Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Reesie I'm glad your here with us.

Blondie so sorry it was not better news.  ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and I will be praying for you

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

Yes, there is no rule that we can only belong in one group. 

I like when we get a good discussion going here, but it is way more off-hand than a thread that asks a single pointed question.  Way more casual. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

So gals, I got a Groupon for a dinner cruise on a paddle wheel boat and DH and I are going tonight. Can't wait! I love boating and I love eating. Perfect.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

((blondie)) - so sorry about the progression. Hopefully, the xeloda will knock that pesky bastard right out!

Elimar, I was just picturing the crapshoot - ha, ha. Cheerio, pip-pip and all that rot! Those hunters don't strike me as being up to the job!

I can't help but picturing fighting cancer as a boxing match and the drugs we use as Rocky. Plus, I get the Rocky theme music! You can't beat that!

And whenever it gets me down, that rap song comes to my mind - "You Can't Touch This". 

• heartnsoul76
    Options

Barbara - I am Living Social/Groupon's favorite kind of customer. I always forget about my coupon until it's too late to squeeze something in. Although I do have a few waiting for me right now - a facial and an oil change. Better put it on my calendar! My son and his girlfriend used one and got a good deal to play paintball. I'm sure I wouldn't forget a cruise and dinner one!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

(((BLONDIE))) - Sorry to hear the news and hope the Xeloda works.

I am heading off to surgery at 7:30 in the morning - yes, on Saturday.  My gyn is going to do a hysteroscopy D&C.  He feels this would be much better than doing a hysterectomy.  He said he can do what needs to be done and the recovery time is 1 to 2 days then back to normal activities.  We had a good discussion and I am comforatable with what we are doing. I am praying for B9 results.  I may be MIA tomorrow so don't worry if you don't hear from me until Sunday. 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

((((Blondie)))))

((((Jo)))))

• elimar
    Options
    jo, not the fun-est way to spend a weekend, but good riddance to bad fibroids!  Give us a holler when you feel up to it.
  • barbaraa
    Options

(((JO))) Prayers and gentle hugs, pal.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Surprisingly I am pretty calm about this whole thing - getting ready to go out to dinner with DH and friends - going to Chili's. 

• Sherryc
    Options

JO will be thinking of you tomorrow

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331
    Options

Jo hope all goes well, shitty way to spend a weeknd so you you deserve good results!!

Blondie, so sorry to hear, i hope you get some relief with the new meds.

BarbaraA have a great dinner cruise, sounds aweome!!  I am  in my comfy's, brats, mac salad and homemade wine for supper, popcorn for dessert,  visiting withwonderful friends. priceless!!!

E my home made wine is a cross between Maddog 20/20 and TJSwan TJ sweetness 20/20 kick!!!

• elimar
    Options

BarbA, did your camera phone happen to snap a few pics of the paddle wheel boat?

Middies, carollynn79 is normally a humble vintner...it is so not like her to brag about her wine that way.  Girl, please tell me you have that bottle in a paper bag with no intention of removing it!  When you get your next batch to come out a cross between Boone's Farm and Annie Green Springs, I swear I'll have to come up there.

• carollynn79
    Options

E, you will get a kick out of this, the owners of the manufacturing company I manage were to the facility today, I gave them each a bottle of my special brew, approriatly wrapped in a brown bag, with home made labels, they  just roared, have to find your fun.  I told them it was countryfied!!!

• carollynn79
    Options

Just so all of you know, I do love making fruit wines from a variety of fruits I grow and forage, but I have the last few years, (wonder why)  been making fruit juices and low sugar jellies.  Gooseberry, blackberry, blackraspberry and jostaberry jam and juice is very good.  If you find yourself with extra fruit this summer try them, you can also make ice cubes with fruits and juices to add to teas, lemonades, summer drinks.  Hope everyone has a good weekend. 

• elimar
    Options

carollynn, what is that in your new avatar???  Seals?  Otters?  Muskrats? 

That reminds me, I hope Huskerkkc stops by tomorrow with our latest installment of Weekend Mystery Pic.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Heck we can make a mystery pic outa carollynns avatar, lol.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

noooooo, the avatars are too small to discern much more than pink stuffed animals!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    Options

I went out tonight to the outside restaurant I work at and had dinner saw my friends and co worker's.  I had fish and chips loved it.  We went to old navy at the mall I was a little tired you don't realize how tired you get I used to walk that mall a lot went to one store and was pooped out.  Had a good time anyway.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    Options

Thanks guys for all you kind thoughts, who knows what will happen, he will start me on it this wednesday and wait another 3 months to see if it works, hopefully not that many side effects, that is always the issue with me, now...don't mind at all

mind if I ask about your B/C background. I see you recurred 13 years out. IT WAS ACTUALLY 14 YEARS I am going to guess your first tumor was ER+/PR+, as they are slow and sneaky. NOPE THE SAME AS NOW, ESTROGEN DRIVEN....Can I inquire what grade your B/C was back then? DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GRADES IN 1996 SO NEVER ASKED.. Also, did you take Tamox.?NOPE ASK ONC. OF I WOULD GAIN WEIGHT AND HE SAID NO, I SAID LIAR AND NEVER WENT ON IT.  I am adopted and my bio mother died of a recurrence of BC after 15 years and she died within 3 months, in 1995.....

• elimar
    Options

Eph, and that would be a problem because.....???  Wink

lynniea, Sometimes a nice visit with friends can be as invigorating as a two hour nap, and sometimes it can wear you out (but still in a good way.)

• Sherryc
    Options

lynniea so glad you got out and enjoyed yourself

• elimar
    Options
    Thanks for the additional info. blondiex46.  Duh!  Of course a recurrence should be the same pathology wise.  Well, considering the time frame of your mom getting the recurrence and passing so quickly, you must have been pretty freaked out to get a Dx the next year.  Was her getting B/C a factor in you getting checked out?  Weren't you just a little over 40 the first time around?  You didn't get your Dx on your very first mammo, did you?
  • heartnsoul76
    Options

blondie - I'm so sorry to hear about your biological mom. Thankfully, we have a much bigger chemo arsenal now. Praying for the best results for you!

• heartnsoul76
    Options

Paula, you've got a good idea! I say carollynn's avatar is a picture of a bird!

lynniea - glad you had a nice time tonight! 

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

(((jo & blondie)))

In case huskerkkc doesn't show up tomorrow, I have a pic ready.

looks like seals in carollynns avatar to me

hope everyone has a great weekend

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Hey, carollynn, the next time we have a MI meet-up, you'll have to bring some of your homemade wine for us to sample! Good idea?? You betcha! We are way overdue for a meet-up, by the way.

blondie ~ Hoping for minimal or no SE's for you on the new med. Hugs.

lynniea ~ Sounds like you had a nice Mall trip even tho it was a bit tiring. I was in my Old Navy around Easter & I bought a new summer tote bag. Big & summery looking.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Eli, I'm S-IV but I lurk here rather than post........but I do pop in on occassion......like now...lol...just to let you know that I'm around.

Blondie good luck with the change of meds and hope that it kicks some cancer butt real good!

Jo good luck getting ris of the pesky fibroid!  I got rid of mine a few months ago and it's really good knowing that it's gone.  Hoping the same for you.

Love n hugs all.  Chrissy

• carollynn79
    Options

Valjean, you bet!!!

I will wait until tomorrow to reveal my new avatar!!! 

• barbaraa
    Options

Eli, the boat is here: http://www.starlitediningcruises.com/St_Petersburg/index.htm

Here are some pix. The crusie was great but the food wasn't. Oh well, we had fun.