Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

LC-Barb58...  

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

Mystery pic guess - petrified rock???

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Claire, she is Barb, I AM Barbe!! Actually, in real life, I'm Barbara!!

Barb, you are still recovering from the anesthetic from the sounds of the nausea and weakness....give yourself some good downtime so you can heal!!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

moth's wing....

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246

feel better soon barb

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195

I think a moth's wingUndecided

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    I was trying to figure out what a moths wing had to do with Barbe and then DOI I realized it was MP guess.Embarassed
  • cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

sorry barbe--I was being generous with my e's-- I did mean LovesChristmas tho. . . 

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Loves Christmas...everyone heals in a different way and many things can play a factor.  Don't focus on how others recovered quickly.  You will get there!  Surgery of any kind is a shock to the body.  Gets lots and lots of rest.  Healing and energy will return in good time.  Take good care.  Sending speedy healing hugs! 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

ChristmasBarb - I do hope that you feel better soon - take the time to let your body heal as it needs.

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Barbe, hope you're feeling better. I agree with everyone else, all are different. Take it easy until you feel up to more. I believe that is what your body is telling you to do.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

A  tree stump?

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369

Barb - I hope you're feeling better soon. Everyone's healing process is different. Anesthesia can really take a toll on you. Then, once it wears off, and I start feeling the full effect of what's been done to my body, I usually feel like I've been run over by a mack truck. Take it easy and rest up. I know, it must be hard to be out of comission, especially for someone who loves Christmas as much as you do. Sending lots of good healing vibes your way.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Barb thinking of you right now.  Get lots of rest!

MP is a stumper for me.  I say its a turle shell!

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599

Barb, I hope you feel better soon... remember you had major surgery! Even though the scar will be small you had a lot taken care of.... don't lift is one thing I definitely learned. Take it easy just because it doesn't show on the outside you have to heal "inside"  Now is the time to be pampered!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326

WOW !!!! I guess I've been off here longer than I thought. That or you ladies have been really talking a lot (lol,lol). I've missed @ 115 pages. I know I've missed a lot. Hope everyone is doing well. As well as can be expected for the situation we are in that is.I see the mystery pic is still going on. My guess is the same as some others. Either petrified wood, a moths wing, or a rock. However my husband walked into the room and said "What's that?" I told him it's the mystery pic, what do you think it looks like? He said, "A cave." So since wood and wing are taken, I'll go with a cave.

I've been having lots of problems lately so that's why I've not been on here much. I've only checked like 1 thread a couple of times. Had to have more testing to see if they could find my pain problems. So far no luck. Went yesterday and had a retest, from the scans I did last week they said my ovaries & uterus were enlarged and wanted to take a closer look. Got in there, they were going to do an ultra sound on my pelvis. Couldn't see 1 of my ovaries, so they did a vaginal ultra sound...what fun...N O T. I already have an appointment for the 16th so I'm just gonna wait till then to find out the results. Stupidity is BLISS.

I know I missed telling everyone HAPPY THANKSGIVING, so just want to do that. Hope everyone had a good holiday. I'm sorry I'm going on & on, just trying to catch up. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on top of things now. Have a good day everyone.

• elimar
    leisaparis,  Good to see you, and very sorry your pain has not been helped (or even identified yet!)  LovesChristmas (Barb58) just had the ooph/hysterectomy.  If something like that has to go down for you, there a few more here who have been through it.  Worrying won't change things, so I hope you can focus on family and the upcoming holiday til the 16th, and I'll be hoping your results are nothing serious.
  • barbe1958

leisaparis, my one remaining ovary disappeared!!! Transvaginal ultrasound KILLED me too!! I almost passed out from the pain as she dug around trying to find the ovary...stupid lady!!!!

• Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I'm not as tired today but still very sore and I am feeling so emotional which I hate.  My husband will still be home tomorrow thankfully but then he has to go back to work and I'm dreading that though I'll still have our 18 year old son at home. We adopted John when he was almost 2 years old and he was severely malnourished which affected him mentally but he is such a sweetheart and I know he'll be sure to help me out.

I hope everyone is having a restful peaceful Sunday.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378

elimar - are those roasted chestnuts in the pic at the top?

• elimar

Yes, mostlymom, they are.  Did you ever have them?  I bought some earlier this week and roasted them in the oven yesterday.  No one else in my family likes them.  The ones I got at the store were about $10 a pound.  Yow!  That would make all those in the picture be about $100 worth.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Well, the winner of the Mystery Pic is.................drum roll please..........................

Noodle6 with Cmblastic a really close second!

It is indeed fungi

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

Yea, I'm a winner! ;o) Someone remind me to post a MP next week as I may still be in a fog. Now to start thinking of what it will be, hmmm....

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Noodle, congratulations on winning. And Chrissy, that was a good MP!!! 

Loves Christmas, I agree that you shouldn't worry about not hopping up after surgery. You had MAJOR surgery, no matter how the surgeon performed it. I've read that it sometimes takes up to 6 months before anesthesia fully leaves your body, and it can easily take up to 6 months or more to gain back all your strength and energy after major surgery. I've had a few surgeries (before the lumpectomy), and the doctors always told me that everyone's recovery is different, to take it easy, and that it could be months before I regained my energy.

Good luck. 

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Ok guess I have to postpone my own PP. my surgeon's office just called and rescheduled my port removal from this Thursday to Dec 22, two weeks from now. So, I have been waiting a year to get this darn thing out what's two more weeks? A LIFETIME!!! Frown but there is some serendipity about the chance. My last chemo last year was on Dec 22, and now I will be getting my port out exactly one year later. Merry Christmas to me!!

Now who is scheduled for PP's this week?? I feel I have neglected my duties!! Roll call ladies!! 

• Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I think part of me is just sick of thinking about my health, if you know what I mean. I'm feeling a bit better today but I know that this is going to be slower than I expected. I also keep waiting for the instant menopause stuff to kick in. No hot flashes yet.  I did get a bit weepy last night for my poor husband but I think I probably would have cried even if I still had ovaries!

We're also having our kitchen renovated so we have no kitchen! They started on it the week that I found out I needed the hyst/ooph and they're supposed to be finished two weeks from now but today the painter is here so I'm hiding out in my bedroom while my DH deals with him. We had planned on doing it in the summer but put it off when I had my cancer diagnosis. Now I think it would have been easier to deal with during radiation than this. Oh well...

• barbe1958

Claire, I'd like to book another PP for Friday at 8 am my time. That's when I see the ENT for the thyroid tumour. I called my docs office and told them to forward the results to the ENT's office so he could go over it with me on Friday. I don't really want my PCP calling to give me the results. Even if this isn't cancer, it has to come out as it is affecting my breathing, especially when I lie down at night.

• prayrv
    prayrv Member Posts: 362

I need to book a PP as well.  My 6 month check up is on Thursday morning.  Since my last check up in June I broke my foot and developed lymphedema in my left hand.  Hope they don't find anything else (things come in 3s....?)

Trish

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

ok ... i need to ask ... what does PP stand for?  (i'll probably figure it out before a response!)

• Pocket Party!