Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Good lord re. the $20.000.....if i got a bill form the Canadian system stating how much has been pain on my behalf, I would likely have another heart attack....that is why you have insurance...why can't they sort it out???? why put a woman going through this crap through insurance crap too....unbelievable!!!

My gym is fighting head office on my behalf right now.....they continue to take money out for a personal trainer I cannot use as I can't go to the gym (or at least work out hard) until my cardio team say i can....meanwhile, I am only working half time tryign to get my strength back....so they are taking out $500 a month for a service I cannot use at a time when I do not have the extra money coming in....looks like they are going to cancel my personal trainer contract (since I did bring in a doctor's note) and will refund me what I have not used yet (2/3 of my pt session)....I can sign up again later once I get my schedule and know what I am and am not allowed to do....ridiculous that they would not put it on hold...

pinke- hope he paid for the meds for you....wish you had dr's like mine who listen to me....makes a heckuva difference to our emotional well being..now is NOT the time to have to fight for your rights!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

sandee - oh, yes! That bill definitely piled on the stress! I just couldn't look at it anymore, as it came rolling in every week. I knew - mostly - that they would straighten it out, but still it was worrisome. This whole BC thing is worrisome.

Elimar, I like your version better of what the happy flowers are saying: I'm horrified to be here! LOL! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Just stopping in to say HI and all is well with me ... I just don't seem to be able to carve out the time I want to read all recent posts ... I was 4 pages back today!  In case anyone remembers that I was going to Baltimore last weekend to meet up with a woman I "met" in the chat room but never in person, it was soooo good.  I wish all of you special moments with good friends or family members this weekend.  I'm in a mellow mood tonight :)  Hugs and love to all, and to those just beginning this journey, take heart from us "oldies" who have walked your walk ... it gets better, we promise.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    I don't want to start a political argument, but here's the difference with universal healthcare. We don't pay anything extra after our taxes. The docs decide what treatment or test we need, not the insurance company. The only way the government is involved is to say, yep, she paid her taxes! The long waits are due to a LOT of people needing the same thing (like a hip replaement). Cancer brings you to the front of the line. I cannot imagine worrying about finances at a time like this!! I truly feel sorry for those of you who do. Innocent
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

And on top of that, Forbes says Canada is the friendliest country in the world!  

• elimar
    marlegal, you are going on six years out from B/C, and it IS so heartening for us others to be looking to that point and beyond.  Anyone who is newly diagnosed might notice, by what we write,  we are no longer absorbed in our B/C all day-every day, but that is the GOOD thing.  You are right...like most things in life, you just keep moving on.  BTW, we missed you at our 10,000 post fantasy cruise (that was more than 4 pages back.)
  • barbe1958

I can't break the bco habit because I truly care about a whole bunch of you guys. I'm not going to tell you which ones, though...ehehheehhehehehe

I have favourite threads locked that have crafts and photos and trips on them, and on some we don't even mention the cancer word! It's kind of like being at a huge pajama party and visiting different sleeping bags to get caught up on the latest in make-up tips, hair colouring, crafts, etc.

• marlegal

Eli, I saw a bit about the cruise ... many nights I might have enough time to read a few posts, but just not to write comments.  I was dancing on the ship and I think I ate more food than any of you from the way my pants fit lately :)

Barbe, I still go into the Chat Rooms on Fri/Sat nights because of the friendships I made in there, so I get what you mean about caring for certain people.  I'm not going to name names either though!!!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Barbe - Seems I am addicted to BCO as well.  Have made lots of new friends, exchanged emails and phone numbers.  I too have my favorite threads and we tend to have lots of fun on them.  We still can get serious when we need to though.

On a fun note, DH and I are off in the morning for our 7 day cruise.  Will be on here a little tonight and then no internet for a week.  That is going to be a bummer - will miss everyone.

• marlegal

Jo, I am soooo jealous!!!  I know we all deserve wonderful things, but with the year you've had? You might deserve it a teeny bit more :)  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.  Take some pics and share them with us next week, okay?

• jo1955

Marlegal - It has been 7 months of living hell.What could go wrong, did go wrong.

My 56th birthday is Thursday and I will go off and enjoy.  I have booked myself a massage for a b'day present for myself.   

• barbe1958

Oh Jo!!! I wish you only the very bestest of holidays!!! Do enjoy sweetie. I'm off this week, darn it! I could have gone with you!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo Happy Birthday early since you won't be around, I know tha massage with be great.  But I do think it is funny that you are now on vaca and can't stay away from BCO.hehe

• barbe1958

Jo's not on vacation yet, I am. I'm at home. No money to go anywhere so y'all better entertain me!!!!

• jo1955

I am so addicted to you gals and love you so much, I just can't stay away.  

Vacation will officially start in the morning. 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

JO  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Have a blast.  We will miss ya! Enjoy all the fun and sun.

• jo1955

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.  What a way to celebrate.  I so want to take everyone with me.  Will be thinking about you gals all week.

• Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

Jo: Birthday hugs and great warm wishes for a fabulous week at sea.

Stay healthy and enjoy!

Teklya

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

Jo: have a wonderful trip and Birthday!

Did you notice that I changed my city to Omaha? I will be giving notice to my job next week and I hope they tell me they don't want me for the next 2 weeks LOL! My DH moved most of my belongings back last week. We will be long distance lovers once again, but we do well with that :)

Has anyone had a bone scan? If so what happens during that procedure? My oncologist wants me to have one because I have been having mid thoracic back pain but I think it is just part of the lower back pain I always have and I might choose to skip it since the pain has become less and intermitent.

I hope you all are having a good weekend.

Linda

• marlegal
    OG I have had a bone scan...it's a painless, easy procedure. There is a dye injection sometimes..that's the kind I had...but considering some of the crap we have, the bone scan isnt bad. I hope your results are clear and clean. Hugs and good luck hon.
  • barbe1958

The only hassle with a bone scan is that they inject you and then send you away for a couple of hours. Then they do the scan which can be over an hour long! My last one was 1 hour and 15 minutes. The allowed me to get up and go pee! So, write your day off to the test!

• elimar

OG, I also had mid-back pain and had a bone scan.  I think the pain was somehow tied to the rads...not that it was neccessarily caused by rads, but rads does that tissue and cellular damage to one side of the body and I do think it causes a tightening, and slight muscular changes that put you out of balance with the muscles on the other side of the back.  That's my own personal theory about it, but anyway when I told my MedOnc about deep back/rib pain, his split second response was bone scan.  As unlikely as your pain is to be from mets, the docs will always respond in a way that 1) covers their butts so as not to overlook something serious; and 2) keeps the diagnostic money rolling in; but to be fair to them and to accept our "new normal," we can't just ignore those back pains as we used to.

The scan is easy.  Mine was about 45 min.  After they do your head, you might be able to watch the monitor and see for yourself if any hot spots show up.  I went into my scan thinking, "This is a little stupid, I really don't think my back pain is due to mets," but I still enjoyed receiving the reassuring news that I was "all clear."  And you will too.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Happy B-Day Jo and enjoy your trip.  Feeling great today.  Hope everyone has a nice rest of the day wild night last night with rain thunder and lighting

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Jo have a wonderful birthday!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I went to see my aunt today who just got diag with pancreatic cancer.  She has had one round of chemo so far.  I took her a casserole and we had a really great visit and then a really good cry.  She  already has mets and the MO told her to best he has done with pancreactic mets if 5 years.  So she is believing that she is gonna get 5 years with her grandbabies.  So I told her I am gonna believe that with her.  They are little and I want them to be able to remember their Nana.

• marlegal
    Sherry I am so sorry for your news.  I hope she gets those 5 yrs, and maybe even a little extra. Hugs hon.
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Awe Sherry, sending you hugs and prayers you way. 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

sherry, im with marle gal.. 5 years and more. i had the same feelings when i got dx, but with a better prognosis. ya wanna see your GKids till they're older.. it can be so overwhelming. ill keep you all in my prayers.\ she's lucky to have you in her life. you do get it.      3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Aw Sherry, so sorry to hear that. Prayers going up.

• Teklya
    Teklya Member Posts: 362

To all of you who may have been affected by the horrendous storms, my prayers go out to you! 

take good care and just breathe. . .

Teklya