Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

mbjmiller, Since janis already got you a cake...

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

mjbmiller - we must have a banner

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

mjbmiller happy cancerversary, woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The smoke has been really bad here.  We have had small fires here locally but nothing compared to Bastrop.  It has just been so hard on all the firefighters.  Everywhere, they seem to be needed locally and afar.  They say this is the worst drought since the 50's and alot of cattle owners went busted during that time and lost their land.  Not that I want anyone to have a hurricane but we should could use the rain.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    I think she means it is her BIRTHDAY birthday, not the cancerversary.  Last year didn't count because she had too much treatment going on to celebrate when it was birthday time.
  • Sherryc

Eli--Well gee sometimes I am just slow

mjbmiller Happy Birthday and hope it is a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

Yes it is my Birthday Birthday, DH and DS are taking me out to eat, found this great Chinese restaurant.  May try that.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Happy Birthday mjbmiller!!!  I wish you many, many more too.  Enjoy your dinner tonight.  Hopefully someone better than me will come along and give you a nice, hunky George Clooney for an extra present.  And if they do, I hope you're more of a sharer than the last b-day celebrant, who wouldn't share him with me.  :(  Of course, it's your day, so it's your way.  Enjoy!!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Happy birthday mjbmiller!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Big birthday wishes to you mjbmiller!  Hope you have a wonderful dinner out.  I love Chinese food.  Yum!

Okay the appointment today with my RO was basically a big bust.  I gave him the report from the ER and he too refused to give me any real diagnosis.  He said it could be Costcochronditis, not sure.  He said whatever it was, he felt it was totally unrelated to the radiation.  Of course not!  So really I have no answers to my mystery ailment, but it feels so much better today.  I am grateful for that.  He gave me a prescription for topical Lidocaine to help numb the breast surface.  It is pretty red and sore and my underarm really is sore.  He also ordered an ultrasound for the thyroid nodules.  He said it was probably nothing, and he will go over the results with me when I see him next Thursday.  So, my appointment is for tomorrow afternoon at 12:45.  Then I wait.........

Hope everyone is okay and having a great day!

• Sherryc

janis hoping that the US comes back B9.  I used a lidocaine cream at the end of rads and it did help.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Happy Birthday MJB!!!!  Enjoy it!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

BJ- Happy Birthday.!!!  Do all those fun things this year that treatment took away from you last year.

Janis-Glad you are feeling better.  Pain like that sounds scary. glad you spoke up.

Peesie- Hope you are healling and resting.

• lynniea
    lynniea Member Posts: 336

Happy Birthday MJ

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902

Happy Birthday, MJ!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJB!!!!!!

"MAY YOU LIVE A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE." 

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Happy B-day MJB!!!

Janis- glad to hear you are feeling better.  Smile  Hope the US comes out as good as mine did and you will have no worries to pester you any more on that front.  Hope your "coney" dog is doing better too.  Today I had some pain at the incision site while at work.  Doesn't look like an infection but could be the delayed effects of the HDR now coming on.  Got pretty tired too.  Good thing only a partial day tomorrow and Saturday off.  YAHOO!!   Kitty 

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Well, I wasted a couple of hours at the urgent care clinic and ER this morning. The urgent care clinic wouldn't touch me. They said the procedure had to be done in a ER with Xray to locate the spot. They didn't want to risk puncturing my lung???? "Let me lay on my side for you. You see that soft ball shaped thing in my chest that looks like a boob, where there shouldn't be a boob. Stick the needle in and suck it out, stupid."

No luck at the emergency room either. "It's not that bad. You have no infection. You should be ok until you see your MD on Monday... "Then I call my BS and talk to her secretary. Tell her about going to the ER. First words out of her mouth "You didn't let them aspirate it, did you?" What is the big deal! I have an 8:15 a.m. appointment with my BS on Monday. Meanwhile, I'm back to wearing the f***ing binder. I swear I'm going to burn this thing when this is all over.

Having a wonderful visit with DB#1. I'm staying until Saturday. Today was the first day it didn't rain. Lot's of flooding here. I walked across the Hudson River on a foot bridge - pretty cool. Although the Hudon looks more like the muddy Mississippi right now. Going to a dance with Zydeco music tomorrow night. I won't be dancing but the music should be great.

MJB - Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, ... Hope you had a great dinner with your family.

Janis - Sorry you didn't get a difinitive diagnosis re your pain. The NP was the one who diagnosed me. My rads were 17 years ago and on the other side, so I don't think it had anything to do with them. Antiinflammatory meds did the trick. The pain was totally gone in a few days.

Hey Reesie - How are you doing? Hope all is well and  you're healing quickly.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Hauntie, so sorry to hear you were not able to get the fluids drained.  How frustrating that must be.  I know how uncomfortable you must feel with the stoopid binder!  Grrrr.....I am happy to hear though that your trip is fun! 

Kitty I understand the fatigue, it is just starting for me.  Not bad but I notice it.  Glad you have a short day tomorrow and Saturday off.  Get some rest please!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Hauntie, it sounds like somebody at that clinic skipped anatomy class!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Holy crap! All the doc has to do is put a needle SLIGHTLY under the derma into the area of fluid and let the needle do the work!! He's not performing a tracheotomy for heaven's sake!!!

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Hauntie.. unbelievaable!. hope your ok and not to uncomfortable through the weekend

Janis.. hope your doing ok today thinking of you and sending all good thoughts your way

we have had so much flooding here my DD school wouldnt release them yesterday all student drivers needed to wait and all the rest had to wait in school until their parents came. Took DH a long time to get to her as the main road right in fron of her school was closed. Schools in the are all closed today! wow. first time here for rain that has happened..

hope everyone is sae and having a good day!

Maria

• Kay_G

Hauntie, that's a shame that you still have to deal with the fluid.  But I'm glad it didn't cut short your visit with your bro.  It would seem to be the perfect kind of thing for an urgent care center to do (to me any way).  Hope it doesn't bother you too much on the ride home.  My DH and I went to a Zydeco concert about 6 weeks ago.  I have never even heard of it before, but it was great!  I loved the music.  Have fun!

Reesie, hope you're feeling well.  Thinking of you.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi girls, just a pop in to wish Reecie a good recovery and to say once again, I had a whole lot of fun meeting your girls at Fridays!

This morning is my last morning in Jersy as I'm on the plane and off to North Carolina this afternoon.  Hope all are doing well and those who are affected by the flooding, I sure hope you stay safe.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Safe travels Chrissy!

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Well I've tried many times to post the mystery pic - can you ladies see it?

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Here it is!!!!!

Good luck

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers everyone. I think I'm finally starting to wake up lol. Pain's actually not too bad just wish I could mOve :)

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Happy Birthday MJBMiller!

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Wow!  The mystery pic already.  My guess is a curtain made from woven fabric.

• Kay_G

Reesie, hi!  Glad you're awake and the pain is at least tolerable.

I think the mystery pic is a bicycle tire?