MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

HAPPY BDAY REESIE!!!!  And you must have still got "IT" gettin' a drink from a perfect stranger! You go girl!

An accordian??????? Wow - who'd a thunk it? well I guess barbe did!  I hope I never win cuz I can't seem to post pics to save my life!  I guess I'll just make outlandish guesses forever.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Jenn3 so sorry you were sick on your bday,  what a bummer

Well I missed getting on in time for the picture guess.  I'll have to be more on the ball next weekend.

• JeanH
    JeanH Member Posts: 132

Thanks Marlegal,

I am about 7weeks out so I guess clearing the symptoms...so exicted when Chemo was done forgot Se did not magically stop immediately.

Jean

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I lost now I want watermelon cake. Good job Barb

Was real tired today now I can'nt sleep. Took pm stuff hope it will help.

• suebak
    suebak Member Posts: 31

Marlegal-We are neighbors. Where did you have your treatments done.  I went to Univ of Penn for surgery and my med onc is there.  Currently doing rads at crozer.

Was wondering how long after treatments will I have a mamo.  My right breast is still very hard. I am now thinking, wow, I sure hope this lump is scar tissue or something to that nature and not cancer again.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Well, except for the fact that e added 2 years to my age...Yell...born in 1958 not '56, I will gladly accept the trophy for next week!

Sue, we're all hoping with you!!!! Keep us posted.

LOVE watermelon. Should have it's own food group.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Barbe, I wrote to karen1956 in that same post, so I gave you her birth year.  Ooops! 

suebak, I, too, suffered from "rock boob," during and after rads. It's a combination from rads inflamation and what I call micro-scarring all over from the rads, plus surgical scar tissue, plus some truncal lymphadema.*  Mine lasted 6-9 mos. after I finished rads til it got is proper middle-aged sag back.

*When I say lymphdema here, I don't mean like the problem some women have because they had a lot of nodes taken, that spreads down the arm and they get the special sleeves for.  What I mean is that our lymphatic channels got severed by the surgery and a minor fluid build-up stays in the chest for a while til some channels are healed or remade.  If you learn and do that light stroke lymphatic massage, it will help resolve the firmness a little quicker.

• elimar

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Have a great 4th everyone!

Happy Birthday Joni!

• elimar

Eph, You cannot believe how many "bakeries" have just opened in my neighborhood in thast last two weeks.  And they are in tents.  And all the pastries have cool names, like "Nutty Monkey" and "Honey Bees," even if I can only read the half of them that are in English.  All the "cakes" are wrapped up nicely and have colorful packaging.  I knew a many guests would show up here today for your birthday, so I picked out a nice big one.  The only problem was, when I asked if they had some birthday candles to go on top of it, they looked at me funny, which I don't get 'cause it's not like I mentioned your age or anything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOW OUT!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Love it E!  Thanks-when I 1st looked at it I thought it was made from atomic fireball candies which I'm addicted to & I was wondering how you knew that cause I don't think I've ever confessed to it.  Then I put on my glasses !

My mom  & I just went and saw the new Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts movie.  Very cute!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I have  many test this week I pray all goes well.  I have been very week and sore but will get through all of this.

• elimar

lynniea, all good results for you this week.

jo, Happy Anniversary that is not a cancerversary.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

lynniea - will bethinking of you this week and there in spirit

amen to that elimar! you go jojo

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Lyneia good luck with all your test.  I hope you get positive results.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Lynneia - Crossing fingers for good results this week.  Sorry you are not feeling well but yes you will get through this.

You need a great big group hug!!!

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Happy Birthday Eph and reesie! How fun it must be to have a birthday around and on the 4th! Hope you haven't worn out VM...

Just waiting for the fireworks show here - we had a hard rain a few hours ago and thankfully, it cooled it down, so it should be nice weather for the show.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Sue, I had all my treatment at Jefferson ... I work at 7th & Walnut so it made it easy to walk back and forth, and still do for follow-up stuff.  I had my first mammo 6 mos after surgery so not very long after rads stopped. I remember being very afraid it would hurt like hell 'cause that breast was still sore/hard from rads. It wasn't bad though.

• marlegal

Sue, I had all my treatment at Jefferson ... I work at 7th & Walnut so it made it easy to walk back and forth, and still do for follow-up stuff.  I had my first mammo 6 mos after surgery so not very long after rads stopped. I remember being very afraid it would hurt like hell 'cause that breast was still sore/hard from rads. It wasn't bad though.

Annette, thanks for hte nice words, but it isn't my birthday!

Eli, wish my "rock boob" (love that name!) went away ... one area actually got worse and worse for years, stabilized about year 5 actually. That's why they send me for the BSGI every year (breast specific gamma imaging) to make sure nothing is hiding behind that area.

Eph, I hope you had and are having a wonderful, wonderful birthday :)

• marlegal

Reesie, sorry I missed your bday yesterday - sure started out on the right foot!  What was the shot of anyway?  And did you drink it with him?  Don't you just love moments like that?

Here's what I should have posted yesterday ...

• elimar

Had a backyard BBQ.  How many grilled hot dogs today?   How many find this pic disturbing?

Eph, you knew I would wait until evening and get you a sparkler cake.  Probably every person born on the 4th gets a sparkler cake, and maybe it gets old, but the rest of us who get plain old candles year after year think they look awesome!

• jo1955

Eli - I have seen that pic before of the "hot dog".  I think it is pretty cute.

• elimar

PRETTY THINGS THAT GO BOOM IN THE NIGHT

• jo1955

SOME MORE PRETTY THINGS THAT LIGHT UP THE NIGHT SKY. 

• elimar
    jo, yeah, that mini-dachshund is cute, but that bun has been handled way too much...yuck!
  • jo1955
    Yeah!  It looks kinda bad - maybe that is from passing the dog around too much.
  • marlegal

Eli, love the page topper...set as my background - figure it's good for the month :)

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks Marlegal. I have no idea what the shot was. I wasn't drinking ( I take my poison intravenously these days and only on Tuesdays). Gave it to the new 21 yr old. I don't think she cared what it was at that point.

Best part was my DS met us at my brothers so I had him tell the story. It was great seeing him experience the horror again lol.

• elimar

Thanks, mar!  I saw a few huge displays when I was growing up, kind of like that one, because I lived in a city where the ariel ones were illegal (for individuals.)  Now I live in a place where anything goes (like on a scale just under Bagdad) and for about 10 years we made the biggest home display on our street.  Don't ask how much $$$ would go up in smoke...a lot!  My husband was on this third second childhood at the time.

Took a walk earlier and spotted three families that will be nukin' the neighborhood tonight.  In fact, I hear a few scuds flying past the house now, and this year all I have to do is pop open a lawn chair and a "beverage," sit back and enjoy!

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611