Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

TGIF is right!!!!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Happy Friday everyone- Granny- here is book info- you can get a used copy on Amazon for like 3 bucks

The Search for Serenity and How to Achieve It by Lewis F. Presnall (Jun 1959)

You don't need ot buy the new edition from the 90s-the orginal is perfectly fine:)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    I have serenity already.....Kiss I am lucky, I know!
  • Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Barbe, is the baby here yet?

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Eli, very interesting pic at the top of the page

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    That is the 1952 woodcut, Puddle, by Dutch graphic artist M.C. Escher.
  • elimar

Cancer was barely on my radar about five years ago.  Then my mom got lung cancer.  Then I got breast cancer.  Then I started hearing of a lot of people MY AGE also getting breast cancer (on here, of course, but I mean IRL.)  So, today I got the registration form for Relay For Life.today and at the bottom are boxes to check regarding one's experience with cancer. I checked all four: Self, Relative, Friend, and  as Caregiver for.  It's moments like these that The Beast just seems so unconquerable.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

HAH! I thought it was an Escher!!

Baby born Wednesday night at 10:31. 7 lbs 13 oz of George. Baby and mom doing fine! Didn't realize I hadn't mentioned it on this thread, sorry!

• elimar

Congrats, Granny B.  Named after the stuttering King, right?  What's your GK total now? 

• chrissyb

Congrats on Grandbaby #3 Barb!

• elimar

Chrissyb answered my question (posting almost simutaneously, like she was reading my mind!)

• Sherryc

Elimar-we have our Relay for Life survivors dinner on Monday.  I have never been of course as this is my first year, but I do know several people who will be there.  For some reason I am feeling really funny about going.  I did sign up and will go, guess maybe it is just because it is all new to me.

• elimar

I didn't do Relay last year, timing was bad, so I will be a first timer this year, too.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

so E-did Escher draw that picture or did he actually do wood cut on top of a drawing or do you know?  His work intrigues me, but I know very little about him--guess I have time to research him a bit since I'm not having to go, go, go all the time with DD right now.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi ladies Doing pretty good a little nauseous but ok.  My cousin signed me up for breast cancer walk in New Britain CT.  Team Lynn.  My 2 niece's might be running in it. Everyone have a good weekend

• Sherryc

Lynniea glad to hear your up and about.  Hope the nausea subsides soon.

• lynniea

Thanks Have a nice weekend

• JeanneR
    JeanneR Member Posts: 38

TGIF? Thanks God I'm Female?

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I am going to get out and enjoy the sun after work.

Lynn -glad your doing better

Barb congrats on #3, boys are fun

Eli love the picture too, love the images in the woods

My SIL is in the hospital, had to have surgery for obstructed bowel. She will have to wear a pouch for awhile they not for sure yet but there was some damage. Will know more later today. Keep her in your prayers

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Barbe- congratulations!!!

Elimar- good for you joining relay for life...figur ei will get into running in the spring when my foot/ankle back stuff is normal again...I know what you mean re. cancer...befor elast June...cancer was something my 'ex's family members all go, conquered and moved on from ...now it seems that everyone I meet has cancer or has a family member who has or has had cancer...maybe it is just on my personal radar right now??? not sure.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Lynn - Glad you are feeling better

Barbe - Congrats!!!

mjb - Positive thoughts and prayers for your SIL

Eli - Woo Hoo on joining relay for life.

Enjoy the weekend Middies 

• lynniea

Yes feels good to get this started.  My biopsy came back negative. Praise God.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• jo1955

Lynn - Doing the happy dance for the negative biopsy!

• lynniea
    Thank you
  • chrissyb

Yay Lynn!  Doing the happy dance for negative bio!  Yahoo!

• somewhereinbetween
    somewhereinbetween Member Posts: 9

I have read many of you ladies post and I must say that I just wanted to jump in and comment on a few of the encouraging words that I heard. I guess I like the real talk. I mean I like being informed and love learning new and exciting things, I just never knew I would be learning in this new and inspired way. So I thank you women whom I share a commonality with being diagnosed with b\c. 

• chrissyb

Hi somewhereinbetween, welcome!  Glad you found us and are learning what you need. 

Love n hugs.  Chrissyb

• jo1955

Welcome somewhereinbetween - What a fantastic group of ladies you have found.  They have been my inspiration.  But also sorry we have to met like this.  This is the place to be for information and support.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Sherry, I didn't do any "cancer" related walks or fundraisers for a couple years after I was done treatment.  I just hated that I was all of a sudden everyone's poster girl for breast cancer and I wanted to be left alone.  After a while though I did participate in certain fundraisers, when it felt right to me, not because I was expected to.  For the past couple years, I've actually been very involved with some BCO activities ... there's a brochure out there with my pic and story in many dr's offices, and I took part in a video of survivors for the 10th anniv'y Rock the Ribbon in Phila (where I live).  Those things meant more to me because obviously BCO is near and dear to my heart.  We all have to find the things that mean something to us for our own reasons, not because it's expected of us after our dx.
  • marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

somewhere, you picked a good thread to join...hope you made us a "favorite".  We share all things related to our lives, not just cancer.  Having a bad day in work?  Tell us about it.  Like a certain movie?  Do tell!  Hub bothering you? Join the club :)  Just know that you can talk about whatever you want in here ... it's a great room for just - anything.  And occasionally we have really cool cyber parties - stick around long enough and you'll be shocked at how much fun we can have over the internet!  Your post doesn't give much info about where you are in the BC journey.  If you feel like sharing, we'd like to know more.  If you'd rather not, that's totally fine too.

Eli, I have no idea where you come up with these frame topper pictures, but they're always either fascinating (as this one is) or topically on point (like the Irish pics earlier this week).  Great job hon.