MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Dear Ladies just wanted you to know my dad passed away Monday night.  Yesterday was a though day for me.  I know now he is at peace and without pain now.  Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.  We are having a memorial for him on Aug. 6th at the First Baptist Church in Clayton New Mexico.  Instead of flowers, we are asking for donations to the Luekemia Foundation or the American Cancer Society. His name was JR Newton short for John Riley.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

MJBmiller-I am so sorry about your Dad, but he is at peace now.  It is hardest on us that are left here, we have to deal with our emotions.  My prayers are with you and your family.  ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Awe MJ, condolances to you and your family.  I know it was expected but it is still hard. (((((((Hugs)))))).

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

MJBMiller - Sending  my condolences to you and your family.  You Dad is in a good place now and out of pain.  (((((((HUGS))))))))

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    mjb, Deep sympathy for you and your family.  It was nice that you could all spend some time with him in the last days and I hope you were able to get together on his last wishes and are able to carry them out.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

MJBMiller, your Dad waited until you left so he could pass in peace. I'm so glad you had your time with him and I know he is in a better place, but it's still hard. Hugs, sweetie....

elimar, why not take the Effexor's 12 hours apart? That seems to make a lot more sense and it would cover your night issues. One am, one pm. Just an FYI, Neurotin is notorious for weight gain - as much as a pound a WEEK. Documented!

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

MJB, I am truly sorry to hear about your father. Loosing a parent is so hard. Know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Foxy

• elimar

Barbe, that IS a future experiment.  I haven't been on it that long yet, and was sorting out those S/E's first, but want to try that 12 hr. interval next.

The Effexor causes weight gain in some too, but I seem to be going the other way.  Only tried Neurontin for 4 weeks, but no gain for me in just that month.  For me, insomnia, excessive weight gain, and excessive constipation are deal breakers.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

MJB-- deepest sympathy to you and your family. We are all here for you. We'll mourn your loss but celebrate his life!

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388

I take Effexor 75 mg @ night with minimal SE's (luckily).  However, I do have weight gain, although I didn't realize it was from Effexor until a friend told me about it.  I thought it was all from going into early menopause and less movement due to the collapsed vertabre........  I guess the combination of all is what has given me some extra fluff. 

MJB - I am so sorry for your loss.  My sympathy for you and your family (((Hugs))) Jenn.

RE:  Mammogram.  I have to say something similar did happen to my sister.  After the nurse put my DS into the vice grips, the fire alarm went off........the nurse looked at my sister, said she needed to see what it was and ran out of the room.  My DS was left there in the vices of mammogram jaws until the nurse returned a few minutes later and cheerfully told her all was okay.  My DS gave that nurse/tech an earful.  While it was hysterical for us, my DS still has fears of being left every year for her annual.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

MJB, my sincere condolences for you and your family. You will be in my prayers.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

mjb - I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm so glad you were able to say goodbye. Prayers to you and your family. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

mjb-glad to hear you dad won't be suffering any longer & the bonus was the time you got to be with him.  May you find peace & comfort. ( I am soooooooooo dreading the day for me & hope like crazy that I will be able to handle it with as much grace as you have exhibited.)

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

MJB=  So sorry for you loss.  I am glad you got to say good-bye and wish you peace.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

MJB Im sorry to hear of your fathers passing.  You and your family are in my prayers.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

MJB - My condolences and prayers to you and your family.  I'm so glad you got to be with him before he passed.

• reesie

Jenn,

That was horrible.  I can't believe the tech left your sister in there - no one should be staying inside any building for any reason if the fire alarm goes off EVEN if you think it is a false alarm.

Can you tell I live with a family of firefighters - my husband is constantly complaining about going to an alarm and having to evacuate the building still because people "decided" it was just a nuisance alarm or test. 

You never know when there is an electrical fire that triggered the alarm that no one knows about until the building has been cleared by the fire chief or fire marshall. 

And your sister had no control over that - there is no excuse. 

Ok, getting off the soapbox now Wink

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

MJB--so sorry to hear about your father.  You and your family are in my prayers. 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

MJB - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. May he rest in peace and may our dear Lord surround your family with His comfort..

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Thank you all so much.

I did have my bone scan on Tuesday, it went well.  They asked me to wait in the waiting area after for 7 min, they would call me back in if there was a problem.  Waited 15 min just in case and left.  Have a CAT scan on Tuesday next week.  The MO said my blood work from my last appoint was good, but my liver enzymes were still elevated so wanted me to do a CAT with contrast.  See my PS tomorrow about the seroma fluid, I still feel some but hope is it less than last time 20cc.

• jo1955

mjb - Glad the bone scan went well.  Crossing fingers that your CAT scan is good.  I hate those seromas  - they are a real pain.

• suzwes
    suzwes Member Posts: 765

MJB, I'm so sorry for the loss of your father.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad your bone scan went well and hope your CAT scan goes well too!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller glad your bone scan went well and pray your CT scan goes great also.

• reesie
    So tell me, did we HAVE to have the building fire alarm go off TWICE today.  Down the steps on crutches is such fun Undecided
  • jo1955

ressie - Really?? What is wrong with those people?? Hope you didn't have to do too many stairs.  Let's throw those folks in the bonfire and what them burn.  You will feel so much better after.

• reesie

LOL Jo, it wasn't a test, it was a real alarm.  Apparently the air conditioning system had a malfunction.

It's only 3 floors - glad I don't work in a high rise.

• elimar
    reesie, It seems like you jinxed yourself with the comments you made the day before!  Foot in mouth
  • heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Haha, Elimar! You may have a point there! 

Weird - sometimes I say something like, I hope this bad thing doesn't happen to you and the next thing I know, that person calls me and says, "It happened!" And then, of course, it's your fault - LOL.  One friend of mine said, "Why can't you ask me something like have I ever won the lottery?"

A guy I met from Jamaica told me his grandmother says people who say something sort of negative, and then it comes true, are called "goat talkers". Never heard that term before - I wish it worked in reverse. Maybe I can figure out a way to twist up the words and have something good happen...

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499

((((mjb))))

• reesie

I thought about that E but I was a good girl and evacuated. At least I'm mot all talk :)

The good thing is I found out that my company DOES make sure everyone evacuates. I thought for sure they would be the kind that would say keep working until we find out what's going on.