Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885
    jeannie57,  Your autocorrect is hilarious!  Signed, Elmira & Minitower.  Tongue out
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Elmira, any relation to Elvira-queen of the night?

• chachamom
    chachamom Member Posts: 410

Momine: sorry to hear of your neighbor....hugs to you and to him!

Elimar: beats me which is worse....it all sucks!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503

I had my last fill this morning and I am looking huge.  I will have my exchange mid august but don't have the date yet.

mumito my in-laws are in the 80's and still living at home.  They do have a housekeeper, lawn guy and someone to come and bath my FIL.  Three years ago we made them move here because they were too far away from family and we where the closest but 3 1/2 hours away.  Could not keep burning up the highway with me and DH still working full time.

Momine so sorry to hear about your neighbor.

I am asking for prayers for my Aunt she has been battling stage IV pancreatic cancer and has a bowel obstruction.  They are doing surgery today and her MO is not sure she is strong enough to make it through the surgery, but she said she would rather die on the table knowing she had tried.  If she makes it through the surgery she will be going home on hospice and MO thinks she has about three weeks. She has kept her sense of humor has she has a NG tub and she said she did not want to go home with it in in case anyone came by to see her. She has  the same MO that I have and I am so glad that she has him.  He has been so wonderful with her.

• chachamom

Sherry: I'm praying for your aunt! God bless you both!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Sherry, so sorry!

OK-I'm sitting here at work, typing away with Cheeto dust everywhere as I think I was visited by Elmira - queen of the unspoken-

Damn they're good! 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

Lol Joni.((hugs))

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Sherry--I am sending all the positive thoughts I can for your Aunt. She sounds like such a trooper.

Momine-sorry to hear of your neighbor--i think some people are so afraid of docs and hospitals that they don't go till its too late. My grandmother was like that--didn't go to a hopital till she was 72.

And EPH---admit it you have a problem!! That looks like a lot more than cheeto dust!! 

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Sherry - Sending prayers for your aunt.  

• elimar
    LOL, Eph!  Kiss   Elmira, queen of the mid-afternoon (snack,) sprinkling orange dust wherever she goes. 
  • chachamom

LMAO!! Love it, Claire!

• sumair
    sumair Member Posts: 5

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else is dealing with muscle and joint pain post treatment? I started feeling it when I started radiation, one month after finishing chemo. The dr's don't think it's chemo or radiation related.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845

Ooooohhhh, it's the cheeto fairy!

• Meece
    Meece Member Posts: 10,618

Just finished attempting to catch up from last week's absence.  Geeze!  By the time I catch up, my "puter-time" is over!

• elimar
    sumair, welcome to the thread!  Considering that so many women do get just that, yes, it could be related.  Let's call chemo and radiation what they really are:  an assault on our bodies.  Any number of side effects or after effects can be triggered by them.  If this is something you feel in your extremities, it could be from chemo.  If this is something you feel in your chest and back, it could be from radiation.  I say COULD, because it could be from other causes too, I just know you can't rule out you treatment, as your doctors were so inclined to do.
  • mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007

This little guy is starting our habit at a young age.  Cheetos for all its the weekend!!!

Sumair I am sending you a pm

• Momine

Sumair, I had amazing joint and muscle pain all through rads, and my onc shrugged and said it was inflammation from the taxotere, as if saying "big deal!" It was a big deal to me and it tok a long time to fade, but it did eventually get better. I think I also got the OK to take 400 mgs of an anti-inflammatory for about ten days, which did help.

Are you you on tamox or one of the AIs?

• Momine

Mumito, that is so bad, lol. I fired one of my kid's sitters, because she gave the kid cheetos and chips.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951

Elimar- I have to take back what I said about not being angry. My hair is falling out and Yes, I am angry. I had to have it chopped off short last night because I couldn't handle the long strands of hair coming out in my hand when I washed it or combed it. I am angry at chemo and breast cancer. The MO said I would not lose my hair on CMF. WRONG again. They shouldn't tell us things like that and set us up for the big fall. I didn't mind losing my breast, that was fear not anger. Losing my hair is pure anger at the whole situation.

Sorry for venting. I guess I should go out and take it out on the millions of weeds in my garden. Not supposed to be in the sun on this chemo, but then my hair wasn't suppose to fall out either. WTH.

• Momine

Diana, I am sorry. I also found it really annoying during treatment when the docs told me with great conviction that XYZ wouldn't happen to me and then it did. Tell me the chance is small, tell me not to worry, but don't use your authority to tell me BS.

• sumair
    sumair Member Posts: 5

Thanks for the replies, ladies. It's good to know I'm not alone in this. The pain is mostly in my hips and I've had a bone scan which showed no concerns. I was on taxotere but I'm not on any medication now.

• Momine

Sumair, at least from my experience, the effects of the $&@%# taxotere can linger.

• chachamom

Diana....I say Take it out on those weeds!!!.....but wear sun screen and a hat! Lol!

When I get pi....sd off.....I like to take a walk or knead bread (when I can control it before I explode all over my DH!)

• elimar

Dianarose,  I don't doubt it.  There is so much to be angry at with B/C   From having to carry around fear, generally feeling like crap, treatments that are harsh (even if neccessary,) crazy double-talk from H.C. providers, balky insurance companies, the dorky comments from well meaning people, down to B/C just taking up too much time in your life. 

Hats off to anyone that gets the B/C Dx and DOESN'T feel like they could use some anger management therapy.  Venting on here is the next best thing, tho'!

------------------

Bored this weekend?  Play BATTLE OF THE CHEETOS

Get Cheetos, or die tryin'.

• cmbear
    cmbear Member Posts: 674

Saw Rock of Ages this afternoon with a good friend and her daughter. Total eye candy movie and you get to sing to every song--all very 80's. The young man who played the lead was adorable and for pushing 50, T.Cruise was interesting to watch. Not going to win any awards but not a bad way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon.

I was trying real hard to find a flaw. I mean real hard. 

• lostinmo
    lostinmo Member Posts: 332

Hi everyone

Just stopping back by trying to get to know wveryone. Which is hard to do with me chemo brain.

Dianarose  loosing my hair was really hard on me, which suprised me considering I hated it. But I was expecting it, if you weren't I can completly understand being angry.

Now I wishing I had the movie Rock of Ages and a bag of cheetos. Wait I do have cheetos.

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

Dianarose - sorry that you are losing your hair on top of everything else. I find gardening to be great therapy - but as Jill mentioned, don't forget the hat and sunscreen.

I tackled a bunch of weeds yesterday in hopes that it would allow the plants more room to grow. I am thinking though that it will also allow easier access for the bunnies that seem to enjoy the peas and beet tops. Wascally Wabbits!

• elimar

Elmer Fudd spoken HERE!  What othe thread is multi-lingual, plus cartoon talk?  You can't get that on just any thread.

barsco1963, Last year, I found weed pulling challenging and very satisfying.  You go, girl.  It's another way to soak up a little Vit. D. too.

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314

A friend of mine was just dx'd with bc. I told her all about bco and the discussion threads. She is very private but I hope she comes here for support---and humor! I'm glad I can help someone else so soon in this nasty trip but wish she didn't have it! I remember how hard it was in the beginning when you know nothing, are overwhelmed and need to find docs and make decisions.

• elimar

When my friend got Dx'd with B/C, I told her to come online, but she never did.  She completed her recon last summer.  I was on the phone with her for over an hour today, and we didn't even talk about B/C.  I guess both of us have gotten to the new normal, that is feeling more and more like old normal every day.

We would certainly welcome your friend here, Jeannie.  She can be as private or as public as she likes.  In any event, she would probably learn quite a bit, just from reading throught some of the threads, even if she did not want to post.   I know you will be a good support person for her too.