Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• tinkertude
    tinkertude Member Posts: 1,998

Reesie.. best wishes with your surgery!

Sherry.. hugs and praying for you and your family!

• Reesie

Wishing you all the best today with your surgery. Speedy recovery

Damn iPad double posts a lot but double rain for our TX sisters wouldn't be too bad

Liz

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Liz I'll take the triple prayer for rain.

Reesie I pray everything goes well for your surgery and can't wait for someone to post pictures of your get together last night.

Foxy I read about your friend on FB.  One of my friends is friends with her and had posted her name and phone number so if anyone had some extra pens that they could help her out.  I sure hope someone was able to help and take the sheep.

Thanks all for the comments.  I heard from the brother that was to evacuate his house.  They got all packed but ended up staying and watching.  So far so good.  If the wind will stay down they will be OK, if it picks back up today who knows.  They are still on alert.  Have not heard from the other brother about his land yet, he may not know anything since he does not live on the property and they have the roads closed.

Annette, you must have your head in the a pail, hehe.  Seriously it is very bad in Bastrop County. But I also saw this morning that it has made all the national news as well.

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320

Hi everyone - thanks for your welcome and your advice.  I'll be researching more today but I am leaning toward no to chemo.

We all think we have problems until we read about others. Car accidents, fires, etc. You ladies are one tough & brave group.

I'll pray for rain for Texas Sherry!

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Yes, Rain for all of Texas please!  My son lives there and says it's very bad right now.  Hope this week goes good for everyone.  Reesie - I'll be thinking of you today and have a good result when you wake.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

thanks Nativemaine, and foxy,

That makes sense. I was just curious. I am almost done with chemo, one more to go, but keep seeing adds for a chemo pill pop up.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    reesie, i'm thinking about you today.  Praying that all goes well.
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

(((((((((((((((((((Reesie))))))))))))))))))))))

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Reesie,  Hope everything goes well with your surgery.  Thinking of you.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

((((((((Reesie)))))))))

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Also hoping Reesie has successful, minimal-pain surgery. 

Eli, where did you find that picture, I thought I had lost it! I've never been shy...notice how I'm looking right at the camera!

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hi all!  I thought I'd post this for Reecie.......we had a wonderful night!!!   I loved meeting the girls that could make it.

From the left, Kay1963, Hauntie, myself, Dotty and Reecie.  Centre front are the 'Travelling Pants'.

Hoping Reecies surgery goes well for her.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Chrissy - Thanks for posting the picture - what a lovely group of ladies.  Can't wait to see you on October 1st in San Antonio.

• Sherryc

Chrissy thanks for posting the pick I am with Jo can't wait to see you Oct 1st

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

I made it back from New Jersey. It was a rainy ride. Awesome time last night. I'm so glad I made the trip. Really tired right now. Will post more later.

Reesie - been thinking about you all day. Hopefully your surgery is over and your resting comfortably.

• tinkertude

Great Pic Hauntie! thanks for posting looks like everyone is enjoying, So glad you had a good time :)

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Chrissy, tell me the story behind those pants - guessing they're travel pants, but give us details!

• tinkertude

oops sorry Thanks Chrissy for posting! Hauntie still gld you had a good time lol!!!

• janinnj
    janinnj Member Posts: 63

Reesie- Hoping to hear soon that the surgery went well and accomplished what it was supposed to.

Sherry- Instead of building a pipeline to Texas for oil from Canada they should be working on a way to send some of the East Coast flood water your way.

Glad everyone had fun with Crissy and Hauntie got home safely.

• Foxlairfrm
    Foxlairfrm Member Posts: 126

What a great picture. It looks as if everyone had a great time. I was supposed to go to the Outer Banks next week to meet up with Chrissy and some of the girls but my daughter is being induced Friday morning and I just can't make it. I sure wish I could go!

Hoping Reesie is doing ok.

Foxy

• sherrybaby
    sherrybaby Member Posts: 18

I am 42 yo and was diagnosed with IDC less than a month ago. I am sitting at home now recovering from my mastectomy and trying to prepare for my chemo. I just wanted to say how much I  appreciate everyone posting their experiences. It has been very reassuring to me. Hopefully I will be able to add something once my journey countinues.

• Sherryc

sherrybaby welcome to this thread even though I am very sorry you had to join us here.  This is a great group of ladies and feel free to ask question or come if whine if you are having a bad day.  We all do from time to time.  Keep us posted on your treatment.

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    sherrybaby, welcome!  you'll learn so much here and all the ladies are sweet as can be.  i always feel safe when i'm on the boards here.  stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.
  • tinkertude

sherrybaby... welcome and im sorry we had to mee t like this. There is a great group of ladies here. Anything we can do to hep support whatever you need we are here.Please keep us posted on your treatment... hugs!

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Thinking of Reesie and hoping to hear good news really soon.

I love the picture of all the ladies together.  Looks like a f=great group and glad so much fun was had by all.

Sherry i am so sorry about those fires, espcially the impact on your brother's place.  How scary.  I wish I just just make it rain for you. 

Tired tonight, but wanted to say hello to everyone.  Hoping tomorrow I'll be able to catch up.

• Sherryc

Good news ladies the fires did not get either brothers property.  We still need another day of no wind.  They say that if the wind kicks up tomorrow they could still spark back up.

• tinkertude

Sherry glad to hear the good news, Will be praying it doesnt start back up.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Sherry - Glad to hear the news - I know you were worried about your brothers.

Welcome Sherrybaby - Sorry we had to meet like this.  This is a great group of ladies with lots of very good information.  Please keep posting and bring those questions I know you must have. 

• Welcome Sherrybaby! Though I'm sorry for the reason you have to be here.

Praying for Reesie and all the people in Texas dealing with the wildfires....

• Thank you, everyone, for the kind words and good wishes! We all seem to be fine. The insurance company totaled my van, unfortunately, and since it was old they won't give us much for it either though we always had maintained it well. We know we will end up having to spend more money to replace and we're a bit bummed about that right now but thankful that we are all okay. I'm just sore in a place where I'm used to being sore these last four months! hehe...