Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Congrats Grandma Foxy!  I found that a baby granddaughter was so much fun!  I had only boys so kind of went crazy shopping when she came along which I'm sure you will too AFTER YOU REST!

The picture looks like the old car seat covers we used to have on my DH's old truck.  They were very itchy if you sat on them too long! 

Janis- hope your wait isn't too awful this time.  I'll think positive vibes for you.

Reesie- hope your getting your rest still and healing well.   Kitty

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Very clever guesses ladies!!!

Here's my hint:  You see me everyday, going forwards and going backwards.

hehehe

Trish

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

congratulations foxy

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

mystery pic ... close-up of a car's tail light?

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Congrats Gma Foxy!  I cant wait to see some pictures of her!

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

Finally got some real rest this afternoon. Thank you all for the well wishes and congrats! Everything seems to be going well. She is so beautiful! Yes, Elimar, it won't be long before I'm fitting her with a new hunting jacket and a cute little pony!

I can't post pics from my phone, so I think Janis is going to try for me. Thank you Janis!!

Everyone has said how it feels to be a grandma... I didn't get it, now I do! It is wonderful.

Foxy

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Congrats Foxy. Ragan Marie is one lucky little girl to have you for a Grandma.

Made it home in 5 hours. I had to stop for a nap on the way. Within an hour of getting home, my relaxing vacation was over. A co-worker didn't wait for a response from me as to the most up-to-date document and updated an old document. Now I have to combine the 2 into 1 correctly updated document. My printer is on the fritz, so I can't print out the documents to compare. The washing machine isn't agitating. I, however, am agitated enough for both of us. Grrrrrrr It's no big deal. This too shall pass. 

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Huantie= Vacations are great but now back to the real world.  Glad you madew it home and made some great memories

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    prayrv,  Your clue is almost as annoying as that snarky little laugh.  I am so perplexed now but have, at least, ruled out a vacuum cleaner, iron and anything that could clean a window.
  • KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Okay, I'm guessing how about the cloth you attach to a swiffer.  Kitty

• Paula66

a toothbrush!!!!!!!

• Congratulations Foxy! I am so looking forward to becoming a grandma someday....

I hope you're continuing to get better Reesie.

My dear husband and I are at Hilton Head. We arrive here this evening....our first visit. Does anyone know of the best places to eat here and their favorite things to do?

I hope everyone has a blessed, peaceful Sunday!!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
  • justmejanis

I am sorry, but I cannot figure out how to post a picture on here from an e-mail.  I feel so stoopid.  I am so sorry.  I have been trying for over an hour and I am about half crazy.  I tried reading the tutorial but might as well be Greek.  I have no idea where to even find a URL...I am just lost here.  I have tried copying, cutting, pasting and everything else I can think of.  I have never been computer savvy at all.

I can only tell you how incredibly gorgeous this little girl is.  I am sure Foxy will get photos to you all soon.  I feel so bad.........Cry

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

I think YaYa nailed it!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Congratulations Foxy! I bet she is beautiful and I love the name.

My little Granddaughter is 4 1/2 and I love her to pieces - she has a place in my heart that when I haven't seen her for a while, just aches. I haven't seen her since July & I'm so overdue to hold her & love on her. We talk on the phone & that helps a little. We're going up early Oct. and I can hardly wait. (she's 7 hours north of me) Cry

Enjoy the little sweetie!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

All this talk of grandbabies makes me jealous!! It's going to be a long while for me--I hope at least--youngest is 15 and the oldest is a soph at UF. When 1st DS moved into his dorm last month, my youngest DS looks at the girl's names on the door across the hall from his bro's and announces " I don't want to be an uncle yet!" ( the dorm floors went co-ed this year) His older bro has yet to go on a date yet so I'm not hugely concerned about that happening just yet!! Now in my college days, we couldn't have boys on our floors after 9, 10 on weekends. Boy do I feel old!! 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Mystery pic is a rearview mirror????

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

cmblastic, That is funny how different colleges are.  We are about the same age, there were no such restrictions at my college.  Floors were coed.  Bathrooms, however were either male or female.  My son is now in his second year of grad school.  Undergrad he went to the same school as me.  Even the bathrooms were coed when he went. 

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

Good afternoon ladies,

Everyone came up with wonderful and imaginative answers, so with out any further ado -

The winner of the Weekend Mystery Pic......

YaYa5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was right - it is a very closeup picture of the reverse taillight lens of my dd's toyota. 

Have a great Sunday all!

Trish

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    So, YaYa5, gets all the glory for her keen observational powers this week; and the honor of posting the Mystery Pic next Saturday.  Way to know your car parts, up close and personal, Yaya!
  • YaYa5
    well, i'm be damned!  i can't believe i was right.  how fun!  i'll need your help, girls.  i have my 3rd TCH tx tomorrow, so if i forget, please remind me here.  i check in a lot.  Kiss
  • jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Congrats YaYa on correctly guessing this week's mystery pic.

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Congrat YaYa and good luck with the treatment.  This 3 out of how many?

Just got home From a great concert.  One of the chiors my DH sings with did a 9/11 memorial concert of patriotic music at the Kimmel Center.  It was a 150 voice chior with full symphony orchestra and some great soloist.  Everything from Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy to the Star spangle Banner.

• YaYa5
    jan, it's the 3rd of 6 txs.  half way there!! 
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Kay- I lived in a girls' dorm, one of 4 at my school at the time. There were co-ed dorms at the time, but my parents weren't too cool about me being that close to that many boys!! Heeheehee. WeOur dorm was connected to the only all boys' dorm on campus. Talk about a bunch of mamas' boys!! And we still managed to have our fun!! But I should say I went to FSU the year after Ted Bundy and that was the first year that dorm front doors were locked on campus. Needless to say, the school was pretty strict about  locking doors and curfews after that whole mess.

• Paula66

Good Luck YaYa.  You can do it!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Been off of the boards most of the weekend.  Foxy congrats on the new grandbaby.  GD are wonderful

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

YAYAY Good luck! wishing you the best!

• justmejanis

YaYa...don't lose that big shining smile.......wishing you much luck as you proceed.  Congrats on guessing the mystery picture!

janinnj....the concert sounds wonderful!  You must be proud that your husband participated in such a meaningful event.  That is awesome!