Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

How did surgery go kay? Hope you're feeling good!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Surgery went well.  I am feeling good.  I don't know though, half my arm and my breast with the reconstruction is still kind of numb.  And the breast feels hard.  I hope it is going to be okay.  I hate to have gone through that surgery for nothing.  But I am a worry wart.  The PS nurse says it is okay.  Will see PS 9/12 and then feel better.  Really looking forward to dinner with ChrissyB and you and the others!  Sorry I missed the dinner in August.  Had a funeral that day.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    Hi, kay 1963!  Glad the surgery went fine.  I'm sure a lot of the hardness is "surgical swelling" and you should notice it gradually getting better.  Same with the numbness.  Nerves that are just inflamed and irritated and should be back to normal after some weeks, but if nerves got severed it could take much longer for healing and regrowth, so keep the feedback channels open with your surgeon.  Friend of mine got her Recon. done at the beginning of the month and she still has some areas of numbness. 
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Some good guesses on the myster pic so far.  If you could hold it in your own hand, it would be a lot easier to guess than just looking at it.  Stay in suspense til tomorrow, and keep the guesses coming.

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324
    Thanks Tink for the clarification.  I do like the cake and eat some in moderation cause I need to count my carbs.  Dealing with type 2 diabetes also.  I like eating my healthy foods and have done so long before I got BC.  I just find that buying organic is often costly when the "regular" does just as well.  I do clean my veggies good before eating too.  So I guess I'm good and just going to keep up as before.  Thanks again for the cake!  YUM!!Smile  Kitty
  • Kay_G

Hey Kitty, it can be very expensive to try to go organic.  I am just doing it for the items that they say are especially "dirty", the dirty 12 I think they call them.  Mostly things that you would eat the skin, like apples, potatoes, strawberries, cherries, pears, peaches, spinach, grapes.  Other things that you don't eat the skin like watermelon, oranges, bananas, I don't worry about organic.The vegetables I eat the most (broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts) aren't supposed to be "dirty" either.  Just my compromise on the issue.

Thanks for that Elimar.  The nurse did say she thinks it is swelling.  I hope so.  My abdomin is still hard from the swelling too. 

Is that a hint on the pic?  Is it angora?

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Kay I had the DIEP last july and i still have some stomach tightness. Its to the point that i hardly notice it but it does take awhile.... keep healing :)

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Tink I want to thank you for that wonderful looking cake.  I have recently been diagnosed as well with Type II Diabetes.  I really shouldn't.....but think I will sneak a small slice. 

I was busy all day just doing odds and ends around the house.  Nothing interesting.  How is everyone tonight?  I hope you all are well, and safe.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Eli - Beautiful picture at the top.  

Hope every one is doing well tonight - saying prayers to all the east coast gals. 

• justmejanis

Yes Eli love the rainbow!

Is it cotton candy?  I am stumped! 

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

a brief weather update....I don't know how you FL gals handle this all the time .. I'm watching the water build in my basement and outside is insane, and we're still on the edge..not in the main part of hte storm for a few hours. I always liked living the NE section because we had moderate weather - this s*it sucks!!!

• marlegal

P.S.  I still hold with my guess on the mystery pic of spun sugar, and I want a piece!!!  When  do we find the answer Eli?

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

It looks like Easter grass from a basket

• reesie

On the lines of marlegal's spun sugar how about spun honey

• justmejanis

I am thinking fiberglass, or some type of insulation? 

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

The east coast girls might find some if the mystery picture left behind---I say it's a giant wad of fishing line

• marlegal

Joni, nooooo!!!!!  i've been caught in fishing line when walking the beach at night - hub and I almost did a scene from that movie ...from here to eternity... we literaly rolled around in the sand when we both walked into a fishing line. of course, we'd had a couple drinks so we jsut laughed and laughed ... but next day realized how dangerous it really could have been. one of my best silly memories though

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Mystery pic reminds me of the dustbunnies I find under my son's bed!! : )

Marlegal, love the beach story! Great to have those kind of memories!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

elimar ~ The picture at the top is stunning. I love bare trees, single, solitary....... The rainbow, the light. It is beautiful.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Morning girls.  It was a busy Saturday.  Spent the day with my mom and sissy shopping.  We had a blast like always.  I even drove, it was a nice time.  Found some boots that I fell in love with, but just coudnt pay that price though.  Plus they had a wedge heel that was so high I woulda broke my neck walking in them.  I'll stick with my low to no heel. 

• Kay_G

Well no power since about10 last night. I am really running my phone low using Internet, but I'm all alone. It is just amazing how isolTed you feel when you lose power. Hopefully they'll get it back on before too long.

• tinkertude

Kay thinking of you and hoping all is ok!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Sugar does NOT feed cancer!!! That falacy starts with a PET scan where they use glucose to find hot spots. It just means that the cancer finds ANY quick fuel. You eating a piece of cake will NOT feed cancer.

As for organic??? I'd rather have something that my body is used to that is clean of bugs and molds please. I mean really...in Walmart, organic lettuce here, right beside them regular ones. Duh. How do they know?? A stamp? Really? How clever of the farmer.....

Praying for the east coast gals...hope to hear from them soon!!!

• tinkertude

All is well in Northern Va Irene has past us and we are good, very lucky actually!

Reesie how was it down in Richmond?

Barbe1958.. Couldnt agree with you more on the organic issue!  What does a stamp show? Many women who have been  eating organic still get BC a  good friend of mine was not only a vegetarian but she only ate organic and she still got it, I think moderation is the key for all around good health.. have a good day.

going to head out of the neighborhood and see how it looks!

good day ladies!

• justmejanis

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone out east is faring well.  It seems like many of you are without power.  I hope everyone is up and running soon. 

Headed out to take the dogs for their walk and get my day going.  Just wanted to say hello, and hope everyone is doing okay.

I had another bumpy night with little sleep.  Very annoying to say the least.  I even met up with Hauntie in the wee hours on the insomnia thread!

• Ladies

Hope all is well. Marlegal love the beach story what a fun memory. Kay (hugs). Hopefully power will be restored soon. I agree it is always worst when the power is out and you are alone. Do you have a car charger for the phone that may tied you over.

• reesie

Tink/Barbe we're doing okay here. Thanks for asking.

A little water in the basement but not bad. Sounds like part of town is out of power but not here.

I think Foxy is in Richmond, I'm in Jersey near Philly.

Janinnj how're things near the ocean?

• Scuba_duchess
    Scuba_duchess Member Posts: 435

Well, have survived Irene in downtown Philly. Am still recovering from BMX on 8/8/11, so had to scramble to make sure all drugs were refilled. Am hoping this topic helps me learn a bit about my new normal. Had LAT reconstruction as well, so it will take a bit until I get there. Just grateful not to feel alone, and hopefully not be taking my stress out on my DH, now in all fairness, needs his own stress outlets. Thanks!

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Good morning ladies. I know this is weather related so I'll give a brief report. We survived Irene with minimal damage. Several trees down on our property that took down some fencing, one on a neighbor's car and one that narrowly missed the barn and is still hung in another tree. 75% of metro Richmond has no power which includes us. They say it could be a week for everyone to be restored. I hope not! We are very lucky,so many people had terrible damage and several deaths. It will take us weeks to clean up all the debri. Had a lovely breakfast on the Coleman stove this morning and thankfully the generator runs the coffee pot perfectly! The hot flashes are terrible without AC. That's my biggest complaint and no running or hot water. It won't be too long before we will start stinking around here and have to go search for a shower somewhere..lol

Foxy

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

scuba duchess- Hope you are healing.  Are you going on to Chemo or Rads or have you already been through that?

Reesie- We made out fine here.  The sump pump in the basement is running non stop but other than that we are fine.  Lost power for about an hour last night.  My daughter in Sommers Point had water 1/2 way up their front lawn but didn't came clear to the house.  They don't have a basement.  Had to move the cars to the backyard.  Calm here now.