• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Jo you are BAD TO THE BONE, lol. 

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    janis, that's AWESOME news!  i'm so happy for you.  Laughing
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Paula - I know but someone has to do it.  This girl just wants to have some fun - hehehehe.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Dang!! Which one, which one! I have absolutely NO hormones left...but I ain't dead yet! Lol. Jo you are hilarious!

Foxy

• Janis. Excellent news. congrats! Wishing you all the best as you begin rads

Liz

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Janis-very good news!

Foxy-glad you & DH were able to salvage a decent day!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Thanks to everyone for cheering me on.  It means more than you can know, trust me.  I feel blessed to be part of this amazing group.

Now I just hope everythign goes reallky well for all of you!

Thanks again...you are the best!

XOXOXOXOXOXO

Janis

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Janis woohoo no chemo

YaYa I like your new avitar, your beautiful smile really shows up.  Are you going without a wig most of the time?

Foxy so glad your Dh did not drive you crazy today.  I laugh at my FIL one day he told me he did not know what was wrong with my MIL she was being bitchy.  I told him nothing was wrong with her it was just that he retired and is messing up her office (house) being around all the time.  I explained that she had not retired she was still doing the same job she had always done.  I asked him wouldn't it have bugged you if she had come and hung out at your office all the time.  He said h**l yeah and asked me when I got so damn smart.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Congrats Janis the waiting is the worst.  I guess I was the lucky one I have had chemo and now radiation what else

• YaYa5
    sherry, thank you!  i'm trying to go naked in public, but i haven't accomplished it yet.  i usually wear a hat or a scarf if i have time to tie it.  ha!  i really don't mind the almost-bald head.  it's so cool in this hot weather.  i won't be buying a wig.
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

janis-Awesome news!! Happy dance for you!!!

Foxy- just when you think our DH are annoying , they do something very loving and generous. You are lucky to have a DH that loves you so. Glad you got to enjoy at least part of the day!!

yaya-beautiful avatar, you are absolutely radiant! it was about this time last year I lost all my hair, and it took awhile but it seems to have grown back thicker. I did go the wig route during the winter, because I just couldn't get warm with just a scarf on. I was always freezing!! I would have loved to go commando, just never was that brave. 

Got my son off to college today, the house already seems quieter. . . course everyone is asleep but me. Waiting patiently for the ambien to kick in. . .

Just don't let me go backwards on the posts and look at our new cabana boy--I may never be able to go to sleep.Phheww!! Hot flash coming on!! 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Janis ~ YIPPEEEE !!  Cool  Fabulous news on your OncoType score. Rads was easy for me - be sure to check out the rads threads for helpful hints to get through with little/to no SE's. Any Q's here?? Ask away! One very important tip: Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
  • annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

shoosh my head is spinnin cannot keep up with all of these but SO GLAD FOR ALL THE GOOD NEWS:)))) I love ya all:)

• Foxlairfrm

Claire, I hated it when my son left for college. He was the first and is the closest to me of my 3 kids. The house had a huge void in it for a while. The twin girls kept me hopping as they were jrs in high school. As each child moved out permanently I all of a sudden started to feel this sense of freedom and reclamation of my house. It's been a little over a year now and I can't imagine any of them coming back. Not that they couldn't if needed but wow - I have a hair brush and nail clippers and they don't move all by themselves anymore! I do know how you feel sending one off to college. It's a definenate turning point for parents.

Foxy

Fully recovered from yesterday. Lol

• Paula66

YaYa love the picture.  I was taken back at first when I lost my hair, but I got used to it.  I wore hats and scarves.  After awhile I just deceided that I wasnt going to cover it.  I took them off.  It was so such a free feeling.  Rock that bald look, YAYA!

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

I felt the same way  after a while i decided that it was to hot for a wig and than I found myself leaving the house without it

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Foxy,  It turned out nice to have a lunch date along with you and to kill the time with on scan day.  Now, we will just hope for improvement when they compare with your previous scans.

Janis,  Nice!  A 16.  That usually means chemo would only offer about 2% more benefit than without it.  I said no to chemo with a score of 18.  It felt great to ge able to "get out of" something.  Happy dance for you!

Yaya,  Lookin' good!  Some people just have a head that looks good bald, and you are one of them.  You look color coordinated (with lipstick,) happy and healthy.  What's your secret?

• YaYa5

thank you for your kind comments, cmblastic, paula, and elimar.  i wasn't purposely color-coordinated, elimar, and in real life i don't think it really looked that way, but thank you nonetheless! i had short hair before the dx and i cut it even shorter before my first tx.  when it started shedding, i had it shaved.  i actually have a hair phobia ... can't stand hair in the shower or anywhere else except where it's supposed to be. i didn't want to deal with the big chunks coming out either.  ewwww.  now even the tiny shaved hairs are coming out but i can't see them.  

i have my next tx on monday and i'm just hoping the s/e's are like the first tx because it was fairly easy and the past two weeks i've felt great.  i'm nervous about it and really dreading going back for an infusion, but i know i have no choice.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

You look fabulous YaYa!  If I could look that good I would not be hiding it. 

Yes, I agree that sending them off to college is hard, but I too found a new freedom that I forgot about.  Then when one came back home after losing his job it was hard to not be the "Mom" again.  "He's an adult"..... I had to keep reminding myself.  Anyway all is good now and he's out again on his own (with wife/child now) and doing good.  I've learned to float and drift and not let things eat away at me so much.  With the BC I've REALLY had to work at it but I think it's coming along.

Met with the RO today and had a CT scan to get ready for tomorrow's mammosite insertion.  Got a tour of everything and a look at what the catheter looks like that they will be placing.  Now if I could just get my Oncotype score before I'm put under tomorrow I'll be even better.  Keep your fingers and toes crossed for a low score.  Kitty

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    O.K., will do...                 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Are those your real parts E?

• Paula66

yaya I was the same way.  I got myself so worked up on the day of chemo.  I knew I had to do it but dreded the SE.  I knew what was coming and was still scared.  Just walking into the infusion made me sick to my stomach.  Just the smell alone messed with me.  I even got myself so worked up I ended up throwing up at the start of an infusion.  I made it through it and I know you can too!  Good Luck!!!

• Foxlairfrm

Check this out! Exciting day around here. I complained to the local tv station about one of our big banks now charging fees for banking. They came out to interview me and we were on the 5 pm news! I don't know if there is video on the Internet of it but here is the link to the article. It was a good piece on the news and free advertising for the business! Lots of footage in the salon!

http://www.nbc12.com/story/15292695/suntrust-debit-card-fees-limited-free-monthly-transactions

Foxy

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

KittiGirl= you're the next one we're routing for a low score for. Hope your wait is over soon.

YaYa.= My favorite saying for chemo is "You don't have to be brave you just have to show up."  I went topless today for the first time since I lost my hair. 

Had a follow-up appointment with MO today he is recommending Femora for my AI as long as dexascan results are ok.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Hi Everyone,  THE ONCO SCORE IS IN!  A BIG FAT ZERO!!!! I could hardly believe it and asked for the nurse to repeat it.  I was stunned and so very happy.  E - all that finger and toe crossing must have worked!  A GIGANTIC HUG and my THANKS to everyone for cheering me on.  Janis - your  hunch was absolutely right!  You rock girl!  Now for tomorrow's mammosite placement I'm READY!  Bring it on!  Kitty
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

KittyGirl - Such wonderful news - onco score of 0.  I wish you luck with the mammosite rads.  My BS inserted the balloon in his office but in the end I had to have it removed and do the full 6 weeks.  Apparently the lump cavity was not the right shape for the balloon to fit properly.  I was so looking forward to it.  I will keep MY fingers and toes crossed that it is successful for you.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

YaYa you look amazing...that big bright smile just shines.  It is just the focal point!

Elimar...crossing my fingers and toes here with you for everyone.  I just want you all to be well, and with as little pain/discomfort as possible.

Kitty....It felt great to be right this time!  So happy for you.  Hope all goes well tomorrow.

You are all just great, and thanks for holding cyber hands with me through my very long wait! 

Hugs to you all,

Janis

• YaYa5

kitty, WOW!!  an oncotype of ZERO!  that's incredible and i'm so happy for you.  congrats!!!

janis, thank you so much.  Smile