Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Sherry- So sorry.....but others have also been told 5 years and are still with us so stranger things have happened...perhaps being given some kind of timeline will help her to live every single moment to the fullest between now and the dateline (and beyond it!)

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Thanks all she is really keeping positive she has a pretty grueiling chemo schedule she has chemo fro 2 days every other week and has to wear a chemo pump for 48 hours during that time and then take the pump back on the third day.  She has to do this schedule for 40 weeks.  I am going to try to keep her in casseroles on a regular schedule.  My uncle works part time and trying to take her to treatments.  She said hamburgers were getting old. 

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Sherry you and your aunt and her family are in my prayers....it is so wonderful that she has you to help her out and cheer her on...big hugs

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

Praying for you and your friend, sherry.  Maybe your friend should get a second opinion from another doc at another center?  Things are changing so fast that local docs can't keep up with everything. 

• Sherryc

Native Mainer this MO is very up to date.  He is actually my MO as well.  But he is doing a new treatment on her that not many docs do.  She is getting the standard pancreatic cancer chemo along with this newer regime that he came across from some Dr's in New York.  She thought about going to MDA but then decided against it and stay home for treatment where she could have friends and family help her out.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Sherryc, My friends brother had a different kind of cancer, but is using the home pump for chemo too.  I know everyone is different, but he is tolerating it well and has no nausea.  I hope it is that way for your aunt as well.

I'm having some computer issues, so until some new parts arrive, I might not be able to check in quite as often.  

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Boy I have been off a week and look at all that has happened.  Was getting over strep and then was able to go on our annual church ladies retreat, needed the time away. 

Update on my dad, they took the IV's out yesterday and planning to go home today.  It will be three weeks since his diagnosis of leukemia.  Now the wait begins on seeing if this round of chemo puts him in remission. 

Sherry sorry about your aunt, I also pray for 5+ years that she will be with your family.

To the newbies, Amm, Kay, Birdy and Pink (sorry if I missed anyone) welcome, sorry for the reason you are here, but everyone here is so great, we laugh, we cry, we hug.  We'll will be with ya'll every step of the way.

Sorry I missed saying bon voyage to Jo, what a great birthday trip.

The DH and I are celebrating 20 years of wedded bliss tomorrow on the 20th.  Better get flowers and good dinner this time.

• Sherryc
    mjbmiller-Congrats on 20 years!!!!!Smile  Also I am so glad you Dad is finally getting to go home.  Hope everything continues well for him.
  • sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Sherry...........keeping good thoughts for your Aunt!!!!

• sunangel27

MJ.......congrats!!

• Sandeeonherown

mj- twenty years..congratulations!

sherry- boy..your aunt is fortunate you are nearby and understand and love her so much. 40 weeks......I cannot possibly imagine.....40 weeks.....gosh. Wish I were closer to add to your casserole rota!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

mjb Happy Anniversary, and I hope you get a good dinner too!!

Wanted to share a little something with all of you ... went for my regular 6-month visit with med onc today and since I'll be going off hormonal therapy next month (it being 5 yrs since I started), I don't see her again for one year!!!  It felt so nice to check-out and get an appt card for a whole year from now.  I still see surgeon every 6 for an area where rads did damage, so the cord isn't being cut totally on the follow-ups, but it felt real good. And I swear to God, one of the first things I thought of was - I can't wait to tell all my BCO buds, like each time one of us passes some milestone, we all do, ya know?

• Sandeeonherown

Marlegal- you are an inspiration!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats mjb.  Twenty years is a milestone now a days.

Marlegal I bet your doing the happy dance right now!!  You go girl.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

MJB- congrats!!!!!!!! we are coming up on 35 years at the end of the month and I can hardly believe it....fellin love with in high school....

MARLEGAL: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sohappy so thrilled for you my friend- you give us all hope and light the road ahead

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Wow thats a long time also,annette. How are the new girls doing?   Im just waiting around for my exchange and its a bit uncomfortable.  Did you have any issues with your final fill?  I did mine last Tuesday and Im still uncomfortable.   

• elimar

annetek, I have been meaning to ask...is that a sheep in your profile picture, or a calf, or ???

marlegal,  that is exciting that your five year hormonal piil-popping spree is almost at an end.  Happy for ya, and jealous, of course.  But now I am also wondering...do you mean we have to KEEP SEEING the MedOnc, even after the five year sentence is up?  Don't we get to dump them too at some point? 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Lilac Anniversary
  • 3jaysmom

sorry, it was a BIG wish.. for a BIG anniversary   lol      3jays

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Congratulations to those of you with anniversaries.  I have been married for 29 years of my life!  Almost six this time.  I applaud those of you who have made those milestones to your first loves!

• Sherryc

Marlegal-GONRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doing the happy dance for a one year follow up and finishing those nasty little pills.  You remind us that we can do it!!!!!!!!

Elimar-I was told the MO would be my doctor for life.  No cutting the cord.  That is why I found another one that I like. Figure if they were going to be around for life I needed one I liked and trusted.

Annette-wow 35 years and high school sweetharts!!! congrats.  We have been married 23 1/2 years, where does time go seems just like yesterday.

• elimar

Lots of anniversaries at this time of year...mjbmiller, congrats and annettek and 3jaysmom too.  I'll use a little pic that I can't use for the "cancerversaries,"  something with hearts...

Happy Anniversary Pictures, Images and Photos

• sunangel27

mjb......happy anniversary!!

marlegal........congrats!! I am sure that did feel good to have that done!!!!!  can't wait till my 5yr!!
    (on a side note........my mom has been calling me almost every two weeks lately to make sure I am still taking my tammy!!! heheee Bless her heart! I have to constantly assure her that I am. SO yep, it would be a great milestone!!    Can't wait till I am there!!!! 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Marlegal - Congratulations! It's always nice to hear when a BC sister completes this long road - confirms it actually can be done!

Ugh! I have a CT scan in about an hour. Drank my yummy "shake". Dread the injection part. 

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

HeartnSoul7 .. My dear friend and Sister .. Thinking about you, sending positive vibes your way .. as well as prayers.

I will be the Sister in pacing back and forth in your CT room --

Gentle Hugs,

Vicki Sam

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Heart good luck today

Marlegal congrats on your milestone

Thanks for the kind words, we decided to go out Sat night so we could relax and stay out as long as we want.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

MBJ congrats!!

OT maybe, but I don't get a drink when I get a CT. I only get contrast or no contrast. What am I missing being checked for?

• 3jaysmom
    two years to the day today, was my BMX.. im here!im doin the happy dance!!! tommorrows my 20th wedding anniv..(for the 2nd timehahaha)     3jays
  • barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

mjb - happy anniversary!!!! And many more!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Whew! It's over! Thanks for the well wishes - I saw you over there, Vicki Sam, and I was talking to you when they left me to go get a "good" vein finder! She missed the first time, but fortunately she didn't want to keep poking me so I only got stuck twice. So happy that's over!

Barbe - I don't know. I lost my instructions, of course, but the drink says "Barium Sulfate Suspension". You drink about a quart of that at home 2 hours before the test, then they give you a cup more to drink when you get there. They did a few passes with the machine with just the barium sulfate in me, and then they injected me with a radioactive dye and did a few more passes.