Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I went to take pictures of cows in a field once, with a nice red barn in the background. I was wondering if I should zoom in on the cows or not as I slid down into the ditch near the fence. After I got off my butt, with my camera held up high, I set up my tri-pod and went to take a look in the camera. I almost fell down again!! EVERY cow that was in that huge field was now pressed up against the fence where I was. All I could see in my view finders was NOSES. It was only wired fencing and the way they were pushing on it I was afraid they'd break out!! The photo-buddy I was with had stayed in the car and was laughing his guts out watching me slide into the ditch. He was still laughing when I got back to the car. He stopped laughing when I got in and sat down on the lush seating of HIS car!

I never knew cows were so nosy, but I've been told it's true! I can vouch for that!!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Barb that is a funny story, I bet he did stop laughing when you got in car!

• orangemat
    orangemat Member Posts: 368

Great story barbe. So do we get to see the pictures from that photo shoot? Cool

Doctor day, part two. Had a physical with my GP, first time I've seen him in a couple years. Eh, I've been busy. Everything's presumably fine, though I did ask him to look at the mysterious bone bump that's right next to the melanoma scar on my left shin... so I went next door to the radiology place for an x-ray, though he thinks it's nothing. Honestly, so do I, but I've gotten into the habit of being vigilant about the changes in my body these days, so sue me...

Then it was off to my annual eye exam, which somehow I hadn't had in three years (oops!). Did the glaucoma eye puff and all that jazz. No news (and no changes) is good news, so I'll take today as a win!

Have a lovely rest of your day, all!

• barbe1958

I just tried for 9 minutes to post the bloody picture! Can't do it from FireFox so I loaded up regular internet thingy programmy thing that I had to get this thread up and running but nothing would paste....sigh.

• barbe1958

I have the pics on my Facbook page under "Learning the D80" for anyone that has me on FB.

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Ladies, thanks for all the muffins, cinnamon buns and other goodies in my pocket today. Surprisingly, I got a call from my MO a few minutes ago -- I'm not scheduled to see her until Monday. She wanted me to get some good news before the weekend: CLEAN SCANS!!! I'm very relieved, and very impressed. I just got home about 3 p.m. and she called before 5 p.m. with the good news!

Despite all my anxiety about the tests, everything went well. I was freaked out about drinking that chalky milkshake, but when I got there and told them, they said they could mix a colorless, tasteless contrast in with my drink of choice -- Dr Pepper!! I got those two big glasses down with no trouble whatsoever.

I did have one funny experience, too. I had had my injection of that radioactive dye for the bone scan and was sitting in the waiting room, drinking the contrast for the CT scan. I had to go to the bathroom. The only bathroom I could see had this huge red warning sign on it. I didn't have my glasses on, so I was standing there, trying to decide if this was an off-limits room, just for staff, or whether you had to have some protective gear on to get into it. Finally, a technician wanders by and asks if I need help. I tell him I need a restroom but was concerned about the danger sign.

"Oh, that's the bathroom for you," he said. "You're the one who's radioactive right now, including your pee. Be sure to sit on the bowl, and then flush 3 times."

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    congratulations wave, glad you can enjoy your weekend! like your doctors attitudeLaughing
  • barbe1958

hehehehehehheee.....eat my radioactive dust!!!!!

Great news Wave!! Have a fabulous weekend now!!!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Great news wave, and what a nice onc you have! Enjoy your weekend. Lol Barb!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

orangemat & WaveW,  Big GOLD STARS for passing your tests.  I did not know that--about the flushing three times--and I came back to my home for the 3 hours before getting the bone scan, so I must have had a radioactive t-bowl that day.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Well girls, it's that time again so here we go with this weekends mytery pic.  Happy guessing!!!!

Sorry girls blowing the pics up makes them  blury, I can get some out but not all.  I decided, because it's early in the weekend to change to pic as this one is not as unfocused.

• sheila888
    sheila888 Member Posts: 9,611

Horse's assSealed

I meant the Mystery picture.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Went to the surgeon and he poked and poked around the sore spot.  Nothing shot out of it.  He said I may have had a small abscess from the knot at the end of his stitching.  He thinks the worst is over and saw no need to put me on antibiotcs.  Figures all the gunk that shot out may have released the stitch.

So I go back for another recheck with him on Dec. 14th unless it flares up again. 

Wave and Orangemat, congratualtions to both of you today!

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

MP is a fuzzy dogs' ear

• elimar

Well, Chrissy, you know I'm gonna have to say the MP is A DINGO! 

noodle6,  I like your Muley avatar.  That one looks calm now, but I bet it has a good kick.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

not a fan of the blurry pics...that's how I see things when my eyes are acting up, so no guess!!!

wishes and hopes for a great weekend to everyone reading this though :)

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Okay girls I apologise for the blury pic.  I have changed it for one that is better.  Good luck!

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674
    MP- a mushroom? Looks like some fungus that I would find under my 15 year old's bed. And once again, I see a face, at the bottom of the pic, with a big nose. Ok I guess I need to go sit on some hill and stare at the clouds today. . . either that or go see my shrink. . . cuz I'm seeing faces in everything. Embarassed
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

1st guess was a mushroom but since Claire Already chose that I will go with Tree stump showing the growth lines.

• WaveWhisperer

Mystery pic: The bottom of a bunch of cauliflower???

• WaveWhisperer

Or bottom of a head of lettuce!!!

• WaveWhisperer

Or cabbage!!!

• VictoriaB
    VictoriaB Member Posts: 85

A shell?

• elimar

Mystery Pic:  A backyard pond, with water evaporation lines and green algae.

• Aerial
    Aerial Member Posts: 33
    Mystery pic--a close up of a Moth's Wing?
  • Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

It looks like a rock to me. I guess that shows I have 0 imagination and creativity. Guess that's why I am a good accountant.

• samsue
    samsue Member Posts: 599

I think it's a shell too.

• I got through my surgery all right yesterday but it took twice as long as usual because one of my fallopian tubes was attached to my large intestine and had pulled my intestine out of place, probably from scar tissue when I had infertility surgery 27 years ago. He said that it was a good thing that I was having surgery with the Davinci robot or he would have had to cut me open more in order to be able to get it off. He was amazed that I haven't had issues with it all these years. Praise God!

I do feel pretty lousy today; worse than I expected after reading online all the glowing testimonials from women who had Davinci hysterectomies and about how quickly they were out and about. I guess I'm not one of those! Every time I get up and walk around for a few minutes I become exhausted and nauseous but sleeping helps. I guess I just have to give myself some more time.

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

The new MP looks like a fungus is amongus (hehe)

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Barbe- I am so glad you made it thru surgery with out too much trouble. You should be a little sore, they rearranged your insides!! May not have left you a big scar on the outside but your inside needs to do some healing!! Good thing its the weekend and you can sleep all you want!!! Sending over some chicken pot pie so you don't have to cook tonight.