Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

To all of our sisters in Libya and Bahrain and Japan and Egypt..my heart goes out to you. How are they going to get to Dr. appointments? have surgery? their needs will be put aside because of airstrikes and tsunamis and revolutions....breaks my heart.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Bad stomach ache what do you do about it.  Help me

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

lynniea- do you have any ginger ale or ginger tea? That always helps me. And I have started going to the chinese grocery and buying something called ginger chews-very cheap-like a 1.50 for a big bag- they are great for upset stomaches.

Falining all of the above, I get ina bath tub and let the water soothe me.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Oh, lynniea, I never know what to do when my stomach hurts. Sometimes, I chew Tums. Sometimes I sip hot tea. Most of the time I just lay on my side clutching a pillow.

annette is right - ginger tea is what helps me. The bath tub sounds like a good idea, too! I hope you are feeling better soon...

Thank you, annette and jo, for your kind words regarding the ex. He's a much better ex-husband that he was husband. Oddly, now that our son is 21, it seems like he's getting jealous of him. But then I remember that is a typical narcissistic trait - pathetic. Glad he's not mine anymore!

Carol - so glad you and your husband at least talked about it. Now that yours is aware of how you feel, he may actually change a little. Of course, don't count on it but you may occasionally be pleasantly surprised!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Nibbling on Ginger snap cookies also helps.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Make sure you keep your bowels clear!! A Sennoket laxative with a stool softener is a MUST. Don't say I didn't warn you!! Yell
  • cellomomof5
    cellomomof5 Member Posts: 49

Lynniea - I don't know if you have Trader Joe's in CT, but if so, they have the ginger chews.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I took sennoke last night.  Called church pastor prayed for me.  Thanks I will try some of them.

• Meece

I kept a bag of prunes in the fridge for daily help.  Never been so stopped up as I was during chemo.  Drink plenty of liquids!

• Meece
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

If you can't find Ginger Chews look for crystallized ginger.  Sometimes it's in the spices section and sometimes in the snack section of grocery stores.  Most health food stores carry it. Works good to prevent motion sickness as well as chemo nausea. 

• Meece

I make candied ginger using fresh ginger.  You can find a recipe and it is pretty easy, just don't burn the sugar.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Lynniea-did not do chemo but when I started tamox stayed nauseated for two weeks.  Lived off of sprite, ginger-ale, ginger/mint tea, ginger chews and saltines.  My Dad is starting chemo and the doctor has given him lactolose for constipation.  Hope you get to feeling better

• barbe1958

Yikes! Lactolose is a harsh laxative!! I've had to have drink that WITH a Fleet enema in the other end and felt like I was being ripped apart! You have to stay on top of your bowels or it is so hard to get gong again. Literally!!! No point a laxataive without a stool softener so you don't hurt yourself....

I'm finding posts that I didn't even see yesterday with the weird way the pages are appearing...sigh. I hope they get it all fixed NOW!!

• Meece

I am having the same problem.  I sent a message to the moderators I hope many others have and that they are working on a fix now.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I think everyone is having the same problem since the moderators made some changes.  I have to be careful to look and make sure I am on the last page.  It leaves me where Ieft off, not at the last post.

I am reading all the posts about keeping the bowels moving and what not.  About 2 years ago, I started taking acidophilus - can be purchased anywhere - it is good for the immue system and has kept me regular.  No problems in that department.  Just a suggestion. 

• Sherryc

Yes I forgot they gave him Lactolose with Senekot S.  He has been in so much pain and on pain meds and well you know what happened.  So he finally got moving so the MO thinks he will probably get constipatied with the chemo as well.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

circle of prayer here in so fla for your sil..   3jays

• Meece

Spring has sprung and soon it will be time to get out and enjoy outdoor activities.

Each of us will have to pedal, but I am more concerned as to which one of us will be steering after our refreshments.

• barbe1958

Would we just be going in a cirlce? What the heck IS that thing?

• Meece
  • Meece

Conference Bicycle   

I just don't want to be one of those riding backwards.

• barbe1958

I was just going to post that about riding backwards!! ehhehehehehee

• Meece

I'll take one of the four side seats because I don't want to have to concentrate on steering, I want to chat!

• Sherryc

I love it has headlights! too strange

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

I would not want to be riding backwards - I could steer - not sure where we would end up though.

• barbe1958

I think the headlights are so you know which way it's going....

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

It's a COnference BIke.  (Click to see it in action.)

Or, get a few more friends and go for the PEDALPUB!!!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I would probably end us up in the, at least my 15yr DS thinks my driving is bad. I guess he should know having all that experience and such.

Up date on SIL, they removed all the tubes and had her sitting up for a little while. We are getting bits and pieces of the reason this happened. It seems after her hysterectomy 12 years ago and with time part of her intestine moved into the space that was left and ended up getting twisted. I did not know that would happen and something to be noted if your approaching that stage.

• Sherryc

mjbmiller glad your SIL is getting better.  Good to know what caused it.  I had a hystercomy 17 years ago and no one ever said to watch for that. yikes.  good to know.