Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

3jays congrats.  Love the anniver 20 years X2 haha.  Two years since BMX woohoo

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

HnS, congrats, you made it through. Praying for great results!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

heartandsoul- you made it...good for you!! I understand re. the 'vein finder'...not great for confidence building....but being awake ad being able to say  NOT THAT ARM!! helps...makes their job a wee bit more difficult though since they can only get blood form one arm...I have to go for blood work tomorrow...oh yay

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Thank you thank you thank you for all those congrats .. I look forward to doing the happy dance for all other hormone takers at their 5-yr mark!

My onc also said we're friends for life, and frankly I'm fine with that. I think there are things that oncs might be in tune with that my other docs aren't, so if something comes up about the type of cx I had, I'd think she'd be the one to know about it. Plus is gives me a half-day from work and I never turn that down :)

All those anniversaries - it's wonderful! We'll be 34 yrs next month and I still like him a little :)

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Thanks, Barbara! I was so anxious to get out of there I forgot to ask when I can get the results...I'm sure my brain is around here somewhere! Too much stuff going on - no wonder I have that CRS disease!

sandee - I'm so happy it's over. I don't usually feel like this, but for some reason - this time - the easy part will be waiting for the results. I don't know why this test bothered me more than usual, but now I'm just going to relax. Yay for blood work, right? Hope you have a good "poker"! 

marlegal - I kind of like the idea of having my onc as a "friend for life". I like the fact that they'll be keeping an eye on the tumor markers, and like you said they should be up-to-date on the latest information for our cancer. I do look forward to the once per year visits, though, rather than the every 3 month thing I have right now. But, all good things in time. 

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 106

Question for you BRAVE WARRIORS ...

Do you celebrate NED's like a birthday, or your actual cancerversary (the day you were diagnosed?)

I tend to celebrate that day, NED came into my life ... 1/17/2010 .. 15 months dancing and celebrating with NED...  :-)

Vicki Sam

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

For me, the day I got my Dx was no cause for celebration so I don't really feel like celebrating the anniversary of that either.  I picked the surgery date, theoretically the day I became cancer-free, as my "cancerversary."  Long story short, there's no rule; so pick a meaningful day from your B/C saga and go with it.

• elimar

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the website acting up again?  When I clicked on the thread, I went directly to page 41.  I didn't know where I was for a moment, that was so long ago. 

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611
    YES Elimar I noticed that.
  • fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

It seems to be only this thread (so far) for me..... It brings me to page 33!

• Sandeeonherown

All the threads for me....usually it says 'new' if someone has posted after me but not right now....something odd going on for sure.

Heartandsoul- nice warm bath and bubbles for you tonight m'lady! you can relax now..it is over.

Elimar- I have not even thought about an anniversary date....I have the 6th of June down because it was the day I had the mammogram that started it all...the dreaded words " let me just take a picture of the left breast again. I didn't get everything"....not sure I want to celebrate that either ..then again...it IS the day that they found it and made plans to remove the cancer so ...maybe it is a day I should celebrate...?

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

TODAY is two years from my BMX; and thats' the one i choose. it suppossedly was the day they"got " the cancer...chemo must've been extra insurance eh..? lol   plus, tommprrow is my 20th wedding anniversary. its easy to keep track of, the other day harder to forget!!

anyway, it all works out.. i don't keep track of NED, too superstitious for that, don't wanna jinx it..!!! 3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

For me it is the day I was diagnosed and it is no celebration for me, it is a sigh of relief. One year 4/30. One year mammo next Tuesday and scanxiety is creeping in.

• sunangel27
    sunangel27 Member Posts: 234

Happy anniversary to all those that have them.......bc free and marriage wise........I can't remember all of them and am too tired to go read backwards to get all your names, but know that I am congratulating you all!!!!!! :) 

I think the day of not having to take the tammy will be the only anniversary about this that I will celebrate. Hate thinking of the day of the diagnose, hate thinking of the day they did the surgery to remove it........so won't celebrate them......  and blood work, I hate it, going every six weeks just sucks!! But am glad that the oncologist is keeping close tabs....just wish none of us had to go thru this!

Hugs to all of you

Paula

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Paula, you get bloodwork every 6 weeks!????!! Wow, that seems drastic...

• sunangel27

Yep barbe, every six weeks. and see the oncologist the next week......

I don't know why.....but to me it did too.  I have seen most getting it about every three months

• sunangel27

what is going on with the site!????      Some discussion boards I can get on, but most won't load?? The top heading says some admin problem......everyone else getting this or is it JUST ME???? heheeeee

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Not just you. Was doing that to me yesterday so I rebooted my computer and it has been behaving today so far, except for this thread that loads to page 41. Go figure? Why 41????

• sunangel27

Well, I will try that.              I tried to go on the one thread that is for all of us that don't sleep!!! hehee But, couldn't get on to chat with anyone, go figure! Can't sleep, can't post, can't talk ........ oy!!

That is weird, The ones that I have been able to load go to the last page for me.. 

Maybe 41 is your new lucky number???? heheee

• sunangel27

Well, I shut down, and brought it back up.....didn't help. Hope it is just the site and not me!! :(

• Sherryc

I choose to celebrate 9/30 as that was my surgery date that got the cancer.  had not really thought about it until I went to Relay for Life and they had us tell our name and how long we had been cancer free.

Sunagel every 6 weeks for blood work. yikes.  My old MO had me doing it every 2 month which I thought was overkill.  My new MO has me at every 3 months which is OK with me.

Update on my Dad.  He finished is radiation and has had no pain relief from it.  The day he was to start chemo his blood work was very out of wack and they thought he had some internal bleeding.  Went for a colonoscopy yesterday and they found cancer in is colon as well.  He had a pet scan 5 or 6 weeks ago and it did not show at that.  Anyway MO called and wants to see him  this afternoon so I will be taking my parents and see what the next step will be.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

I am so happy and congrats to all of you that are having cancanniverarys and Mar going off "the pill". 

Sorry Sherri about your dad!!!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Will cover you and your family in prayers Sherry

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Sherry you and your family are in my prayers, sorry for the prognoses.  May the Lords healing and loving arms surround your dad during this time.

It's amazing how many BFF's we acquire along this road trip.  MO, BS, and the numerous new sisters we have.

• Sherryc

mjbmiller-that is so true about all the BFF's we have here.  I don't know what I would do without all you sista's

• marlegal

Glad someone started talking about going to odd pages - I thought that was just me too!!  And I start reading ... not looking at the date of course ... and read two or three posts before I realize it's old!

Cancerversary - the date I remember most is the dx date and early on it seemed that's what others told me they used, so that stuck.  What I celebrate is the fact that it's been another year since that ugly day and use the comparison of how wonderful each new year is compared to that one. Works for me!!

Sherry, that sucks about Dad...let's hope they can treat him and keep him free from pain.

MJB, the BFF's is soooo true.  I've met many of my chat/board friends IRL (in real life) and some are truly genuine friends of mine now.  Not sure if you saw my post a couple weeks ago - I drove a few hours to Baltimore to meet up with a woman I had met in chat 5 yrs ago but never in person and we spent the better part of 3 days together!!!  Our disease may have brought us together, but our other life similarities made us friends.  BC was just the introduction :)

• marlegal

Just left and came back to see what page it's been bring me to - page 12!  The funny thing is, Barbe, Faith and Mum are all posting on that page, so that's why it didn't seem odd to me at first!!!  And there's a post from me in 2009 - honestly, I didn't think I found this thread that early!  The time it do fly :)

• 3daywalker
    3daywalker Member Posts: 15

Oh gee are we really middle aged? Ugh! I thought the DX at 43 was young but in the past year I have heard of so many 20's and 30's being DX. That is scarey! But hey Hot Flash Buddies, here we are! Surviving and thriving!

• elimar

Welcome, 3daywalker, to the group that is just a little older than young. 

Also, before I forget (and before midnight)...Happy B-Day to jo1956.  I made you a cruise ship cake in the virtual kitchen today...Enjoy!

• Sandeeonherown

Elimar- jo is going to love that!!!! She is going to have a lot of pages to catch up with once she gets off the ship!!!

Was interviewing someone today who said something like "now that I'm old' blah blah....I hav emet her a few times before and I said "how old are you?" she replied "48"...so I responded with "Well, I am 49 and I am not old so not sure how you can be".....WHY WHY WHY do people in their 40's do the "I'm old" bit???? Ok..this year with BC and a heart attack I have felt older for the first time in my life..but I still do not feel 'old' ....sounds like things are over for goodness sake! What is up with that...these are healthy women who say these things....drives me nuts! (ok...I should probably go to the bonfire and toss them under the bus or into the fire right?)