Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Huskerkkc
    Huskerkkc Member Posts: 471

coffee beans

• PSU222
    PSU222 Member Posts: 43

reese**   Have you ever visited Lancaster County and drove thru Amish country?  It is a short trip from Philly and on the way to Gettysburg.  The farms and fields are beautiful and  tons of cute little shops and restaurants.   

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Reesie,  Do you ever listen to Michael Smirkonish?  He is always raving about tubing down the Delaware.  Haven't tried it myself.  He also talked about a zoo in Norristown, although on a nice day I don't think you can beat the Philly zoo.  If you like historical sites, Valley Forge is a nice day. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Oh, how about a trip down to Baltimore Harbour.  Haven't been there for a couple of years, but really enjoyed it. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Oh, I changed my mind, it does look like blueberries, 3jays!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Reesie, kay1963 stole my idea - I was recently in Baltimore at Inner Harbor - for $10 you can ride hte water taxi all day - get on, get off at lots of stops with walking tours - or just food and drink spots - all day long. We stayed at hotel right on harbor through Priceline for less than $100 a night and it's a 4-star hotel ... actually got for $96 for TWO nights and it was awesome. happy to talk to you privately about it if you're interested. if going to jersey southern shore, right off the parkway at milemarker 10, cape may courthouse, is the cape may county zoo - free (donations only) and so well kept up it's amazing. can easily do the whole thing in a day unlike expensive philly zoo. have fun!!

• marlegal

reesie, have you done new hope? there's a reason it gets all the hype, it's a really cool place to go and just wander around for an entire day .. happy to give more info and best directions if you're interested

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

I was gonna say coffe beans but someone else beat me to it so I'm gonna go with COCOA BEANS.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,898

I think it's blueberries, too.  Or maybe cranberries, but they don't look just right for cranberries. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Crap, I was going to stick with cocoa beans like my last guess, but 'someone' beat me to it!! So I'll go with pistashio nuts!!

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

I think coffee beans so I am going with Husker! 

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

I am heading out to the funeral of a young friend who lost her battle this week.  I know I don't keep active all the time but I do lurk and all of you bring me great strength as we all live with the side affects both physical and mental of this cruel disease.

I hope everyone has a great weekend this wonderful spring as we remember life is all around us. 

I did REALLY enjoy sharing a nice bag of jalaeno cheetos last night with my DH, oh yea we had an ice cream cone too, what wonderful guilty pleasures!!!!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

I think coffee beans as well.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

pistachios

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

I tried enlarging the pictures, getting reading glasses over regular glasses and have not idea what the picture is.........first guess was some kind of nut or berry from a tree.  Then I thought it could be coffee beans like suggested, but then decided I really have no idea.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I know it has already been guesed but I think blueberry's

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

You gals are good guessers.  Should I tell now or let you all still wonder for awhile?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Paula, wait til Sunday to SPILL THE BEANS on your pic.
  • Paula

My guess is birdseed

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

I'm back with coffee beans....

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

reesie, well I personally think the zoo in DC is better, the Panda's are there and the zoo is free you just pay for parking...Lancaster County is a great idea, of course the jersey shore in wildwood is free, there is a zoo in Cape May ( don't know if they charge but people rave about it have never been there) ..

• marlegal

blondie, if you're in the shore area you should check out the Cape May County Zoo (I wrote about that a page or so back!)  Off the parkway you'd take the CapeMayCourthouse exit, then turn right on Route 9 and it's just about a mile down on the left side. It's free (but they "request" a donation of any amount) and it's so well kept it's amazing. We went last year on a gorgeous day like today and had a great time. Our "kids" - 33 and 32 - were down the shore with us for my birthday and they were so happy when I said that's what I wanted to do that day! It's only about 15 minutes from our campground so we went a lot when they were younger. Plenty of free parking too.

Paula, I can't wait to hear whose guesses were right!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks for the ideas guys. Spent the day at the wxtu anniversary show today with my DH and twins ( oldest had to work). It was a georgious day and we had awesome seats for the headliners. I'm not the country fan in my family but I enjoy all types of music and the concert was great. I'm sure my body will protest all of today's walking tomorrow but it was worth it.

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189

Hmmm....It looks like my front yard with the little acorns from the live oak tree, but the leaves are wrong fot that.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hi glas.. just buzzzzin by to say hello. my socializing for the day................3jays

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

Checking in to see if the picture was revealed or figured out.  I just can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy - or maybe I am already there.

• Paula66

OK i cant stand this any longer.  I even know what the picture is.  Im just excited that I was able to make the picture happen.  Drum roll please,  its coffee beans!  You all are good guesser.  There are several of you gals who guessed right so whoever wants to post next weeks mystery picture, post away.

• Paula66
    OK i cant stand this any longer.  I even know what the picture is.  Im just excited that I was able to make the picture happen.  Drum roll please,  its coffee beans!  You all are good guesser. Huskerkkc you guessed right and were the first to post, congrats!  There are several of you gals who guessed right so whoever wants to post next weeks mystery picture, post away.
  • elimar
    Yes, Huskerkkc gets the "honor" of posting next weekend's mystery pic.  And the first runner-up was leisaparis, if Huskerkkc doesn't show up to post and acknowledge her big win.  (Those bean looked SO purple, how did all the coffee guessers know???)
  • elimar

marlegal, would love to have a weekend getaway trailer at the shore.  I'm too spoiled to have much to do with the man-made CCC lakes around here.  Don't like those piled up, rocky shorlines.