MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377

I'm with you Juanelle and Marybe lets build him with really nice lips for long makeout sessions and then a really nice body like the french boy for the overall visual effects, he was one hot man and looks so good naked in the shower!

I was single for a very very long time and always said I wanted an android man pre-programmed just for meTongue out Wish I had gotten him!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

OMG, you guys are great!  These are very do-able things (except maybe the guy-building, but what a worthwhile hobby that would make.)   Now that you mention it, Kleenex, I have a similar tendency to get on the phone with a friend for a nice long gab.  I'm a transplant too, so some of my oldest friends don't live nearby, we don't get to talk all that often, so it's always a mood lifter and relaxer.  Barbe1958, you reminded me of two things I used to do and I could easily enjoy again...one is play guitar.  I have one, but I'm a beginner's beginner and it's been sitting in the case for a couple years now.  The other is video game Tiger Woods GOLF.  Thought I'd hate it/be terrible at it, but it was kind of fun and relaxing.  Used to do Yoga also, that is a good one.  Keep on with the sharing.  I'm going to see how bad the guitar sounds after sitting all that time.  

• nanatotwo
    nanatotwo Member Posts: 1

I am 57.  I was diagnosed this year on my 57th birthday in March.  I had a normal mammogram last year; this year a tumor; had a core biopsy which told that I had carcinoma and I was HER+.  I had my surgery on April 17th and started chemo on May 27th.  I had six treatments every three weeks; had to have 3 Nulasta shots; I had radiation as well which I thought was worse than chemo!!!!  I look like a bbq chicken.  The hardest part was when I had to shave my head.  Instead of seeing me in the mirror, I saw a cancer patient.  I worked through all my treatments except the last one (that one was the worst for me).  It is amazing how much strength we have to get through this.  I didn't think I would make it.  I had support from my family which helped.  My husband came to every appt. and treatment with me; my daughter came when she could (she has two small children).  I did my best to keep a positive attitude.  I told my doctors I was going to beat this because I wanted to dance at my grandkids' weddings.  When I lost my hair, my husband shaved his head.  He said he didn't want me to go through the hair loss alone.

I have finished treatment and will have the port out next month.  I start Aromisin next month to stop the production of estrogen (my tumor was 100% estrogen positive).  I am positive that I have beat this disease.  I have met many women who have gone through what I did or who are going through treatment now.  I tell them that we are going to be survivors because that is what I truly believe.

Karen

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    nanatotwo, hello!  It's your first post ever, and you have been through so much already before finding your B/C sisters here.  Sounds like you have a fighting spirit AND your head-shaving husband sounds awesome!!!  Nice to meet you.
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Ok-2 things, if I'm not too late. #1: stress relievers-for me it's been playing spider solitare on the computer.  I totally zone.  #2: I vote for a combo of Antonio Banderos, John Corbett, Sean Connery, George Strait, and George Clooney! But mostly Antonio!

Joni 

• eph3_12

How could I forget-Howie Long, former Oakland Raider, now tv pitchperson.  Haaaaaaaaaannndsome!

• AmyIsStrong
    AmyIsStrong Member Posts: 426

Nana - I am curious about something you wrote. You said you are Her2+. Are you getting Herceptin? If so, are you getting it for a year?  I have to have it for a year and can't get my port out until the end. It seems fast to me for you to be getting your port out based on the dates you posted. Or maybe I am confused.

Thanks

Amy

• one-L
    one-L Member Posts: 653

karen, glad that you have found us.  This is a wild and crazy group, just plan on spending hours reading daily, we are a pretty active group.  As you can see we are trying to come up with our perfect virtual man.  He will be interesting if we ever get him built.

My grandkids are my stress relievers.  If I have a bad day at the doctor, then I go see my grandson.  He is always good for a laugh or two and he loves me unconditionally.  He keeps life level for me.  My granddaughter doesn't live near us, but I have also been to see her when I was having a particularly hard time.  When you are with the grandkids you just have to concentrate on them and nothing else matters.

What a looker our guy will be.

Have a good weekend all.

Juannelle

• queenlurker
    queenlurker Member Posts: 34

Karen-welcome.  Love the thoughtfulness of your husbands shaving his head. I vote for any great head of hair on our virtual man that is willing to shave it off.  Would prefer no facial hair though....

Sweet dreams middies, very sweet dreams

• Nebraskagrandma
    Nebraskagrandma Member Posts: 137

Welcome Karen

Joni,

I don't remember seeing you here before, if so welcome to you also. .............

Good Night Middles !

• BetsyBuzz
    BetsyBuzz Member Posts: 29

I'm a yay for Johnny...loved Benny & Joon. Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington and Nic Cage are also right up there. I like them dark an handsome.

Karen - I got my port out in Sept. after 4 dd A/C and 4 dd taxol (6 neulasta shots) then 33 rads w/7 boosts. In some ways, I wish my port was still in. I'm a very difficult blood draw and last week my first post port blood draw they nicked the vein and I bled out into my elbow and arm. Just today, about a week out the swelling is going down.

Elimar - My mom fell this past week. She over slept and was late for her bridge group and tripped over her oxygen cord, landed on her tank. She hit her head and apparently has a whopper of a bruise - she's on cumidan. I told my siblings, when I visit her next week we can compare bruises, I suspect hers will be much worst than mine. It's hard being part of the sandwich generation. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

• cmharris59
    cmharris59 Member Posts: 111

Hi All,

It is hard being in the middle. Sometimes I don't know if I am the meat of the sandwich or the cheese, and then I think I might just be the lettuce.

For stress relief, I crochet, paint and work on miniatures. I have 4 dollhouses and about 7 roomboxes that are a work in progress.

•   I was just posting on another thread and remembered Patrick Dempsy....how could I forget those eyes.  Sorry to be so one trackminded here that I wake up thinking about the perfect man we are going to create.  We must give this more thought if he is going to shave his head, Some of these guys would not look all that good without their hair.   Welcome Karan and Joni. 

CM....I used to collect miniatures.  I didn't do anything with them, but loved to look at them, all the tiny little details. I doubt if I would have the patience to make and paint them.  I was working on a Christmas tree skirt lhat night and got mad and quit because the tension on my sewing machine is messed up and the thread kept breaking. 

• Nebraskagrandma

Hugh Jackman minus one shirt

Don't know how I could have forgotten Hugh Jackman !!  ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Nebraskagrandma

Hugh Jackman

he also looks great with clothes on !

• eph3_12

I've been lurking in the corner for a week or 2!  Love the sense of humor and comradaire (sp) on this thread!  So who's technogeek enough to build the man; I am dying of curiousity to see the result.

Joni

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I want dibs on trying him first!

• Kleenex
    Kleenex Member Posts: 310

I won't be trying anything - I like the mental entertainment of this ideal man as "eye candy," but my libido may have been unintentionally removed along with the tumor, or perhaps it's being Tamoxified into non-existance. You go for it, Barbe!

• Kleenex

Okay - had to add this. I was amused a couple of years ago by possible damage being done to my brain by living in Mom World. What triggered this is that I noticed that I found an ANIMATED man in a cartoon alluring: Kronk, from The Emperor's New Groove. He's big and strong, he cooks, he's good-looking, I'm smarter than he is - he was the perfect man. That's when I knew it was time to start watching Big Girl Movies again. Thank goodness I never had the hots for Barney...

• eph3_12
    Kleenex-LOL- Here's Kronk in real life!  Not too bad!  Joni
  • Nebraskagrandma

Hi All,

If you click on Joni's man picture it takes you to more pictures of him Wink Oh yeah and I like his voice too.........

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

This is Chris Daughtry from American Idol.

I pm carolinachick the picture. She mentioned his name in her post.

Since he is one of my favorite ( as a son ) why not share it with you all!

SheilaWink

• Kleenex

I'm not seeing anything to click on - Joni? Paula?

• sheila888

click on the red X in the square.

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618
    I am in the same boat Kleenex, I don't see a red x in a square on any of Joni's posts???Undecided
  • sheila888

What do you see?

• Meece

Just this:

Kleenex-LOL- Here's Kronk in real life! Not too bad! Joni

• sheila888

Is there a blank space between LOL & Here's?

I try to bring the link in my next post.

• Meece

Nope, I just copied it and pasted it into the last post.  Just the dash in between.