Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Once breakfast is over, I need to run some errands, but 1st, I need to take a nap.

image Back later!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

I will say this:  Eph has been true to Antonio for the whole five years now.  I hope he appreciates that!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

oh elimar! please do not go away anytime soon! you KNOW yours is the first thread i visit each day, happy happy happy birthday to you! i am gonna go and look for some presents for you!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753

Ok then we are gonna need some Luke Bryan to sing for us after we eat lunch and get us ready for his concert here in Indy next Fri night!! Can't wait! and then....

Some hot firemen to help put out the fire from Luke Bryan ( he he lol)

• KLJ
    KLJ Member Posts: 79

Nice pictures ncollett! Made my day. Have fun at the concert. I would love to see him live but I'm to old to be in those young rowdy crowds. I would gladly sign up for a nice small venue :)

• lovewins
    lovewins Member Posts: 570

This is the first thread  read as well...you ladies really make my day.

• eph3_12

Hey George wants to take us waterskiing this afternoon.  I'm in (virtually of course.  IRL I was never able to master it)

• elimar

kathec, Not my birthday. This thread is five years old
    today!  I've been an unaging little pink dog all this time.

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Happy Birthday dear thread, Happy Birthday dear thread. Happy Birthday dear thread, Happy Birthday dear thread! (hope you gals were singing, not reading!)

You know some guy made a lot of money off of that silly jingle!

• elimar

Oh!  Looks like George was idling up in the boat when I made that last post.  

Gotta have a cake to go along with all that singing...

Don't know how edible that sheet frosting is, but it looks cute.

• heartnsoul76

At the moment, these two things are supposed to be good for you. In moderation, of course. So here are our carefully measured shares:

Ah, the hell with that! 

• elimar

With more beverages coming, it might be a bit early for the cake.   HnS, will that wine pair well with sushi?

• heartnsoul76

Hey, any wine will pair well with that sushi! My goodness, I have to have a party like that!

• heartnsoul76

I'm really in the mood for some Brazilian steak. Protein's important too, you know... Besides, it also goes well with wine! Happy

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753

Forget waterskiing Ill just ride the boat and be the co-pilot lol 

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 842

ncollett - I don't think one glass a MONTH is going to be an issue. I believe the protocol for women is one glass per day. I just like to have one before dinner, one with dinner, and one to relax out by the fire pit after dinner. I like a Corona Lite, Blue Moon, or Kalik beer with my pizza! I don't usually drink more then one beer, they pack on the pounds. My MO said life is short, if you have a bad day at work and want a glass of wine when you go home, have one.  I know a woman who was triple positive in 2007 and still takes tomaxil so she can drink. 

Dark chocolate is my vice. After lunch I have to have a Dove square of dark chocolate nom nom nom!

dbokland - I fit into most of those categories. I did have low Vit D(10) but today they told me I am at 39 so that is good. I take 5,000 IU a day of Vit D and I've done it for over a month now. I do need to up my workout routine and plan on it, plus I'm going to call the hospital referral for a nutritionist Dr. Schroff's office gave me. Regardless of the cancer, I wanted to do that anyway. It was on my "list"

• Olliesmom
    Olliesmom Member Posts: 2

Hi

I too just joined looking for some wisdom. Due to other health reasons, hormone and radiation therapies were not options for me. I chose the removal of my left breast with the reconstruction for my DCIS Comedo grade 2/3 diagnosis. I had my right breast reconstructed for symmetry at the same time.  In all honesty, the right one hurts more than the left and the scars are more obvious, around the nipple, down from the middle of the nipple and then under the breast. I was a 36 C prior to surgery. If I had known how uncomfortable this was, I would have just stayed a little lopsided. It's a tough decision and it depends on where your head is at. Bes wishes to you during this decision time.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561

Welcome Olliesmom to our community. Thanks for sharing! 

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

Welcome to Olliesmom!  Come join us at the party here!!  We are a friendly bunch.

• eph3_12

James Bond is inviting us to his house for dinner!

Brad's coming: 

so is Ben: 

• eph3_12

E~~~ who do you want in attendance?

Tom Selleck has invited us to join him after dinner here ! 

• eph3_12

Olliesmom, you are just in time for the 5 yr party of the fun-est thread on BCO!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,315

Wishing the thread the most wonderful of birthdays.  Looks like we're off to a great start.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561

You ladies have a wonderful party - congrats on 5 years. That is quite an achievement for one Topic, congrats to you all, and enjoy all those 'sexy consorts", food and drinks, you've earned a little relaaxation.

The Mods

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

How about a nice little run away to Hawaii to celebrate? And special luau food too. (I esp. skipped pics of the whole pig).

Congrats thread on 5 years. And many more.

• Olliesmom
    Olliesmom Member Posts: 2

Thank you. This seems like a great place to share and receive first hand feedback and support.

It's not a club I was eager to join but somehow unless your in it it is hard to fully comprehend.

Thank you

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

welcome, Ollie'smom! Glad you found BCO, and us wimmen's here on the best thread ever! we are a crazy fun and smart bunch here. and we look good too, every single one of us! read around, and you will find yourself getting the best free education, ever.

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

imageoh boy, I almost missed the party!!! Glad we're all on this "ride" together!!!!

• KLJ
    KLJ Member Posts: 79

Had to bring my favorite guy to the party! :)

• jbokland
    jbokland Member Posts: 275

Hah!   I saw the sushi party pics and wanted to show you mine.  A fundraiser in my honor for our local breast cancer foundation.  I was so proud that night!