Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

gonna go see if I can find a good pic(ha,ha,ha) of myself & post one. don't be scared now, I know they keep the mice away but WTH. Later

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Paula66, so sorry that the Taxol is causing some pain.  Tough it out as best you can and remind yourself that it should reverse once you are done with chemo.  Hang in there!

p.s.  "Chemo brain" is another story... right, leisaparis?

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Dawney...those darn gowns have no pockets..unless you get to wear a housecoat too? If they do, I am sitting in the left pocket patting your hand throughout tomorrow....

check out Ingrid Michaelson "Keep Breathing" on youtube....the message is a good one and he song is lovely.

• elimar

Last year, one huge black crow lived in my neighborhood, but he/she found a mate and this year there are two.  Besides the usual "caw-caw," there is something that sounds like "oh-wow!"  They won't shut up either and are outside my window right now.

So that is what the new picture at the top is about, just so ya know.

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136

Thanks for being with me ladies !

Barbe - you made me laugh out loud - yes, please avert your eyes at that moment!  lol

• leisaparis

gotta new pic up. How do you like it. Does it look like me? Actually this is my friendly squirrel. He just hangs out in our tree. He waited there until I could go get my camera and take several pics of him. I have one where he's got both legs slung over the limb, just hangin out.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Thanks Elimar.  I tell myself that everyday.  This is just a temp thing and I only have 3 more treatments left.  By summer it'll be gone. 

Dawney good luck tomorrow!

• leisaparis

well ladies I leave in the morning, will be back on Sunday so will check in then. i know how this thread takes off so it may take me a day or 2 to catch up.

• chelemybelle
    chelemybelle Member Posts: 19

Thanks mjb, Jo and Sherry.  Your a great dancer Jo.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

YEah Carol- so glad you are through with the BMX and no nodes involved- that is huge.

Dawney- we will be praying for you

Jo- I have  abunch of us that are sneaking on the ship with you

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Annette - I have an empty suitcase ready for everyone to jump imto.  It has wheels so I can get it on the ship.   I won't chek it through so you gals won't get hurt.  hehehe

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Praying for you today, Dawney.

• jo1955

Dawney -  Will be thinking about you today.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

How exciting for Dawney!! I hope she is pleased....!!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

{{{DAWNEY}}}

Jo, Have a BLAST!!

• barbe1958
    Jo? Are you leaving NOW???? Surprised
  • jo1955

Barbe - We are leaving Friday afternoon and heading to Galveston.  Our ship sails on Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm.  I will be on here till tomorrow night then off until after Easter Sunday.

• barbe1958

If I don't get a chance, I want you to know that I pray you have a hearty holiday!!! Embrace the time off together and breathe in the fresh ocean air.....sigh. Have a blast!

• amm42
    amm42 Member Posts: 3

Hi all-

I am new to the site.  Scheduled for a mx with immediate reconstruction on April 28.  Already had a lumpectomy (and a lumpectomy take 2) without clear margins.  PS told me my best option was a tram flap because I have "round" breasts that are DD.  He told me (and my surgeon agreed) that no other reconstruction would work as well.  Reading through the site today, I keep seeing a DEIP option that no one even discussed with me.  I am at Brigham and Women's in Boston (associated with Dana Farber, who I am told is the leaders in BC).  My PS (luck of the draw?) is the guy who just did the first full face transplant so I can't imagine he isn't capable or aware of this procedure.  Any suggestions, thoughts?  Thanks!

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Hi Amm, I do not have any experience ith Diep but if you search on that term, there are threads dealing with it. You can reach out to the members there and even send a private message to get more info. To do that, click on the member name then on the right side, you will see 'send member a private message'.

Welcome but sorry you are here!

• elimar
    Welcome, Amm42!   Yes, look for a thread that is specific for DEIP, and check out the ones for TRAM too.  You will get some great first hand information from women who have had them.
  • jo1955

Hi Amm - I can't help you with DIEP but this is a great bunch of ladies that can help and like BarbaraA said, there are also other threads loadin with information. 

Welcome to the Middies - sorry you have to be here with us. 

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

Amm- I can't help you but your description of your bust sounds like mine..I have had a lumpectomy ( and hoping #1 stays #1)...but you never know. Keep us posted and sound slike you are in excellent hands!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Welcome Amm..sorry you had to join us but glad you found us----I have to say your team and hospital are top notch...which is a good thing:)

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Welcome Amm.  This is a great group of gals that ya found.  Im sorry you had to find them this way.  You will be glad ya did.  If they can help ya they will.  They are also good for a laugh when ya need it.  Take care.

• amm42
    amm42 Member Posts: 3

Thank you all.  It has helped today!  Some days are good and then there are days like today :)

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

That is funny.  I was diagnosed on Feb 25 and am told I have to have a mastectomy.  Lumpectomy is not an option because the tumor is on more than one breast quadrant.  I met with the plastic surgeon, and she said because I will have to have radiation after surgery, the only option for me is DEIP.  She said that only my own tissue would be able to go thru radiation.  I guess if I didn't have immediate reconstruction I could get implants if I waited until after radiation.  She didn't mention anything about a tram flap.  So I don't know what that is.  It's so scarey, I just feel like I am putting myself in their hands and taking their advice and have no idea what is going on.  I do feel like I'm in good hands, but still.  So glad I found this place.  It has helped immensely.

• jo1955

Welcome Kay - This is a great place to be for support and good information. Sorry you have to be here with us.  This is a great place to hang out.  I can't help you with your situation but I know someone else wiill chime in.

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hi Kay.. if you have any questions about the DIEP you can pm I had that done in July..

amm42 i sent you a pm

Hi jo!!!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

kay... a tram flap is when they take muscle and tissue from your stomach and move it up the diep flap only takes tissue, fat and the blodd vessels there is usually no muscle involvment