MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Paula you have me laughing.  the last time I went to see our youngest son it was late into the night and I was up and down throwing up but he did not know that.  He came downstairs to use the restroom and thought we were fast asleep in our bedroom.  Needless too say I was running for the bathroom when he was coming out in his underwear.  I was too sick to really care but I think he was highly embarrassed.  He is grown with a family and it has been a very long time since I have seen him in his underwear.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Eli - OMG!  Love the avatar.   Now we can all see just how gorgeous you are.  I almost missed it - was so used to seeing the pink thing.

Ladies - I have a huge favor to ask.  I have a friend who is a 16 year survivor and is going today for a mammo and possibly a US..  She went to her doctor a couple weeks ago and there is something "suspicious" in there.  This is on her good foob.  Please say a prayer for her.  I told her she would be getting B9 results as I have her a big hug.  She has been my biggest supporter through my BC journey. 

• Sherryc

Jo will definitely pray for your friend.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Count me in for prayers as well! 

• jo1955

Thanks - I had a good cry - seems this hit me hard emotionally.  I have known Becky for many years.   

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Big prayers for your friend, Jo. She is lucky to have you in her corner.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

I'm praying for Becky, Jo...

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

jo, since you are distraught about your friend, Becky, I will overlook the part where you called my (vintage Dakin collectible) plush doggy avatar a "pink thing," and just accept the flattery part.

My oldest friend got a Dx one year after mine, and I worry more about a recurrence for her than I do for myself because she was a higher stage with node involvement.  I know how friend anxiety feels. So, I will hope for B9 results on all Becky's diagnostics today. 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    E- PINK THING-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Jo hugs for you!

Paula.. its true we have to give our kids something to talk to their therapist about lol!..

hugs ladies!

• jo1955

Eli - I am sorry - I did not mean to call your cute plush doggie a "pink thing".  I was never quite sure what it was - and now I learned something new today.

I think I need to go over to the bonfire and throw in all the rad techs in my area.  Becky called me and told me she would have to wait a week for her results.  That is all the rad tech would tell her - she even took the views down when Becky tried to look at them.  The same thing happened to me - how maddening.  Becky will try and call her doctor tomorrow and see if she can get some answers.  Will update.  Thanks to all you wonderful Middies for your prayers.   

• Sherryc

Jo I'll join you at the bonfire

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Wait a week?! How frustrating! I always wonder how these people would feel if it were them....

• elimar
    We all know what that waiting is like, jo.  It's always hope for the best, prepare for the worst.  Anything you can do to take your friend's mind off of the waiting, even if just for a short while, can help with the stress and anxiety during the waiting time.
  • elimar

I'm still going strong with my cake eating frenzy of celebration.  Think I will have one of my favorites, Carrot Cake.  Will it spoil my appetite before dinner?  Nope.  No calories!

Mmmm.  This one looks homemade.  If only I had a real one for after dinner.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Jo special healing hugs to your friend Becky.  I will keep her close.....I know how hard the waiting is!

It is official, I start rads tomorrow.  My first appointment is at 12:30 but I set up a permanent time slot of 9:30 for the rest of my treatments.  Just want to get this over with. 

• elimar
    How many will you get, janis
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I am thinking 33.  He said 6.5 weeks so that would be about right.  Maybe 32, depends of what my oncologist thinks a half a week is!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

carrot cake counts as a vegetable serving if you are counting

• tinkertude

Good luck tomorrow Janis!!!

• jo1955

Good Luck with Rads Janis.  Be sure to drink plenty of water and get lots of rest.  You are doing to do great.

Eli - The carrot cake looks yummy.  I agree with Eph - I would count it as a vegetable serving. 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Eli, it's so good to see your smiling face :)  Giggling about "the pink thing" ... you won't live that one down anytime soon!!!  Thanks for all the cake, I've enjoyed a teeny bite of each one. I don't want to fill up 'cause I'm sure more is coming.

Speaking of thanks, I'll throw my thanks out there for this particular thread too.  I only follow 3 boards religiously and this is one of them. The need this fills for us is just amazing. I'm proud to be a part of it, and grateful for all of you being a part of my life.

Hugs all around :)

• elimar

I did not know that, Eph, but if carrot cake counts as a vegetable, I may never need to buy V8 Fusion again to get my extra vegetable serving in.  Probably can't pass this one off as anything in the vegetable category, oh wait, they might have pureed carrots, lima beans, corn and beets to make the fancy decorations.  Yeah, that's the story I'm sticking to.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Eli, The party was fabulous!  I am so very grateful for all my sisters here and your support, humor, hugs, and just your good listening ear.  To say nothing of the CAKE!  Yum!  Janis - we're in this together girl!  Jo - Throw that dumb tech on the fire!  I'll come watch him burn with an evil smile on my face.  The impossible waiting is the one thing I find to be unbearable with this entire journey.  Paula - I'm still wiping the tears away from laughing so hard about your poor son.  Oh well, he'll live, maybe.  I did get the lipstick off my face in time before my appointments today.  Had my first mammosite treatment today in the AM and second one 6 hours later.  The first one took longer with setup, WAITING (ugh), CT scan, but it went pretty fast once I was all hooked up (7 minutes).  Then met with the ONC and he has put me on Arimidex for the next month to see how it goes.   Also had a blood test for thyroid,  the CT scan found a multinodular goiter.  Doc didn't seem too worried but just wanted to check it out.  US scan tomorrow for that too.  Afternoon session went easy, in and out.  Back again tomorrow so I'll let you know how things go.  I'm not ""glowing"" yet!  Kitty

• tinkertude
             KITTY a little present for completing your first day!!!! :) hugs
  • tinkertude
     there it is lol
  • Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Really enjoyed the pool party. Especially the desserts AND the guests. Whew! My heart is still pounding!

Gained 2 lbs. Whoo Hoo! I know, I know, you all don't want to hear it but I needed to stop losing!

Had the Zometa today and for some reason already starting the fever. It usually comes the next day. Oh well maybe it will go faster this time. No test results yet and DH didn't get a job offer just a looks good, if we have an opening, we will call you. Blah! Hey, the plants all got planted and they look good, so it is a good day!

Foxy

• elimar
    KG2011,  You are ONE FIFTH DONE already!  Sorry you got an extra CT surprise (the goiter) but might as well take care of that too and be done with it.  Just think how sincere your TGIF will sound this week!
  • elimar

At BC.org there are so many forums and threads now, so many newer ones that have come (and gone) since I began this one.  Many threads start out as one thing and then evolve over time to something else.  This thread has gone thru some changes but it has stayed true to the original idea of a place to come and be welcomed, get info., blow off steam, get support and understanding, tell your story in your own words, laugh, snort and get silly and, of course, be middle-aged (as long as you want, haha!)

True factoid:  In the second year, this thread had TWICE AS MANY POSTS as it did in the first year.  Now, they weren't all me!   We are lucky to have a bunch of regulars posting, but I hope this thread will continue to entice and be relevant for Newbies to join right in. 

WHETHER YOU HAVE POSTED ONCE OR HUNDREDS OF TIMES, THANKS TO ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE CONTENT OF THIS THREAD, FOR KEEPING IT REAL AND KEEPING IT FUN! 

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

El- thank YOU for starting it!