Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Ooops meant to say welcome Claire, we talk about anything. And I mean anything!! How are your bowels moving lately????

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Welcome Claire.  LOL Barbe :)

Party at Claire's today since we missed this weekend!

• reesie
    Options

Oops, welcome Suzanne too!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

cmblastic, welcome and congrats on the one-year cancerversary!  You must have just finished your rads not too very long ago?  Did that go well for you? 

This thread started out (and remains!) a place of info., support, occasional rants, and Cheetos consumption.  I'll set out a bag right now, but I can't stick around...I have a whole morning of dental torture lined up.  Save me a few crumbs, will you?

• reesie
    Options

Elimar, you can have my share when you get back - UGH I hate Cheetos (hope I don't get kicked out for that lol). 

Hope your dental experience isn't too tortuous.

• suzanneinphoenix
    suzanneinphoenix Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi, Eli........ right breast, upper outer quadrant. 2 cm from deep margin and 4 cm from the superficial margin.  Had to look this up.....I can't remember all the statsTongue out.  Off to the dermatologist this morning, then on to work......Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,850
    Options

reesie--we can forgive your hating Cheetos as long as you are a drinker, partier, and willing to talk about anything here! 

• reesie
    Options

Well I drink a lot - just not alcoholic beverages (chemo) and I'm always willing to party (if I haven't fallen asleep yet, but then again I do wake up again in the middle of the night so I can party then).

But talking about anything - definitely good on that one Wink

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,850
    Options

Then you will fit in just fine!  All the drinking here is virtual, so it's save with EVERYTHING!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Welcome Claire  and congrats on your one year cancerversary.  This is a wild and crazy bunch of gals that are really caring and supportive.  You will fit in just fine.

Everything here is virtual - drinks, food.  So don't feel bad out the calories you can consume.

How about a mid morning breakfast?

• barbe1958
    Options

elimar, I'm going to try to trick this thread. I'm going to drop it as a 'favorrite' and then find it again and add it to favourites. Maybe that will job the stupid page 42 opening from happening. Wish me luck!!! If y'all don't hear from me for a while, I'm somewhere in cyber space looking for you!

• barbe1958
    Options

Nope!! Still brought me back to page 42!! What the heck????

• jo1955
    Options

Barbe - Try sending a message to the moderators and see if they can fix the problem.  Mine works just fine.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Reessi I'll take your cheetos I love them.

claire welcome and happy cancervesary.  This is a fun group.

• elimar
    Options

Native,  As always, you had my back for the reply to reesie.

reesie,  I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking.  I'm something of a tea-totaller (if that how to spell it) and if you see a post from me in the mornings, there is a very good chance there is a cup of tea right beside me.  For the virtual drinking?  I dunno...obviously, the Long Island ice tea is a favorite, but I like the cute looking fruity drinks, the kind with umbrellas and weird swizzle sticks (old school) sticking out of them!  Now do me a favor and ZIP IT about the Cheetos-hating.  No, you don't have to like them, but could you maybe use them as an art medium or could you maybe adore cartoon Cheetahs or something on that order?  See, we are flexible.

Barbe, thanks for undertaking the experiment.  Poor us, we still have that weird thread glitch happening to us, but I think most of the others are jumping to the most recent page properly.  There was one other thread that I was on, that was advancing me normally to the most recent page, then when it got to page 12, I could not open on the right page, it always went to 12.  If we ever get normal function restored, I will take down that phrase up at the top.

• reesie
    Options

Elimar,

I have decided that, thanks to NM and Jo reminding me this is all virtual consumption, I will virtually like Cheetos and enjoy them with my Sloe Screw (okay, of course I mean Sloe Gin and Orange Juice, no innuendos intended here - except these days thanks to chemopause that could be considered virtual too).

And no orange fingers in the Virtual world - a distinct advantage!

• elimar
    Options

You make a wise choice, reesie!

• jo1955
    Options

Elimar - Is this what you are talking about with the fruity drinks?

• elimar
    Options

Aaaaah.  I am virtually enjoying that.  Big time. 

Might be ready to indulge in a well-deserved happy hour today IRL.  It was dentist all morning and now going to drop off car for as yet undiagnosed brake work.  Even as I write that, it reminds me of the usual aggravating activities in my pre-B/C life.  Maybe I AM getting back to normal. 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Eli hate dentists, necessary evil though they are. Having a Dewars and water. Aaaahhhh.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome!! I'll toast you with my mimosa this morning with my  breakfast Cheetos!!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    Options

Oh and BTW don't get me started on my bowels. . . .

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

cm LMAO!!

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145
    Options

suzanneinphoenix & cmblastic: welcome!

Sorry everyone, I started the party Sunday night, then I went off to my first day of work since my surgery last September, and was too tired last night to continue the party.

We need some fireworks here for cmblastic's 1 year cancerversary!

View Image

• suzanneinphoenix
    suzanneinphoenix Member Posts: 34
    Options

A beautiful tribute to cmblastic's 1 year cancerversary!

• kal_1865
    Options
    I clicked Meese, thanks for the link!  I'm trying to hook it up on my facebook page now too.
  • elimar
    Options

I seriously would have forgotten Flag Day today. All those moved-to-a-Monday holidays have just made my brain lazy.  Remember when we had to know TWO President's birthdays, plus Columbus'?  Has YOUR birthday moved to a Monday yet?  It will in due time.  I like the way Easter keeps us on our toes by moving around.  Bet they'd like to move that to a Monday too.  How 'bout Thanksgiving Monday?  It could happen.

Meece,  I might not make the flag cake, but I do have strawberries, blueberries and some vanilla yogurt in the house, so I could whip up a Patriotic Parfait.

• reesie
    Options

I never forget Flag Day - it's my baby brother's birthday Smile 

And I like Thanksgiving Thursday - I get two days off work that wayWink

• kal_1865
    Options

elimar, I'm up for your suggestion, maybe we can sponser a congressional bill requesting all holidays move to Monday and make them official so that all offices, banks, post offices, & schools are closed!