MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Morning Janis!!!  I am so luckey that I dont work in the shop right now.  They are working at 5am so I woulda missed the water ballon fight, lol. 

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Yes, send those goldens right over. Lol. No, there is nothing quick about grooming them that's for sure! They are some of the happiest customers! Nothing seems to rattle them, just a happy go lucky personality.

Foxy

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Morning Barbe!  Happy Saturday.  I have never had a Cinnabon cinnamon roll, but my homemade from scratch ones are to die for.  I use real butter and cream cheese in the icing and put it on thick.  I think you might like.  I'll put double icing on yours!

• justmejanis

Foxy my two are both rescues.  One as an older puppy from a bad home. Rotten BYB.  That is my Murphy.  He will be 7 in November.  The there is Sampson...a gift from my son from a GR rescue in Colorado.  Big happy goofball!  Have had him just over five years.  He has a gorgeous coat.  Right now has a hot spot healing on the side of his face so wearing the lampshade.  Poor guy!  He is a wonderful spot after wearing it a week.  When we first put it on it was pathetic.  Suddenly he was crippled LOL!

How is your weather so far?  I know the storm is pounding NC.  Oops...my apologizies in advance to Elimar for mentioning the weather!  I'm still learning! :)

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Oh ladies - you have not had a cinnamon/coffee roll (frosted or glazed) until you've had one from Kane's Donuts in Saugus, MA - rated one of the top 10 donut shops in the US by "bon appetit" magazine.

Ginormous Coffee Roll

Prefer donuts - check out the honey dip.

Need I say more. 

• justmejanis

Oh hauntie...those look divine.  I have suffered culture deprivation living in Wyoming for so many years.  Actually I prefer the quiet life out there.  Still, Cheyenne, the capital, never even had a Crispy Creme!  They did finally get an Olive Garden in 2009.  Took about 2 months before we could get in, then it was kinda lousy.  They don't send the cream of the crop to Wyoming exactly!

• Hauntie

Janis - Crispy Creme came to Massachusetts a few years ago. They lasted about a year. We're Dunkin' Donuts territory. If you live near a small independent donut shop, like Kane's, Dunks is for coffee only.

• justmejanis

No Dunkin Donuts in Wyoming either!  No chain donut places.  Two local places, Mom and Pop, one had really good donuts the other one was not very good.  Of course we went to the good one now and then.  Local places usually are much better than the chains.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Ohhh, warm crispy kreme donuts. Yum yum! We still have them here in Va.

Irene isn't bad yet. That's all I'll say for now. Lol

I hate putting the lampshade on the dog. They are so humiliated...lol. I was a veterinary technician for many years before giving up medicine for beauty. They never told us in college that there are extremely stupid pet owners that will drive you insane! (and the pay sucks) Hot spots are a pain, but kept clean, dry and shaved they will heal pretty quickly. I have found that sulfur powder heals them quicker. If you want more info, pm me, I'll give you details.

Foxy

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Good Morning Ladies..

Janis I was up and down all night fell asleep at 1130 woke up at 3:30 fell back asleep at 6:00. If i would have known you were up too i would of hung around and whipped us up something fun to do ! :) hte nights like that!

Those cinnamon rolls look wonderful think im gonna pop some ion the oven.. good ol pillsbury lol

Still drying my hair off from last night lol... but what fun

Thats me spreading some pixie dust over all of you for a great day.

I am hoping to be back on lter and tonight as long as power holds up! so far all is calm not expecting anything to later.

Foxy you have Krispy Cremes by you? licky the closest one to me up up in Alexanddria and thats about 45 min . Plenty of dunkin donuts though!!!

time to make the cinammon rolls..... haha

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Oh my is it morning already?? 

9:00am is just too early for me!   Where's my coffee?   I'll take one of those donuts Hauntie, a roll from Jo with extra frosting please, and while your setting the table a croissant and V8 would be nice Janis  You know us kitties never do anything for ourselves.  Excuse me while I ...............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• justmejanis

Kitty!  Drink more coffee!  LOL..I went to sleep about midnight, wide awake and up since 3:00!  Okay, your wish is my command....

PLUS:

• KittyGirl2011

PURRRRRfect Yum!  Okay you convinced me to stay awake, at least until my mid-morning nap.  Thanks for the goodies!  Kitty

• justmejanis

You are so welcome!  Glad you are sticking around for a bit!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Thanks for having some cinamon rolls ready for me, now I have something to go with my tea.  Yum!

Seems like I missed the whole water balloon fight.  That might be a good thing.  We had nasty ones when growing up.  Vinegar in the water to make it stinky.  But what a great thing to do with catheter balloons!!!   Where did all those cats come from?  I thought I ordered an anchovy pizza for a minute.  Aaaaa--chooo!  Just a virtual sneeze.

• KittyGirl2011

Eli - I shaved just for you.  Does it help?

Kitty

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Janis - There was a place in Cheyenne that had the biggest and best cinammon rolls I have ever eaten.  Darn - I can't remember the name of the place and it probably isn't there any more.  I moved away in 1987 - such a long time ago.

• KittyGirl2011

Got to run some errands now so see ya later!

Kitty

• elimar

I didn't go into detail with Newbies about the weather before.  Yes, at one point I said we did not need  what I call "the lowest common denominator of small talk" to keep the topics flowing on here.  I think we all have B/C in common, and so much more that I would put ahead of weather as far as interesting things to bring up.

Now, it's not like it can never be mentioned.  See examples below as a guideline.

NOT O.K.:  "It was a lovely warm day here, 76 degrees, but we are supposed to have a big storm on the weekend."  (Followed by seven other "weather reports from various parts of the country.)  Yawn!  I watch the weather channel, so trust me, I know what the weather is in "your neck of the woods."

O.K.:  "Some lightening sturck a transformer down the block and our A/C went out.  I only got two hours of sleep, the rest of the time was all hot flashes."   That's not going to happen every day.

I know this is the first big hurricane of the season, people are gearing up for it, I get it.  I also know hurricane season goes thru' November and we could get all the way to one starting with letter "Z" and many of you will get big rainstorms but hopefully no one will get a roof torn off.  

If I posted something everytime I was in a tornado watchbox, you would think I was exaggerating. So unless I have to go get my shutters from the neighbors yard or lose a chimney cap to I don't know where, I don't even mention it.  

Finally, if you REALLY love weather on a daily basis, Meece was kind enough to make a weather thread called, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" for weather and more. 

• elimar

Now that I got the weather rant out of the way, let's move on to WEEKEND MYSTERY PIC.  This might be too easy...as you don't have to wonder what scale you are looking at.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Looks like spun glass to me but I think no one would be holding it barehanded then

• tinkertude

El. ok it reminds me of Easter basket grass...???? or a giant hairball lol.. nah thats not it! Vinergar in water baloons would be stinky I can assure yoy we did not do that last night, hope you join in next time

I have been doing the massage for my arm i found on youtube and it seems to be helping a bit so i will continue!

well Kitty here is a little bed for your nap!

sweet dreams see you later! :)

• KittyGirl2011

Thank you Tink, now I know I'm a princess!

Kind of went crazy at the farmer's market today.  Now I got all these nice veggies and I'm too pooped out to try an do anything with them.  I'm trying to eat right now since having BC but it sure is expensive!  I thought i read somewhere that we should be going organic, was that correct?  This confuses me because the doc told me that there was nothing I did or didn't do to get this beast.  So if it's not the enviorment, the food, or any other junk, then why does the reading say switch to organic?  I'm so confused

Kitty

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Mysteryf Pic - spun sugar, just like they do on TV for the competitions ... did I win?  did I win?

• Hauntie

Spun sugar is my guess, too. It's too shiny and fragile looking for cotton candy.

• tinkertude

Kitty I have heard from many well meaning people to go organic. My onc said the same thing it is nothing you did ate etc that gave you bc. My FIL wife is always on me to do that i finally said ok would you like to go to whole foods and shop for me. ??  I just try to make healthier choice honestly, not saying in ANY WAY that organic is not good or people shouldnt do it.I just understand your dilemma and confusion .I have read that sugars feed BC so i have cut back on that as I have a realy big sweet tooth and first time in years my Triclcerides were normal :).  Gosh I feel so wordy today..lol... in a nutshell im trying to say overall im doing a healthier lifestyle without being organic and yes i still enjoy my choc cake!! :)  Here is a little something for all of us to share!!!  ok ok so i started  and took a little piece :)

• tinkertude
    There it is!!!!
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery Pic guess - ball of fiberglass

• Mystery pic guess. Cat hairball

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Mystery pic:  bird's nest?

I haven't posted for a long time here.  It looks like I have been missing all the fun.  Pass a piece of that chocolate cake Tink.  That looks GOOD!