Comments

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
  • lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Hi Ladies home from surgery a little sore. The nurse comes today

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Glad you are home. Take it very easy and take care of yourself!

Foxy

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Lynniea-Hope your recovery is quick and painless!!Use this time to rest up, you deserve it. Take care.

• jo1955

lynniea - Glad you are home and hope you have a speedy recovery.  Use this time to rest up and take care of yourself.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

lynniea,  A little sore is normal, but it should get a bit less every day now.  If you are having more pain than a couple Tylenol can handle, let the nurse know.  Have a restful weekend.

Thinking of you, mjb.  It's so hard when a parent passes.  Hope you are getting thru' the days o.k., even if it feels like auto-pilot for a while.  Let the saddness and tears out, don't bottle it up.

HnS,  I never heard "goat talker" before.  That is so quaint!   Now if goats can talk amongst themselves, ond one of them makes a negative prediction, naa-aa-aah, naaa-aaah, we can only wonder what that is called.

• Raj20
    Raj20 Member Posts: 783

Hi! Lynniea, prayers from my side  for  fast recovery. Take rest  with plenty of  relief. You will be alright.

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

{{{{{Lynniea}}}} for a speedy recovery and no complications.

• walker2222

Have a question, my DH step mother always flies our state flag on our birthday at her house.  She lives in GA.  My DH thought that we should do that for my dad.  His birthday is on flag day so it has already passed this year.  Would it be appropriate to fly a state flag on flag day?  Just wondering.

• jo1955

MJB - You can fly a state flag on the same pole as the American Flag.  It can be placed UNDER the American flag.  That would be a appropriate display.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

lynniea, hope you are home resting comfortably and healing well.

mjb, I don't see why not as long as the American Flag is also flown and from a position of prominence (from the rules):  When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the right of the flag of the United States (the viewer's left). When the flag is half-masted, both flags are half-masted, with the US flag at the mid-point and the other flag below.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Elimar - would that be "people talkers" then? LOL - just picturing a negative talking goat....

I also say something just before the characater in a movie says it. The other night we were watching a movie, and something just crossed my mind and I said, "Where did you park your car?" The next line out of the character's mouth was "Where did you park the car?". Another time, I saw something move in my peripheral vision and I said, "What was that?". Right away, the next thing the actor in the movie said was "What was that?". My son and I just laugh and look at each other with amazement. haha, and no, I haven't seen these movies before! It also happens when my son is reading something. I'll say something and it happens to be the next line of a joke he's reading on his computer. He just gasps and holds it up for me to see.

It happens just about everyday - if only it was something useful like lottery numbers!

• elimar

That is a weird phenomenon, HnS.  I have had it happen a few times myself, but not like an everyday thing.  I think it is fascinating and haven't seen an explanation of it.  It's a good thing you are having this in the 21st Century...those abilities didn't go down that well 300+ years ago.

Good to hear from you, rajkumari

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

No kidding! Burned at the stake, or kicked out of the village, or have to do penance - horrible! I talk too much, so I would have had a hard time keeping my lip zipped! That's probably how I died 300 years ago...LOL

I was thinking maybe it's just my guardian angels playing little games, and then that reminded me of the movie "The Adjustment Bureau". Have you seen that?

My son (who started developing apps for the iPhone app store a few years ago), has a job this summer developing an app for Georgia Tech. His boss is an idiot (I'll vouch for that), and my son is having to learn that he has to what the boss says. It's a hard lesson, but we all have to learn that one.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

"Adjustment Bureau" was pretty good & not as convoluted as I thought it would be to follow.  On the other hand "Horrible Bosses" was just that HORRIBLE!

• jo1955

"Adjustment Bureau" was a good movie - nothing like I thought it would be.  Saw it at the theater and enjoyed the popcorn too.

• Foxlairfrm

Sometimes life just throws BIG curve balls at you! Husband got laid off today...wonder how much of that weighed on an insurance burden? Small company - 35 employees. In this economy where does an engineer find work...blah! Test results were good Monday, (memo) I have something to be thankful for. Keep repeating that to self. Sorry, just had to let it out!

Foxy

• elimar

Foxy, Sorry to hear that.  Back when your husband was working on his engineering degree, that was a sure thing for steady employment.  There aren't too many jobs these days that have been recession proof.  The times, they are a'changin'...and not for the better either.

• walker2222

Sorry Foxy, hope he finds something soon.

Saw the PS today he didn't take any more fluid and thinks my body will absorbe the rest. Hope so, see him again on the 17th.

• reesie

Bad news Foxy. That sucks.

Good news MJB.

I'm sad tonight. I'm sitting here waiting for my MRI and they have the oldies station on. They played Madonna. Ugh!

• jo1955

Foxy - So sorry and hope he finds something soon.

mjbmmiller - Good news!!!

Ressie - ((((((HUGS)))))) 

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Foxy Im sorry to hear that.  The same thing had happened to my husband about 1 month after I found out I had cancer.  We both worked at the same place and it was a nighmare, but we did make it through it.  I was very luckey that the owner stepped in the way he did.  I was very luckey.  I had to take 6 weeks off and I didnt know what we were gonna do.  It all worked out and I hope the same will for you as well.  Keep your head up and know we are here for you!

mjb- your still in my prayers.  I like the flag idea.  I dont see why you cant do it.  

HnS I had a boss who was a real jerk when I found out I had cancer.  He didnt approve of how I was taking care of it.  It was my cancer and how I wanted to treat it was my choice, not his.  He thought I was going to far.  He even went as far as laying my husband off so I would stay working.  I even remember waking up after having my BMX to hear my husband telling him he couldnt go back to work the next day because I was coming home from the hospital.  I couldnt believe the conversation at first, but then again, I have worked for this man for 10 yrs.  

• Foxlairfrm

Dang Paula, that's incredible! This happened to us before many yrs ago. We did find out we were an insurance burden. Rates go way up for small companies with high risk employees. We have really great insurance. The cobra is outrageous but we will have to do it. It's less than one months rx's without it.

Foxy

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Foxy, I join in the hope that something comes up for hub, and that it's a good something.

Reesie, why sad hon?  It's Friday, no sadness allowed on Fridays :)  Hugs for feeling better soon.

I find that I just don't have the energy to come on the threads at night during the week after working 9 hours a day.  I used to feel guilty, and try to read back as many pages as possible once I'd get here on the weekends. It almost was another burden though...like something I had to do, so now I'm just coming to the last page each time I'm able to make it here and will comment on just that page (assuming of course there's more than one post on that page!!)  The downside of that is that I might miss something important so if I don't comment on your big news or upcoming tests or great results etc., please know that I think of ALL of you daily :)

• reesie

Mar that was really a figurative sad. To think Madonna qualifies for the oldies station. Sigh.

• reesie

Good news is that I WASN'T the person stuck in the MRI machine when the power went out tonight. I felt sorry for the women who was turns out she's claustrophobic. She had two mor views to go when it happened so she had to get in again. She had a great attitude though. She even wrote a great comment card for the tech because she helped her through it.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Reesie--I'm with you, when the "oldies" stations started to play the music I like. . . double sigh. . . I still think Lady Gaga is Madonna's secret love child. 

Foxy-I am so sorry to hear about DH. What kind of engineer is he? Between DC area and Richmond, I hope there is something out there for him!! Both my sister (in her first year of BC) and my BIL were layed off state jobs in Richmond after putting in their 20 years. Fortunately, my DS's boss was kind enough to wave her last year of service to make her "officially" retired. She worked thru chemo and rads and then they let her go. She found a part-time consulting job that is less stressful and loves that she can work from home. She wasn't ready to retire. My BIL went from working for the state to Northrup Gruman--total reinvention for him.  Its not easy getting new careers in your 40,50 or 60's but they are my inspiration. Good luck to your DH.

MJB-i love the flag idea--what an honor!!

Paula-truly Horrible boss. I have one too. I figure Karma will get them in the end.

Lynneia-hope the healing is still right on course. Any questions don't be afraid to ask!! 

Mar- it's hard for me to post everyday too, but I love "catching" up on everyone.But don't think of BCO as a burden, don't feel obligated to keep up. Sometimes I feel like there is just too much on my plate, and I have to let something go for awhile. It's ok. We all need breaks now and then. Even from BC. 

Speaking of which this is my first weekend off in a month and a half, and here I am on the computer at 8 am. To be fair, my boys are all still snoozing away, and I like using the early am to have ME time. Have a wine tasting party tonight and I have to go shopping and cook. My DH insists on seafood, I talked him out of the crawfish idea (not my fav) so any suggestions on a good scallop recipe, I'm all ears. . .  

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Marlegal its good to see you.  Heck Im just glad to see you that you are here.  You have become a part of my time here and even if its just the weekend so be it.  I know that we all are in constant thought about the gals around here.  So please dont stop coming around even if its just the weekend!

Lynneia I hope you are doing well.  Rest up and just take some time for you.  

I remember a time when I felt so guilty that I wasnt doing this that or the other thing while I was recovering from sugery and chemo.  As I look back I no longer feel that way.  Heck I was going thru enough crap on my own.  I feel for the women around here whos hubbies complain that the house is a mess, dinners not fixed and the wifey duties are slacking.  I do know that BC affects the whole family, but the person dealing with it has the most stake in it.  I am so grateful that I have a hubby who never once complained that life was at a stand still and he understood.  I am blessed!  

Claire I tell myself everyday that he will have something shown to him and he will walk in my shoes one day.  It took me many months to get to this point.  There are 3 things in life that you just dont mess with and my husband is one of them.  Thats for me to do, hee hee!

Ugh now I do feel old when Maddona is on the oldies station, lol! 

• carollynn79
    carollynn79 Member Posts: 331

Foxy so sorry to hear about DH hopes he finds work soon. I am very lucky that my company has kept mine going thru two cancer diagnosis.  We have 50 employees but know I am a drain.  There was 2 of us with cancer so they put us on seperate policys. Cory passed away in May and now I am back in the group and know it raised the rates

I have been having a lot of calf and foot  cramps at night.  Anyone have any suggestions to help relieve them?

• Foxlairfrm

CM, he is mechanical. Hvac, plumbing, fire protection. Specializes in heavy industrial, laboratories, hospitals. Genius when it comes to these new hot lick forensic science facilities. No more govt money to build them. Keep your ears open. At 55 no one wants the ol' fart that has a decent salary. They want the young cheap ones.

Thanks everyone!

Foxy