MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Now, we don't have to have a seance, but anyone who wants to can do the Ouija Board with me.  If anyone has been warned against this, you can read a volume from my Harry Potter library instead. 

Does anyone smell the scent of pretty flowers?  The planchete is moving.  I'm getting a message....it's...."P..i..n..k....H..u..g..s."   Ooooh!  That has to be our dear, departed P-Mom!  She was partying with us last year at the One-Year Party and I think her spirit is still with us.  She was so much fun.  We miss you P-Mom!!!

Wait!  The planchette is really moving fast now.  It's saying, "Hi, Girls.  By the way, I'm able to really haunt his cheating a$$.  Gotta go."  Wait, who is it?  "Eliz. Edwards" Of course, I should have known!

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Damn - just catching up on posts after a PMX 4 days ago. I missed the pool party, Of course, I could have only waded up to my waist because of the chest incision and I definitely would have wanted to go topless and it's probably a little too soon for that. I've always wondered if it was legal for a woman who's had BMX to go topless at the beach. We don't expect people who have had  a limb amputed to be wearing them at the beach. I've always hated, hated, hated wet bathing suit tops. I posted this question, kind of tongue in cheek, on a couple of  BC list serves. People actually came back with serious answers about scaring little children. Maybe I'll get nipple tattoos, so I look a little more natural.

I'm rapidly running out of steam, so it looks like I'm going to miss the PJ party, too. Oh well, next time. Have fun everyone.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

I went to Las Vegas in 2008 to meet up with 27 other women from BCO, mainly from the chat rooms. I had never met 25 of them and flew across the country on a whim and a prayer!  One of the women talked the hotel into giving us a suite for a pajama party our 2nd night there - it was beyond awesome.  Here's a shot of us, and I could name every single woman in here if you asked me too.  Some of them have become my true life friends and we've met up several times since then, and many of us will meet again in Tampa this November.  If any of you are invited, you are more than welcome to come, just PM me and I'll give you the details.  This picture always makes me smile :)

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Too funny about Eliz joining the party!  I sure do miss Lisa however!

Hey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~who's throwing rocks at the windows?

• elimar

It's probably the DH's trying to scare us, or get us to sneak out the back door for skinny dipping.

• elimar

I'm getting sleepy now   At least I wasn't the first one to fall asleep (and snore!) like "lipstick face" cmblastic did!   I had a good time with you today, my B/C friends.  Hope you did too. 

And nobody better stick my hand in a bowl of warm water either!!!  Nighty, night.

• eph3_12
    tiptoe~tiptoe~shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh West Coasters!  Let's not wake up the sleeping beauties!
  • reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

West coasters and imsomniacs Joni

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

and those working nights! 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

And here is an east coaster who stays up late & completely missed the pool party & pajama party.

Cry

Sounds like everyone had a rollicking good time!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Oh crap I just checked the thread and seems that I have missed the party. Looks like everyone had a great time ElimarSmile
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I loved the pool party but it exhausted me I am afraid.  All that fun and sun.  Not to mention great food and drinks.  Sadly I had to turn in early, but sure looks like fun was had by all.  Thanks to Elimar for inviting us all and taking it over the top! 

Marlegal, if I ever make it to Florida I would be honored to attend one of your pajama parties.

Hugs to all of you.  I had so much fun!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    Holy Crap - Went to bed early and got behind 4 pages.  Missed the pillow fight - darn it all.  I did llok in the mirror first thing when I got up and i did not find lipstick all over my face - Whew!  What a relief.  Eli - What a great pool party.
  • barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I wasted SO much time checking out what I thought was cheese and DID turn out to be fruit that I missed the whole party!!!!! Good thing I met George before y'all got distracted by the guy in the red underwear with small bits....ehehehehhehehehee

Back in the real world now and a little shakey, gotta say....Wink

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

eli you crack me up but we have been practicing our pillow fights for some time now on the Tamoxifen train so I have all kinds of pillows in hiding.

glad I was not the only one late to the party. I had a good excuse, I was finishing cleaning my house for my kids to come this week and also got my fall garden planted.  so I was a busy girl.  That pool sure did feel good after planting my garden.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Thanks Eli-you throw a MAH-VE-LOUS party!!! I'm still wiping off the lipstick off my forehead!!  Hope my mom doesn't see it!!

Back to the real world--do I hafta go????

My boys started school today. My DS has to catch the bus at 6:20. Tough crawling out of bed this morning after the late night revelry. Yawn. . .

Getting butterflies, see my MO tomorrow, no scans, just a checkup. Just don't like the poking and prodding.

Hope all have a great Monday!! and here's a little hair of the dog for anyone who needs it!! 

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I missed the party!  It sure looked like you all had a great time.

I only have two more boosts to go in radiation but I have to go to the gyno today...yuck. I dread it most of all...had lots of bad experiences in that regard in my infertility days and I haven't gone in a long time. Time to put on my big girl panties...

• elimar

I'm am sorry so many came late to the party or missed it entirely.  Unlike the last-minute parties before, I mentioned something was up last weekend, and had the invitation out on this page on Friday to try and give some advance notice.  Those who missed it can always go back 4-5 pages and help themselves to some "leftovers."  Here's a group pic of some of us.

I know Barb58, and a few other too, are gearing up for rads.  While nothing about B/C is fun, you will all get thru' it, and will have sisters here to hold your hand.  cmblastic, Good Luck at the MO and I hope they only have to stick you once to draw your blood.  Just be happy you did not have to go in today and have them give you a virtual breathalizer!

• elimar

This is the actual anniversary date of this thread.  We are still celebrating today in a way not as wet.  So grab a slice of cake with some nice middle-aged sister-friends that you have met here, who know your B/C fears, struggles, and strengths.  We are in this together.

• cmbear

Eli--I love seeing your happy smiling face!! Slice me off a large piece of calorie free cake!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

eli I love your avatar.  Always wondered what you looked like

• elimar

Very different than a little pink dog, I'll say that much.  I took another picture on Saturday (when I was cleaning the pool tiles!) that I wanted to use instead, but it would not upload.  Not from my computer and not from a Photobucket account, so I gave up.  I went with one that I used before and now it is almost two years old.  Just use your imagination to take away some collagen and put a few wrinkles in it's place.  My hair looks the same, the length you can see; but at the time it was a LOT longer than where the pic is cropped at, because two mos. later I donated 9" of it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths to make a cancer wig.

Speaking of cleaning the pool...is somebody missing something?  Found this floating in the pool this morning...

• eph3_12

oh YAYAYAYAYAYAY!  I got to see the "real" you-last time you didn't leave the real photo up on the avatar spot & I didn't get to see you!  You look just like I knew you would!

that party was quite the feista yesterday & today-2 yrs-WOW!  This is definitely one of my, if not my fav thread!  A couple others tie right up there too.

At the grindstone-gotta go!  

• cmbear

Sorry not mine ! My Gyn Onc said I don't have any eggs left after chemo!! : )

• elimar
    cmb, I did not know you had multi-species heritage.  Is the ostrich on your mom or dad's side?
  • elimar

I'm on my second piece of cake and it is so moist and chocolatey-licious.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Sorry not mine either, chemo and tamo are taking thier place right now.  

Good luck today for all who have testing, treatments, rads, or visits. 

Omg my son is really going to need some heavy duty therapy later in life.  He's 18 now and understands why I had both my boos removed so Im ok there.  Well when he was 11 he deceided to sleep downstairs because it was so dang hot and we had no AC.  His sissy was gone on a trip so I deceided I could sleep in just my panties.  It was late and he was safely tucked on the couch.  I went upstairs to sleep.  Stripped down to the panties.  Walked over to the window and shut the dang fan off, when he poops out of nowhere to scare the crap outs me.  Well not only did he get a scream outa me he got a full on frontal view of me in just my panties.  Well needless to say that was the last time he ever did that again, poor guy.  Well after my BMX I was terrified of him seeing  me naked again.  I have done really good at making sure I was dressed when I knew he was home, until yesterday.  It was so dang hot and I thought he left so I took my top and bra of to let the girls breath.  The next thing I know he comes around the corner to do what, scare me, OMG!  Well now he got another good look at me.  This time though I have no boobs.  Poor guy I can just here the therapist now.  Does your mom ever wear clothes!  Yes I do when I know he is at home,lol!  I guess that will teach him to scare me, lol.  Have a fun filled day all!  

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Oh Paula that is too funny about your son!  I would have been horrified if my sons had ever seen me topless with these saggy old things!

The party was great, and I am helping myself to plenty of those desserts today.  I need comfort food.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

I was late to the partying because I don't do computer stuff during the day on the weekend, only midnight or so after DH goes to bed. By the time I did a recap, everybody had gone to bed. Yell

Love your avatar, E !!

Two years for this thread, WOW ! This is an awesome "home-away-from-home" & a more than spectacular group of sisters.

A special THANKS to Elimar, & a thank-you to all the dear sister/friends that are here everyday, through thick & thin, for all of us. ♥

• elimar

LOL, Paula66.  Then again, what kind of parent would you be if you did not mentally scar him for life a couple times?  Doesn't that come under the heading of embarassing them, which is right there in the parental job description?