Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• noodle6
    noodle6 Member Posts: 32

Looks like some strange kernel of corn or maybe a banana with arms

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572

MP is a soda can tab

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545

MP - door hinge??

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

MP-a tool

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

no one is close.  Hint-it's iconic!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

O.K. looks a little like a mask for (huge icon) the Bonzo Dog, or maybe Mickey Mouse.

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Ok its an arm that is tucked behind the back of a statue!
  • YaYa5
    YaYa5 Member Posts: 532

academy award statue

• cookiegal
    cookiegal Member Posts: 527

Hey all y'all. Happy New Year and I hope everyone is well.

• jcollin5
    jcollin5 Member Posts: 1

I am 47 years old and I was dx with breast cancer March 23, 2010 and had surgery to remove the lump and accillary node and radiation. Wednesday I had a rash start on the same breast and my breast was sore, warm and red. I went to my oncologist and he gave me rx for steroids and anitbilotic because I also have pleurisy. He stated if it goes away but after the meds comes back I need to be tested for IBC. I didn't know what that was until I got him and we researched it I would love to hear from other women who have dealt with IBC.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

Welcome jcollin5. Sorry you had to join us but there's a great group here. I don't have IBC experience but there's an IBC forum on here where you can get lots of answers. There's a variety of dx here so I'm sure you'll get some answers if anyone here has them. You might also want to have your doc check into ttuncal LE or cellulitis. It's good that your doc is being proactive though IBC can be aggressive from what I read.

In the meantime sit back and enjoy the virtual parties and virtual snacks.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413

MP - laptop computer?

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

talking about parties and snacks...let's let jcollin5 know what you mean!!

and we like to share our parties with a beau or two ... or three ... or ....

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914

An Oscar?

• jo1955

Party On ladies!

• elimar

Welcome, jcollin5!  Did the pleurisy develop as a result of your radiation?  I don't know if we have many with IBC here now, but lots that had the lumpectomy and rads.  Let us know if the antibiotics help with your inflammation.

marlegal,  Mmmm, those snacks are so calorie free.  Unfortunately, the ones I have been eating are not.  Hurry up Spring, so I can get on my bike again.

• Ceeztheday
    Ceeztheday Member Posts: 246

jcollin5- I don't know if this link will work, but I'll try. It is the IBC forum address-

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/81

• beth1965
    beth1965 Member Posts: 203

Hello all- i am 46 years old and diagnosed with BC five days ago. Going for a double masectomy in eleven days. wow things move fast have not had a moment to breath.

I am glad i have found this site i have learned so much already from some wonderful people.

• LovesChristmas-Barb
    LovesChristmas-Barb Member Posts: 504

Welcome Beth though we're sorry you have to join us. This is a wonderful site with lots of wonderful ladies who will help you as much as they can!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

chrome on a car?

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Welcome Beth.  Sorry you had to find us but we'll be happy to have you.  Yes, things do move very quickly when we are first diagnosed.  It can all be overwhelming but take lots of deep breaths.  You will find this community of women here loving, supportive, extremely bright and experienced, as well as fun.

If you think of questions write them down so you can ask your doctors.  You can never ask too many questions.  Feel free to ask away here of course.  I hope you have a great team of doctors to help you on this road.  Big hugs!

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Edge of a laptop computer??

Oops, Reesie, I posted before looking at the last page. Sorry...

Welcome to the new ladies. This is a great site. 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Welcome to jcollin5 and beth1965 - As mentioned above - you will find great support and information from a lot of wonderful ladies here.

• jo1955

beth1965 - Welcome - Sorry you have to join us here but glad you found us.  This is a great group of ladies with lots of information and support.  Post often and keep us up to date.

• elimar

Welcome, beth965!  Getting that Dx turns your life into a real whirlwind of anxiety and a race to get more information about what is happening to you.  I wanted to know and understand everything.  I did not have Mx, but many here did so let us know if we can help.  Hope your surgery goes smoothly. 

cookiegal,  It's been a while...how are you doing?

• walker2222
    walker2222 Member Posts: 442

I had my MO appoint last Friday and the results of my bone density test were in and they were not good.  I have been on Femara for over a year now and the only SE i have had were minimal hot flashes, which have decreased to almost none, an increase in coloestoral (now taking meds for that, back to normal) now I have a decrease of 13.3% bone density in my lumbar.  I am nervous about taking other meds because I have had minimal SE.  The alternative my MO is giving me is having a Zometa infusuion which should stop the decrease of bone density and strengthen the bones.  Read up on it and I am OK with it.  It does not come in pill form so it has to be infused through an IV.  I am having it done on Thursday.  Wish me luck.

Welcome newbies since my last post. 

Wishing all my sisters well as you are always close in my thoughts.

• eph3_12
    Photobucket" mce_src="Photobucket" alt="" border="" hspace="" vspace="" width="" height="" align="" /> Sorry about the size!  Someone else next weekend plz
  • elimar
    walker2222,  I had a post several pages back about Tamox. causing cholesterol numbers to go up.  Turns out Femara will also do that (in about 15% of women.)  Sorry you seem to fall into that group.  I don't know if you take any OTC meds for osteoarthritis or joint health, but I also mentioned that glucosamine will elevate cholesterol too (being made from shellfish.)   I am awaiting my DEXA report right now.  Have been very faithful in taking my calcium supplements, so we'll soon see,
  • Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

Walker-good luck with the Zometa infusion.  I hear that you need to drink lots of water the day before, the day of and the day after to help prevent achyness.  I will be having my first one on Feb 8th. My MO told me every 6 month for three years which seems like the norm.  What will you be doing? 

After being on Tamox for about 3 months my cholesteral numbers changed.  They were so good that a little change did not make a difference but it will be interesting to see if they change this next time as I just have it checked yearly which will be in April.

• eph3_12

The MP was the nose/mouth area of the Monopoly Dog.  Sorry the picture is so big & so duplicated!  I'm not good at this game, please someone else post a picture next weekend & I'll do my best not to guess correctly!