MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

yes thank you for starting it and thank you all for being so welcoming!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Tink,  I don't even know if I welcomed you properly, because your avatar is so familiar I thought you had been here some time ago, but maybe I have just seen you on another thread.  Typical middle-age confusion.  Anyway, pleased to meet you here! 

• tinkertude

oh its ok i have posted on here a while back! but i think im back to stay this time :)

• elimar

So, my memory was right the first time.  I wonder how many individuals have posted on this thread?  That will have to remain a mystery...impossible to ever go back and count.  Well, possible, but torturous.  I wonder how many official lurkers we have...no way to know that either.  Shout out to our lurkers!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Eli - Thank you so much for starting this thread.  Not only has there been really good information and support here - there have been lots of fun times.  I am still sorry about the calling your puppy a "pink thing."  Hope you can forgive me.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

This is a great thread, very informative and helpful.  Also fun, and we sure can all use a little (or a lot) of that!

Kitty so glad everything went well today.  I start tomorrow.  We'll have to compare notes.

Foxy I so feel for you with the job hunting for your husband.  Mine has been looking for well over a year, and nothing.  It gets so depressing.  Really tough.  Here it is rare to even get any reply.  Personally I did get a reject letter from McDonald's a few months ago when they were doing their mass hiring.  Nice of them at least to tell me to get lost.

All the cakes are beautiful.....my mouth is watering. 

Take care one and all.  Sending higs as always!

Janis

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Lurker #1 reporting in!

Trish

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Hi Trish and welcome!

I for one am thrilled for this thread. I'm in this for the long haul with some others like Foxy but expect everyone to check in and let us know how they're doing as their lives get back to "normal" ( whatever that is now).

Anyone who wants to get to know my crazy family is welcome to PM me for my real life name and friend me on facebook. I keep my BC stuff away from there now - it's for everyday life only (got a carepage for that and if you want an invite to that just pm me your e-mail address).

Anyway I just want to thank E for starting this thread and everyone welcoming me when I wasn't sure I would be. I'd say you don't know how much it means, but I think you all do.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli thank you for starting this thread I love it.  Also thanks for the carrot cake I needed some extra vegetables today.

Trish welcome to the group and you are no longer a lurker your a middie

• justmejanis

Reesie I plan on sticking around, despite the fact my treatment will be relatively easy.  I just love the spirit of everyone here.  My treatment may be over soon, but my feelings for all of you will remain.  In your own way, each of you have touched my life in this very short time.  I so admire your guts and determination, your beauty and your humor.  I felt welcomed here right away.  This is a great group, and I plan to hang around.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Ditto on that Janis!  Eli - you've done a good thing here!  We're able to take it all on and still keep a sense of humor.  Don't know how I would cope with out you all!  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Can we do another party?  Oktober Fest?  Kitty

• elimar

Hi, prayrv!  (No, she's not a Newbie.  She pops in from time to time.)  Hope all is well.

• elimar

I have one more point of pride about this thread that I would like to share.  Because it has managed to remain a "catfight-free zone," we have NEVER had a post deleted here by "The Community" or The Moderators.  I like it that The Mods don't have to be "a presence" in this thread or, heaven forbid, show up to settle disputes.  In fact, there is only ONE post from The Mods, and that was on the day they created a Middle-Aged Forum at our request.  (Now there's some thread history for ya'.)

So we must be reasonably well-behaved.

Either that or The Mods aren't middle-aged and they're scared that it might rub off.

• elimar

KG2011, I'm sure we'll be celebrating some future something before too long.  Maybe when we hit 15,000 posts.  Although we try to add some Cheetos to the daily meat and potatoes (or tofu and quinoa for any vegetarian sisters) of this thread, we can't eat the cakes every day.  They would not be as special then.  Too much cake = Tummyache.

(Some of you newbies should check out the 2010 Party.  We even had celebrities stop by!)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Kitty and Janis good luck with rads. Just breathe and relax, it'll be over before you know it.

Foxy-sorry about your DH. They don't know what they are missing!!

Jo--Sending special thoughts for your friend, hope it is all a false alarm.

Eli, thanks for creating this thread and keeping it alive and kicking!! Party last night was a blast and I am so glad I don't have a hangover!! Did have to unbutton my top shorts button and wear my shirt out. Pheww!! So much cake!!!

Tomorrow I see my MO for my 3 month CU. Want to bitch about the Tamox and the hot flashes. Totally not enjoying those things. ICK. But other than that I want to beg to get my port out. She keeps putting me off. I just want this alien thing gone!!!! 

• elimar

And...POOF...I'm a Little Pink Doggie again.

Don'y worry, jo, I am usually the one who can't tell what the avatars are, and that's after squinting with reading glasses. So, now you know.

Eph,  You'll never have to fear being brainwashed, a mind that dirty will never come clean. Wink

cmb,  Be calm and assertive when you tell the MO that you want that port out even if you have to remove it yourself with a box cutter and a #5 crochet hook.  Remember, begging shows weakness.

• FLwarrior
    FLwarrior Member Posts: 614

I'm guilty...of lurking.  I thought of crashing the great party you had this weekend! 

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Dang fever still hanging on. Hope it goes away soon, I have little doggie customers today. Usually the Zometa SE's go away in about 12 hours or so. Had it at 11:30 yesterday. Just gripping a bit.

Foxy

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Oh, wow, I missed the party!  Got to get back into the habit of checking this thread every day!  This is a great thread, very supportive, very helpful, and able to handle differences of opinion without fighting!  Yeah for Middles! 

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Eli,

All is well thank you.  Cool  I was at the virtual party (via email notification)  Boy my email box was crammed full of cake!

Trish

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Good Morning to everyone.

Eli - This is one great thread.  We do seem to all get along - this has been one of my lifelines.  I see you changed your avatar back - it that my punishment for insulting your plush doggie???  LOL!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Sorry I missed the party looked like fun.  Its been two years since I had a suit on, so the next one I will be the first in the pool.  The closest I got to water was chaperoning my son's Band pool party Sat.  I also had my pj's lined up with my sock monkeys on them with slippers but got tied up.  Was playing Words with Friends this weekend.

• tinkertude

CMB.. GOOD luck at your Mo appt today! all will be well :)

Janis and Kitty good luck woth Rads!

Getting ready this morning to drop my son off for his first day of college classes.. where does the time go??

Have a great day ladies

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Eli I see the pink dog is back and thank you for this thread.  I love the fact there are no catfights on here.  I have been on some other threads that I think OMG I can't believe what they are saying, and the mods do have to show up. 

• elimar

Foxy,  If my Pink Doggy ever needs grooming, I'll bring him to you. 

Tink,  Is your son going to local college? Or do you have an empty nest now.  I have the best of both worlds.  Mine go to colleges in town, but live on or near campus.  So the nest is empty (read: cleaner) but they can easily stop by (read: so laundry) and visit (read: forage for food) severl times a week 

mjb,  I thought for sure we'd see you at the party, since you had your suit out from the previous day, but it sounds like you had a great weekend.

NativeM,  We missed you.  Also, Meece was visiting her grandbaby and Seyla888 was in Hawaii.  But you know what, I bet they were surprised when they each got an extra large pizza with anchovies that they never ordered, delivered to where they are staying.  Don't tell them it was me.

FLwarrior, You were invited!  (But it would have been extremely funny if 4-5 girls from another thread did crash the party with their tattooed biker boyfriends.)

• tinkertude

EL no empty nest yet He is going to the community college until he decides what he wants to do and he aslo has Aspergers so its gonna take him a little more time to get through it, no rush. He is the oldest though my daughter goes back to school next week, she will be a sophomore in HS. I laugh at what you wrote because as i am writing this she is blasting music and the house is a mess and laundry awaits lol.. you are soooo right!!!

off to sort through stuff!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

Re: the dental tech who was BRCA negative and told she would never, ever get breast cancer: I could see them being "positive" with her if, say, her mom was BRCA positive and she isn't, and therefore she wouldn't have the same risks as her mother had. But 85% of all breast cancers are NOT hereditary... I know that BRCA test results are considered "more meaningful" if a first degree relative is positive and you are not, but I'm not aware of anything that suggests that this means you'll never have to worry about it...

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Hey!!! My mind is pristine clean--no thoughts of any kind because I have no memory due to 1) excessive drinking, etc. for a long period of time 2) family genetics predisposing to Alzheimers 3) chemo brain....so I could be brainwashed it just wouldn't "take". 

• elimar
    LOL!  Tongue out
  • justmejanis

Eph..good one, LOL!  I needed a laugh this morning and this thread always seems to provide one.

Heading for my first radiation appointment today.  Not thrilled with this no deodorant thing!  Supposed to be 96 today and 100 tomorrow.  More of the same all week.  Yikes!  I'll be showering ten minutes before my appointments!  I know there are some things you can use in lieu of normal stuff (I have to have my Secret Baby Powder Scent).  I will ask lots of questions today.  Hopefully no stress, sadly I seem to sweat a lot!  Ugh.......

I hope everyone here is doing well...better than yesterday.  Sending hugs and happy thoughts to all!