it,lol.  I had a TX friday so clear up to yesterday energy was low.  I was able to fix my family a nice supper and cleaned up afterwards.  Plus I got to eat chocolate, yahoo!!! 

I sometimes wonder WTH insurance is really doing.  I found out that my copay for my Nuelasta shot was 750.00.  This really frosts my cookies.  Im like really.  I have paid my dang insurance every week like a good girl for 10 years.  Hardly used it.  Then I get cancer and bam, look out.  I know what ya mean Lynn about the insurance dealings, grrrr.  Good luck and keep on truckn!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

I am sooo grateful I am in Canada when I hear insurance nightmares...the only thing I have paid is $4.50 per tri-monthly tami prescription and now $14. per chiro appointment...I have not seen a bill and have no idea how much any of this is costing the Canadian taxpayer..and since I am one, well. I figur eI hav ebeen paying since I started my first job!. Like you Paula, I have paid into my health insurance for decades....I would lose my mind if I got a bill like that. Sounds like a fight could be in the works....$80. therapuetic massage bills are high enough..toss 'em in the fire!

• jo1955

Sandee - The laptop does stay at home.  The cell phones get turned off when we board the ship and put in the safe in our cabin for the week.  We do need the cells when we travel.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

I am interested  but  from India  it is impossible.

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

I kind of wish I had gone last year. That is an impossible month for me to take off work. :(

Plus I get scared if I fly my lyphadema will get worse. But it sounds like fun.

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

jo....... ok.      I have had fibrocystic cysts.....sounds the same. I have had to have aspirated three times over the last ten years, and it was the same breast as the lcis......

Everyone have a good day....or the best you can have. I will be thinking of all of you! :) 

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

morning all! I staye dhome yesterday since my latest fill just made me feel too much like a fairly sized house was sitting on my chest. I posted the latest pincs on pic forum...determined to capture each stage of this to help those who behind me and in gratitude for those in front of me...Much more managable today and now will start counting down to 3/16 and the exchange....i have been on such a roller coaster the past 10 days or so...thank goodness I think the final effects of that )(*D# AI is out of my systems. Time to pull up my big girl panties and get cracking with moving forward instead of being scared of every little *ping* going off in my body. The cruise with BC folks sounds fun and maybe I can join next year...sounds like a blast...

Big hugs to all of you wonderful folks:)

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Good Morning all.  Pet scan today.  I feel that we need all the best test done and some how God will take care of the rest.  I believe he will take care of everything and see me through it.  This is a very humbling experience.  Yesterday I got a phone call from my bosses sister which we just talked and  expressed her concern.  You realize you have so many people in your coner just there to yet you know we are going to get through this.  These people know when I worked their I would not work on church nights.  Well hope everyone has a great day and God Bless.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Lynn...will be there with you in spirit holding your hand....

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Thank you

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Lynniea, may your PET scan stay nice and dark today.

Eph, So how did that lottery thing work out for you? 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

((LYNNIEA)) Good luck!

Morning Eli!!

• jo1955

Lynniea - Good Luck today - we will be here waiting to hear the results.  (((HUGS)))

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

sunangel, cysts and seromas are different things. Similar in treatment, but one could be a complex or simple cyst, but a seroma is like a bruise, it's a result of trauma. Normally the body absorbs it back, but sometimes too much fluid has built up and it has to be drained.

• elimar

I know this question has come up before.  (I probably asked it before myself.)   How many women are following up with the BS for the full 5 years? 

Are most of you just seeing your MedOnc and going for the mammos once active treatment is finished?

• Sherryc

A BC cruise would be fun, maybe next year for me.  DH does not want to go on a cruise so maybe a cruise with a bunch of fun ladies would be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JO I guess I got lucky with my seroma.  When they did my CT for my rads boost mine had completely healed from when the did the CT for my initial planning.  I hope it was all the extra exercising I was doing.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Med Onc only.

I only saw the BS twice after surgery, once a week later, then sometime during chemo.

• TMarina
    TMarina Member Posts: 297

eli--I saw my BS for follow-up after sugery and that was it (unless there is a problem).  My MO is "in charge" of all my care.  I'll have mammo and MRI once a year.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

I'm just following up with my Med Onc.  After my BS took out my port she said I see enough doctors and she felt I was being followed up very well without having to see her also.

(((Lynniea)))

• Sherryc

I only saw my BS once after surgery, but she said I can come see here anytime I want.  so will probably keep some kind of contact for awhile.  Just finished rads and have a mammo an follow up in april then he will release me to my MO.  My MO will oversee my care and I will have yearly mammo and MRI alternating every six month. I will have to see my MO every three months for 2 years then every 6 months up to 5 years then yearly after that.

• elimar

That's what I thought.  After I see my BS in March, I'm done with him.  (Unless a miracle occurs and he offers to remove the seven unwanted surgical clips left behind in my body.  Fat chance on that.  Any doctor can use those clips instead of sutures, but in his case he probably adopted them when he went over to Afghanistan to do military doctoring and needed to work QUICK.  I'm sure the least worry a soldier has is whether a few titanium clips were left behind.)

After that I'll just have MO doing bloodwork & groping, the mammos, and my GYN doc also doing an annual groping.  Plus, I'll continue to do BSE, since I was so good at finding the lump the first time.  I think that is enough.  Less doctors equals more normal...sounds good!

• Sherryc

I so agree less doctors more normal................

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Well, I won't be cruising with Mum.  I won on 1 of my lottery tickets-a whooping $4!  But I suppose it's better than a kick in the you know what!

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

Aww, darn it, I was hoping you could go cruising Joni.