Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Hi Middies -  I'M BACK!  Had a wonderful time.  OMG!  You ladies have been busy while I was gone - I am 4 pages behind.  Don't know if I can catch up.  Not going to work tomorrow so I can do laundry, pay bills and buy food.  I will try to go back and do some reading, if there is no time, I am sorry and will try to follow as you post.

Hope everyone is doing well - sending hugs and prayers for those that need it.  

Will post some pictures in the next couple of days - the camera is still packed.  Too tired to do much more tonight.  Wanted to check in and let everyone know I am back from my much needed cruise. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I think I posted this last Easter, can't remember, so will probably post it again next year too.

• jo1955

Eli - That is way too funny!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Hello Kay we haven't met either, I like in Delaware County also, in folcroft 10 minutes from Marlegal!!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Okay Blondie...you and me and Kay have to meet, that's ridiculous!

Eli. I used to have that as my screen saver - it cracked me up all year long!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jo your back we all missed you.  Hope everyone has had a wonderful Easter!

• jo1955

Sherry - Feels great to be back.  Sure missed everyone.

Did some catching up on reading.  Glad to hear your mammo was clear.  I know you will make the right decision on the MX.  You still have some time to weigh all the pros and cons and if need be get a second opinion.

• JoanDavies
    JoanDavies Member Posts: 80

My BF and I went paintballing with a group of co-workers. We had a blast. Got a nice purple bruise on my backside just above my butt by some little effer that flanked us on the field and got us when we weren't looking. Still have my TEs in (exchange is this Wednesday!), so I was super protective of dinging the ladies (how on earth would I have explained that to the PS?!). If you're looking for something different to do, and you don't mind getting dirty and sweaty, it's a real adrenaline rush. Next up... ATVs!

• Sherryc

Thanks Jo, I was glad it was clear, when I went to see my Gyno for my annual visit this week had a long talk with her about the MX and she thinks I need to do it as well.  If fact without me asking her what she would do she just came out and said if she were in my shoes she would do a double MX. She feels my breast are way to dense for a mammo to really read it properly and she thinks having to have MRI's and mammo's alternating every 6 months is not a very good quality of life.  She said you will spend all your time worrying and that is not a very good way to live.  She has been my Dr. for quite a few years and knows me pretty well.

Glad you had a good time on your cruise.

• jo1955

Sherry - Sounds like good advice from your Gyno.  It would not be a good quality of like to have to constantly worry about screenings every 6 months.  Who wants to go through that?  You have been through so much already - you don't need a lifetime of stress nor do you deserve it.  At least you will have some time to fully recover from rads before moving to the next step.

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045

Just wanted to stop in and wish every one a Happy Easter!  Hope your day was great!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Hi Blondie.  I'm in Delaware County too, Media now.  I grew up in Briarcliffe.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Welcome back Jo. And welcome newbies! This is a fine group of folks!

And scanxiety commences. One year mammo @10 AM tomorrow. Frown

• jo1955

BarabaraA - Good luck on the mammo.  Crossing fingers for B9 results.  Let us know the results. 

• elimar
    Good Luck, BarbA.  Do you get your results same day, or do you have to wait for the results?
  • barbaraa

Yes, thankfully, she takes the film to the radiologist and she comes in and hugs me (I hope that is what she will do this time).

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

JO - welcome back!! I LOVE your "quality of like" comment! hehehehehehhehe

• Sherryc

Barbara  good luck and hopeing for B9 results.  It is good that they tell you right then.  Mine did too and I was so glad I did not have to wait and worry.

• jo1955

barbe - So glad to be back.  Sure missed you.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

good luck Barbara, hoping for B9 results. Hope everyone had a happy Easter.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Yes Good luck on your mammo Barbara - It will be B9 results :)

And ladies - I am off to surgery in a couple of hours to clean up the margins...I hate when I get an afternoon surgery - no eating and drinking while I'm awake... I am never thirsty until I can't have any more drink LOL.  Have a great evening all! Hope everyone had a great Easter too!!

• Sherryc

GmaFoley good luck with your surgery, will pray for clean margins.

• elimar
    GmaFoley, hope they get out every last bit of it this time!
  • barbaraa

Good luck on your surgery GMAFoley!!

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope I don't have a heart attack between now and 10AM. Visualize a calm, pretty garden with a pool of water and a little fountain. Ahhhhh.

• jo1955

Good luck on your surgery GMAFoley - hope they get it all this time.

Barbara - Crossing fingers for B9 results. You are going to do just fine.   

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Sherry - praying for your dad, my dad had a followup with his MO on thursday and everything looks good this time, had to have platlets since they are still low.  He has another followup this week, once a week for a while until they think he is in remission.  Your GYN has good advice, I made the decision on my own when my BS told me what would have to be done on the none tumor side.  She couldn't tell me what to do, but when I made the decision to do BMX she was releiaved.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

Good luck on your surgery!!!

• jo1955

Got the camera unpacked.  Have posted this on a few more threads so if you are seeing again - sorry.

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

BarbaraA- good luck tomorrow...a number of glas in these threads have have their one year's and done fabulously....breathing with you. I get hugs from my GP every visit too....it helps...

Sherry- glad you trust your doc's opinion..that is soooo important

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781

GMA- good luck tomorrow....more breathing for you too.We are inyour pockets