MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Foxy so sorry to hear about you husband.  My husband got down sized at the age of 60.  He got another job but it was only a two year contract and was done when it was over.  He is retired now and only does some part time consulting so it is up to me to carry rhe insurance.  Almost no one can afford to fight cancer with out insurance. This is why we really need a national health care program so we can spread the risk through the whole population instead of putting the pressure on the small groups like your husband's.  I am responsible for the Charity Care program at the hospital where I work and see some really sad cases af people who have worked hard and saved to retire early just to get cancer right before Medicare kicks in but they are over assets for any help due to their savings.  I always say but for the grace of God go I.

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

fox- they're going to be doing some major hiring for the huge new lab going up at fort dietrick in Frederick. Lemme do some checking and see if any of the engineering firms involved are hiring- shoot me a PM. I'm looking for another friend that just got laid off in Philly. (I report on capital projects for life science industry-there are jobs- just a bit tougher to find right now)

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

Annette you are awesome!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Who's supposed to post mystery pic? Isnt' it Jo? 

Happy Saturday everyone.  I have been working my a$$ off helping my daughter do "her" newest renovation project on the house-she's taken all the wood (read laminate probably) paneling in our dining room (actually is a family room, but we swapped family room with the dining room a long time ago) & she is prepping to paint.  I washed down the walls that weren't covered with paneling.   

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Lynneia take it easy and let your body heal.

Reesie-three flights with crutches, oh no!!!

Foxy so sorry about your hubs getting laid off, I hope he is able to find something quickly cobra can get expensive.

mjbmiller I think the flag would be a lovely tribute to your Dad.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Joni - I am supposed to post the mystery pic - totally forgot about it.  Will get something on here pretty soon.  Have to rack my pea brain what to come up with.

• jo1955

So sorry ladies - got busy today and completely forgot about the mystery pic - here it is and good luck with the guesses.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Piece of laminate.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Congratulations All. We had these many viewers.

• annettek

Jo- how in the world did you get a pic of my &ss????

• sheila888
    Annette...Are you sitting in the mud?Laughing
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

a bowling ball.

• sheila888

To me it looks like sand

• jo1955

Annette - Must be a really cute ass.

Sheila - That just means we are a popular, fun bunch. 

• Paula66

Well I have my new girls in and am so glad I have no more TE to deal with.  Im kinda nervous about bra shopping.  I dont know why when I never had a problem before.  Heck I really never wore one cause the girls were never that big to begin with.  Im stuck with this bra the PS wants me in until next month and its driving me crazy.  My sissy was having fun with that because back in the day I got F's in PE because I refused to wear a bra.  I didnt have them so why did I need one.  I remember the joke about being a carpenters dream, flat as a board.  Now I have some curve, not much but some.

• annettek

Yeah Paula! Wear the bra-it makes all the difference in the world for your final outcome.

Sheila- I have sat in the mud, but not today.....yet

Jo- you crack me up:)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Annette's a$$, I mean-mean-mean the moon!

You had me on the floor yet again Annette.  I may have to put you on my list of funniest people along with Elimar, Kleenex & Marlegal!!!  (I don't mean to play favorites - alot of you slay me fairly often, but the 3 previously mentioned usually have me side splitting without fail whenever they post!) 

• carol6026
    carol6026 Member Posts: 20

I had a bmx on april 8th of this year. The right side ended up with dead tissue, which is finally just about healed. The left side was doing great, until I developed a hole, about the size of a dime. I became sick all of a sudden with a fever of 103.8, Called the doctor and she sent me straight to the hospital. When she came to see me, she said nothing to worry about, it was just clear liquid draining. By the next day, I had gone into septic shock and the clear liquid turned into green. The next thing I knew, I was in surgery to have the expander removed. It has been 3 weeks now and it is very painful . It just seems like the left does not want to heel at all. Because I have been so depressed, I have not been to chat with anyone, so hope everyone is doing great.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

sand

{{CAROL}} Hugs, pal.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Anette - thank you! Sent you a PM!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

I'm thinking maybe the underbelly of an animal--cow or

Dog ??

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Looks like the side of a lamp. Something with texture.

Foxy

• Paula66

((carol))

• annettek

Carol- big hugs to you and it WILL get better....unfortunately there seems to have been several in these past few months who have had the same thing happen to them. But your body will heal and then you can get on with it...it bites having it happen though. Are you on the pic forum? If not, it might help so you can talk and see some others who have gone through the very same thing. The best news is that once it is out, the infection seems to heal very quickly. Your skin is already set for the implant, so it is not as difficult as the first time around.

Eph- youguys bring out the nutball in me:)

• jo1955

(((CAROL)))  Hugs to you.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I think it's ceramic tile and if it isn't, it should be!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

The mystery pic, that is....

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I think it is concrete

Carol hugs to you, I pray for complete and speedy healing

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I missed a lot yesterday, while I was getting some computer maintenance.  Did we really hit 200,000 views?  Wow!  And to think only 172,863 of them were mine.  Seriously, I like how the thread just kept evolving, but still managed to keep the info., support & fun going, just as I hoped it would from the beginning.

carol6026, I've heard few stories similar to yours and most of the time it turns out to be an unexpected and unfortunate delay, but hopefully you will heal up, like annettek said, and have it go a lot smoother the second time around.  I don't know when you see the doctor next, but maybe you should call in to let them know you are still having a lot of pain.  Seems like it should be settling down after three weeks already.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

The Mystery Pic...my first thought was "a shower stall" but is that laminate then or not?  If that is a repeat guess, then I will go with "wallpaper."