Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Barbe - Yes, this was much easier than a hysterectomy and it basically did the same thing.

Up early today and feeling great.  Slept good last night and now ready to face a new day.  Not going to think about the results as I have too many other apps STILL this month and just want to get through them.  Looking forward from here on out - and going to make some short term plans. Had enough of this BC crap.

Hope everyone is having a Great Sunday. 

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

Since Butterfly wing has been take, I will say either a moth wing OR the feathers on a hummingbird's chest.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

BernieEllen, welcome!  How's everything going for you?  Are you in the middle of chemo now?  Sorry about your husband losing his job...hopefully something suitablle will come along soon.  Over here, some areas of the country are worse than others for employment.  It becomes a struggle because of our private insurance.  I think you, at least, don't have to add that worry to the list.

Anyway, the Mystery Pic was posted on the previous page.  If you don't see it, I am not sure why.  The previous page also has some more pics that BabrA posted...can you see those?  I will send you a PM with BC.org's instructions on how to insert a pic into your post.

• Unknown
    Options

My mystery pic guess....Beaded fringe?

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    Options

got the BRCA test and negative for both 1 and 2 will tell you that I contacted my bio sister (mother had 2 kids after me) and told her to get a mammo, apologized for the legacy that mother gave me, talked to her for an hour, she was very nice and polite (about 2 months ago) am gratfeul!!

there is progression in both lungs new nodules and the lumph nodes have gotten bigger, the liver and the mass on my chest wall is the same....am going to google it... it says

bilateral pulmonary nodules are detailed in the report, pleuran mets with interval progression when compared to prior study, relatively stable right retropectoral enhancing mass, interval prgression of mediastinal and hilar adelnopathy, which is what I think I wrote above, lol

• elimar
    Options
    blondiex46, the next time someone asks about your cancer background like I did...just tell them to read your profile!  (I don't always think to check those.)  You have a whole history nicely laid out in a chronoligical fashion.  Hope you get to write the next update as, "Xeloda working great."
  • lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336
    Options

Hope you are feeling better today

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145
    Options

well, I'm back from the woods, and as I suspected this thread was very active.  hugs, prayers and B10's to all that have had indured a procedure, test or pending results...(can someone add B10 to the abbreviations thread?)

after sitting in the bug infested woods I come back to read Eli's questions about infections...hmm, i guess it was better to read that after the fact.  i guess the mosquitoes might be more of a threat than the juvenile bear running through my camp site on thursday night.  he was rather pissed at me when i started screaming and clapping my hands at him as he attempted to ransack my garbage.

mystery picture guess: peacock feathers??

glad to be back...

• jo1955
    Options

Kim - Welcome back and glad the camping trip was fun.  It sucks that we now have to be even more aware of infections and the like but you know life goes on and we can't stop doing those things that make us happy - maybe have to be a little more aware of some things but life does go on.

• kal_1865
    Options

thanks Jo I really enjoy the woods.  we have a 30' travel trailer that we purchased used and had delivered to a seasonal wooded site in north west new jersey.  every weekend, from mid april to mid october, i head to the woods with DH.  I'm hoping to head back to work tomorrow so i went on my vacation this week.

I have a question for the group, what day is considered your cancerversary; the day of diagnosis or the day you are declared "free"?

• elimar
    Options

kal, that is a recurring question around here, and it is open to interpretation so: YOUR CHOICE!  Some like the Dx day...the day they first entered "survivor mode" and began their B/C battle.  Some like the surgery day, with the thinking that the cancer was removed so "cancer-free" begins then and there.  Some choose the end of rads or chemo, when the gauntlet of active treatment has ended.  A few might even observe it after their five years of hormonals is over (but usually that is just a big party day when it finally comes)

My surgery was 7/9, and that's what I picked to observe (so hold off on my gifts til next month everyone!)

• jo1955
    Options
    Kal - Eli is right.  Some use different events in their journey to mark their cancerversay.  For me it is Aug 30 - surgey day and the day the cancer was taken out. So I have about 2 1/2 months until I reach my 1st cancerversay.
  • Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

i am using the day I had my first mammogram last year....17th..so this coming Friday!....it was when my brain went 'uhoh!' so....might as well celebrate the path from the earliest date....means I get to celebrate earlier!...

• kal_1865
    Options

thanks ladies...this becomes a no-brainer for me now.  August 1st is then my cancerversary.  I'm not sure for how many months I felt that f'ing lump while in the shower but I finally talked about it to my DF at the camper on the 1st and started the healing.

Wow, there are a lot of concerversaries coming up, of course we will have to celebrate each and every one of them!!

• Sandeeonherown
    Sandeeonherown Member Posts: 1,781
    Options

Kim- good for you!!!! Talking about it....tha is crucial to celebrating, hmm? and to healing. BRAVo!!!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Wow, you women amaze me. I thought for sure I'd have to post this pic.

File:Papilio blumei.jpg

So, I believe the first one to get it right was Chrissyb, and Barbe is the 2nd runner up. So, glad to see you all are so smart. Chemo brain doesn't always get us all. Okay Chrissy it's up to you next week end. Congratulations.

• elimar
    Options

Kudos to chrissyb and her keen powers of observation.

The Middlies are always ready to celebrate a Cancerversary, but we usually need the prodding of someone actually reminding us, as in "Hey!  Today is my cancerversary!"  Especially when it is not the Dx day that is used in your tagline.  

• kal_1865
    Options

elimar, I have no qualms about letting you know when I need to celebrate (however, I may lie about a date for a party but that's another issue...), I'm more than willing to remind everyone about August 1st. by the way isn't someone ready to party about something?

• kal_1865
    Options

here is a party...unfortunately, I don't think my butt EVER looked like one of these but what I can always dream....

Go to fullsize image

• jo1955
    Options

Let's just party for the heck of it.  Who needs a reason.  I will get this party started.

Probably need some snacks too.                                                                                                                                  

• kal_1865
    Options

PERFECT jo, drinks and food, can't get much bettaer than that, we have a party!!!

• jo1955
    Options

These guys volunteered to serve the food and drinks.  Enjoy ladies!!!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    Options
    my party would be everyday if those guys would help out!!!!  Wink
  • chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Thanks guys!  I shall prepare the secret photo for next weekend!!!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

I celebrate everyday now - so we can have a party at anytime!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    Options

I celebrate the day I found the cancer.

Please don't party too hard while i am at work.  I don't want to miss out.

• suzanneinphoenix
    suzanneinphoenix Member Posts: 34
    Options

I want those guys at my next party!!!!!  Not sure when that will be.........????? Happy Monday!

• elimar
    Options

Welcome suzanneinphoenix!   It looks like you will be coming up to your Cancerversary soon,  if you use your Dx date or the surgery shortly after. 

I spotted suzanne on another thread and had to invite her over.  Don't know if anyone else will notice that she is my "Dx Twin," one year later.  I have found several, but she might be the closest since our tumors were only 1mm difference in size.   There the similarity ends...we were not treatment twins.

A question suzanne...righty or lefty?  Mine was right, 6:00 position.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

Trying to find a new home after my TX. All my previous threads were treatment threads that have dwindled as time has past, You ladies like a kind supportive and fun group---may I join in?  This past weekend was the anniversary of my BC DX, 6-8 cm ILC,  11 weekly Taxols, 4X AC ending in Dec 2010 with total response to the chemo. BM on Jan 19, rads started in March and Tamox in April. 

Btw, if there is a party--I am there--I used to be a bartender in another lifetime!!! Shots on the house!1 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

I'll party with those guys only on days that end with a "Y". Give them to me. NOW!!!