Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Barbara sorry the food was noy good but the view looks wonderful and you and DH look very relaxed. Hope you had fun

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Thanks, Liz, it was a lot of fun. They had a duo playing and they took requests. We got to dance (we don't get to normally because DH is in a band and playing).

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options
    I think the avatar is of a seal and a dead jelly fish. That's what I see. Laughing
  • blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    Options

Thanks guys for your thoughts!!!

Was her getting B/C a factor in you getting checked out? NEED TO WRITE A BOOK, LOL FOUND OUT I WAS ADOPTED AT 21 SPOKE TO HER AT 29 SHE WANTED NO RELATIONSHIP WHEN SHE DIED WENT TO FUNERAL AND FOUND OUT WHAT SHE DIED OF, GOT MAMMO, CLEAR A YEAR LATER AT 42 DIAGNOSED IN 1996. You didn't get your Dx on your very first mammo, did you? NOPE!!!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Options

leisaparis, will you wait til noon (your time) to post a Weekend Mystery Pic?  We need to give Huskerkkc a chance if she is able to stop in and do it. 

Huskerkkc, if  you read this after noon (your time) and leisa had put one up already, then post yours also.  We are npot meaning to cut youout and we can have two this week if it works out that way.

BarbA, nice sunset!!!

chrissyb, pop in all you want.

barbe1958,  I have waited nearly two years for the words "dead jelly fish" to finally appear in this thread.  I knew it would have to happen sometime.

blondiex46, Even in a closed adoption situation, I still think it is important for the kids to have some idea of the health histories of their biological parents.  A lot of times it remains another big question mark.  Did you, yourself, get the BRCA done then?

At your birth, your mom decided what would be best for you, and that set up your whole life one way instead of another; but once you were grown it is too bad that she could not allow you some choice in how it would be.  Sorry it went that way.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Barbara how fun. DH and I went with friends to a Mexican Restraunt last night. They had a mariachi band and had people getting up to sing with them. Very lively and fun and the food and margaritis were good too.

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331
    Options

white-purple iris

pink lupine

peach-purple iris

Pictures from the garden.
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

I see a squid splayed sideways, sorta sandy, sadly silenced.

dead jelly fish, dead jelly fish, dead jelly fish (just wanted that thrill to be continued-E) 

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Okay gals, Here's the mystery pic for this weekend. Have fun at it. Tell ya all on Sunday night.

huskerkkc - still feel free to post if you want. I waited till 2:30 my time just to be sure. Hope you're out there some where. Haven't heard from you since last weekend.

• Huskerkkc
    Huskerkkc Member Posts: 471
    Options

I'm here...been running low grade fever and did too much outside this morn. I have a pic but don't have it figured out how to reduce to "guessing" size. I won't have a chance to mess with it any more right now. If I can get it posted yet tonight I will; otherwise will save for another time. Glad you had something to post! 

• leisaparis
    Options

sorry you haven't been feeling well, but glad you're okay. watch out for the sun it can drain you. we worked in the garden last weekend ( hoeing, watering, replanting ) was almost to much. had to go sit in the shade @ every 1/2 hour & cool off. also took a cold towel and kept wiping my face and neck to keep cool. gotta do what we gotta do.

• leisaparis
    Options

Okay gals, gonna go play cards with the girlfriends. Will be back later tonight to see all the guesses.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

a wall of beads 

Carollynn beautiful flowers from your garden

On my way to my neices gratuation party.

• barbaraa
    Options
    Carollyn, lovely. I love iris. They don't grow here. < frown>
  • carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331
    Options

The mystery picture is strings of pearls.

My Avatar is a picture of a Monk Seal peacfully sleeping next to a piece of drift wood (sorry no dead jelly fish).  I found the monk seal sleeping on the beach we were walking on.   It is taken on the island of Kauai, Poipu beach.  

Barbara, glad you like the iris, they are one of my favorites too.

• elimar
    Options

Mystery pic:  Is it a flower garden seen thru' a gauzy black cloth?

c-79, Love irises, their colors and how hardy they are.. Have some by my mailbox that have withstood many a visiting neighborhood dog, if you know what I mean.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

I am home and way too much for this foggy brain to caught up on.

Went to the hospital at 7:00 for 9:00 surgery.  Did not get taken in until 12:45 - home at 4:30.

No pain, no bleeding.  He did do the biopsy and scraped my uterus.  Will see him again week after next for results.  He is out of town next week for family business - I knew that going into this today.  Not even worried about the results - we are dealing with a fibroid for gosh sakes.  

Resting today and should be back to my normal self tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

Mystery picture - fish scales

Love the irises, CL! I regret not digging up my irises when I moved from my last house.

Way to alliterate, Eph!

• elimar
    Options

Wait, I got it.  Is it looking down into a black-bristled paintbrush, with some colorful paint residue still on the tips of the bristles?

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

mystery pic is a close up of a lit up part of a neon sign

• elimar
    Options
    jo, the no pain or bleeding part sounds good...now to rest and let your body get rid of all the anesthesia.  Nice to have taken care of it quickly.
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Options

Eli - Hope this is the last thing I have to deal with for a very long time.  It was not in my plans to have any kind of procedure done this summer.  Oh well!  Just a little bump in the road.  I am past that and tommorrow will be a much better day.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Close up of a beaded purse

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

close up of the scales on a butterfly wing

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Jo, relax the rest of the weekend & I know you'll let us know when you get the good news the week after next.

I arrived home a while ago, enjoyed the trip to TX to 'be' with you during surgery.....ha, ha, ha!

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

Wow Im stumped on the picture.  Bacteria on a toothbrush, hmmmm.  I cant wait for the big reveal.

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    Options

Hi everyone, can't find the mystery pic.  Can someone please tell me how to put my pics up.  Keep trying but can't work it out. DH was laid off from work last week so that's not great.

My thoughts and prayes to you all

Bernie

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Dang it Chrissy, that was my choice!! I kept wondering why no one else saw it as butterfly wings....

Jo, my fibroids were on the outside of my uterus and made it all huge!! Glad you're healing nicely....well done! Much easier than a hysterectomy!!

Joni, I too, was impressed with the alliterative sentence. Way to go!!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Barbe, it was the first thing that popped into my mind as soon as I saw it!

• barbaraa
    Options

{{{JO}}} Gentle hugs pal.

The pic is a close up of fabric.