Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Zumbagirl, I don't know where she heard that but I believe some of the Stage IV gals have alreay had more than 4 PETs, so I don't think that's true (I have only had CTs, Bone Scans and MRIs).

Happy belated Val - couldn't get my FB working last night (kept losing the wireless connection) so I couldn't say it on time. Hope it was a good one.

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

zumbagirl,  I am sure they could do an excisional biopsy on the lump, but they are probably wanting to do the PET to make sure that the B/C is only local and has not gone elsewhere in the body.  I did not know we were limited to 4 PETs for life.  It seems like my mom had more than that.

Valjean,  You gave me my surprise for the day.  Your picture looks like a 40-something, girl!  If you hadn't posted so close to midnight, you could have had your cake (and eaten it too) on the right day, but don't worry...it is still fresh and yummy!

Hope that you and that other self-confessed "ISH" (WaveWhisperer) decide to stick around here.

• zumbagirl
    zumbagirl Member Posts: 250

thanks Reesie, I will let my friend know. She is the only person I know that doesn't have a computer or lap top, so I told her I would ask my buddies on here. That will take one of her worries away :O)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Zumba, if you read the stage 4 threads, you will see women who get PET scans every couple of months! One of the ladies, Konakat, returned to Canada after living in Boston. The docs up here were stunned with how many scans she`d had!!!! A CT or PET every 6 weeks!!!!

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121

Happy Birthday to Val!  You are a hot 60 year old!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Valjean happy birthday and I love the story.  Thanks for sharing

• YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532
    valjean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!  (and many more!!)
  • LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    I hope you had a happy birthday valjean!
  • LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504
    Saying a prayer for your friend zumbagirl...
  • Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

Happy Birthday Valjean!!  I love your story.  Its nice to here about our childhood memories.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415

Happy Belated Birthday Valjean! Hope you had a great day...

• KittyGirl2011
    KittyGirl2011 Member Posts: 324

Happy B-day Valjean!  Yum, virtual cake, best kind ever!

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

Happy (belated) birthday Valjean.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Valjean, another happy belated here :) And I too loved the story...how nice to have a few of those memories our parents told us - that we can actually still remember!!! I came too late for Eli's cake offering, but since it's Friday night, which for me is always worth celebrating, I made one too. Val gets the first slice, but everyone can have some after that!

• Sherryc

Finally got my breast MRI results from Monday and it was all clear just some surgical changes since November surgery but that is to be expected.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

OMG, marlegal!!!! What a cake! Hilarious! I wrote that down as I am SURE I won't remember that. Too funny! (and it's my secret if that hasn't already happened to me!) Sealed

And Barbe, I just about spit water all over my keyboard when I read your comment about my Mom popping out babies!! I was always surprised she only had two. (but while we were stationed on Guam when I was 3-5 yrs, my Dad, on a trip over to Japan, had the "you-know-what" done!!) Yeah, my brother & I were born in the same year: me, January 19 & him Dec 18. I remember a teacher once telling me that we were twins because we were only born weeks apart. DUH! How about 11 months apart!!! And she thought she knew everything, ha-ha, I had one on her!! Tongue out  On the serious side, neither my brother nor I have ever been close to my Father & you may have a point there when you say how can a Father ever bond with his children when he is gone when they are so young. At least for us, we never did. And with him being a very strict Navy man, well, let's just say we towed the line & let it go at that. Sealed 

Thank you, dear sisters, for the wonderful birthday wishes. I had plans to go to lunch & shopping with a dear friend on my "day", but the MI winter weather did not cooperate so we postponed it & talked on the phone for well over an hour instead. I love, love, love Lemon bars so made myself some with a cheesecake bottom - well, I tried, to make myself some. They came out like crap!! I thought I was going to get the whole 8" x 8" pan of them all to myself as DH does not like lemon, but....... somehow, I messed it up. Cry But, then I came here & what did I see?? A fabulous cake from E!! (hey, that rhymes~!) Thank you sooooo much - it was absolutely yummy & I didn't gain a single pound!!!  Tongue out

And, just because I'm in the "ISH" now, I will still be here with all you middies - ain't nobody  puttin' Baby in the corner !!!!!!!

Love you guys!

And, on a serious note ~ Welcome to the new sisters! This is a wonderful group of sisters, we are here for you for any reason, day or night.

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Sherry ~ wonderful news! I am very happy for you!
  • justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Valjean....so glad you enjoyed the love shown here, as well as the laughs.  I understand about the no dad thing.  Mine is alive but we rarely speak either.  There are reasons....

Sherry, you deserved a break and I am so so happy you got it with a clear MRI.  It is about time you got some good news for a change.  I hope you feel better every day.

Marlegal...what can I say?  That is a perfect cake.  Loved it! Laughing

• barbe1958

My Dad travelled a lot on business until we finally moved to where he was travelling to (Vancouver to Toronto). He tried to get us to call him `sir` and at the dinner table it was: `Children are to be seen and not heard.``  Then he was surprised that we didn`t `like`` him when we got older! Doi!!!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

Happy Belated Birthday Valjean! I also enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing!

• Sherryc

Went to acupunture today and then got my oil changed and tires rotated and found a bathing suit.  Yes they are already out in the stores in Texas.  You have to buy them early or they are all picked over.  Since I have lost so much weight I decided to try a bikini again. DH will be suprised. Have not let my belly show in 10 years.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

whose turn for mystery pic?  we had a snow day here :)  first snowfall of this year (had snow on halloween weekend, but that doesn't count!) only a couple inches, but then it was icy rain for a long time, so neither of us went anywhere. I finally got Christmas decorations totally put away ... except my tree that I keep up with just the lights on for a little longer. what can I say? I get a kick out of it :)  so in between hub shovelling and my organizing, we'd eat/drink, then get back to work, then eat/drink some more...you get the picture!

hope you all had a day where you did what you wanted, or at least liked what you did.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

it's me, but once again I;m having trouble getting the thing on here!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

bump

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Here it is
  • nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903

OK, looks like something metal, but beyond that I am stumped!

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Some kind of a metal kitchen tool???

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

I am probably wrong again, but it looks like the corner of the refrigerator door.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

• barbe1958

keyboard?

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Head tilted to left...weird looking cat.

Head tilted to right...weird looking toilet.