Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN 40-60ish

Comments

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

Time for nightcaps.  These folks are coming over.

But Keith is sober, so he'll just play background.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

HAPPY FIFTH BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753

Keith sang so good he put me to sleep and I had the best nights sleep Ive had all week 

Donny is gonna be with us this morning 

Then we will go down by the beach and have a jam session with Kenny! 

• loral
    loral Member Posts: 818

Eli...To 5

• 3rdtimenow
    3rdtimenow Member Posts: 126

You are a crazy group, and I love it, happy 5th birthday! Welcome Olliesmom. Stephanie

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,885

Welcome, Olliesmom!   Anyone who winds up here gets our full embrace.

------------------------------

Thanks for marking the occasion, all you lady-sister-girls!

My server decided to cut out all last night, so I kind of missed my own party.   It happens.

Information, support and humor.  Roll on.

• staynsane
    staynsane Member Posts: 196

My my Eph!  You've really expanded your posse of eye candy!  You used to be so true to Antonio and George (I know your heart went pitter-patter when you heard Antonio and Melanie were splitting up), so maybe it's the fact that George is getting married that pushed you into seeking out alternatives.  My likes align with yours; keep 'em coming!

I'm not a picture-poster, but love them all...

Eli, I've said it before and I will again, you have quite the way with words.  Congrats on keeping things fresh, meaningful and fun for the last five years.  You are the glue that makes this thread the best!

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879

5 years! I have missed out on most of the celebration :( but so glad all was captured so that I could review and take my time checking things out!)

I can't believe that I have been here for 3 of those 5 yrs. This thread quickly became one of favourites upon joining bco and it continues to be at the top of my list. You gals are amazing!

jbok - was that really a real live sushi bar? Thought those were only on tv!

Welcome and hello Ollie'smom.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I don't "get" the crocodile and alligator pic...seriously. Isn't it "see you later alligator" and "in a while crocodile" or is that the whole point? 

Don't know if I would be comfortable picking food off a naked lady...just sayin'!! And especially one with breasts!! I'm sure my DH would be eating a LOT of lettuce that night! 

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700

sort of like figure drawing, except there is no drawing, just sushi

• Tomboy

lettuce, husband, too funny!

• Tomboy

probably the only time you can be around a naked woman and get away with mentioning fish

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

lol barbe, about not being able to get hubby away from the sushi table. (and yes, I think that was the point of the later gator pic.)

so I had to go back a few pages to find who was saying they had breathing issues and fatigue already. It was ncollete the respiratory therapist of course! That sounds like what I went thru. I hadn't been feeling well for a while before dx, but was having lots of stress and drama in my life. So docs thought I was a "bit depressed". I  tried to tell them I know the difference between tired and depressed by this stage of the game. But anyway, I caught a cold after my lx but was ushered into rads while having a bad cough. The SOB got so bad I could barely walk. I got really sick during rads. So now we think, since I still have a cough and some trouble breathing, that there was something going on before and treatment just really weakened my system and I am having a hard time recovering. So I would recommend trying to figure out what is wrong now, if you can. I was dx with asthma and COPD and put on prednisone, 3 inhalers and 3 different nebulizer meds, which I think just made everything worse. Now I have gotten off all steroids and gotten the dxs taken away, but still feel crummy.  I am working real hard trying to find a doc interested in dx and not just treating the symptoms. But being on Tami, and an anti d, and HPB meds doesn't help either. I am not complaining just trying to adapt. Anyway, all that to say I wish I hadn't rushed into rads. But since you are in the biz of breathing techniques, maybe you know a doc who would help you now before it gets worse. IMHO

We will be here for you new ladies, no matter what you choose or do not choose to do. They are your decisions. we just like to gab a lot and tell you what we think!!

So I was at a bday party for a 6 year old yesterday (my kind of party). I was talking to grandma (of the kid, not any relation to me) who was very concerned about my health. I thought she really wanted to know how I was doing, but she said "So, it is just breast cancer?" I walked away to talk to someone who cared, didn't matter to me they were only 5. 

• heartnsoul76
    heartnsoul76 Member Posts: 1,204

Speaking of information, a few pages back we were talking about how sleep deprivation affects us.  Here's an interesting article.  It doesn't mention fibromyalgia, but I know that's one of the health problems you get - from interrupted sleep, actually.

http://www.prevention.com/health/health-concerns/what-lack-sleep-does-your-body

Just breast cancer.... wow, mac. Didn't you want to slug her?

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

Macatacmv - Lawdy Miss Scarlett I hope grandma never gets that awful "just breast cancer".  I think you showed great restraint in not slapping her. Bet the 5 year old had better smarts upstairs and was a whole lot more fun.

OK I was totally bored the other night. Has anyone watched "Skin Games" on the GameShowNetwork? It was pretty fascinating in a weird way. One challenge was painting a bald head to be a table centerpiece. The contestant kicked off at the end is told "go wash off your canvas" and we see the model discretely showering body paint everywhere. Prob. not a show to watch with children because of the nudity (pasties required). Darn it no guys at least on this episode. Not sure if there ever are except for bald head centerpieces.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

Seems like a lot of "naked" shows lately. My friend was telling me about "Naked Dating"  and I've come across "Naked House Hunting".  (nudist colony somewhere in FL)

and my coworker got me hooked on watching Naked and Afraid.  They turn 2 strangers loose in the middle of some god-forsaken place, with only 2 tools (usually a big knife and a firestarter). No food, water or clothes.  No shoes,,,, which is major in some of these places. I wouldn't last a night with the bugs biting you everywhere,, and I mean, everywhere!! Sometimes the people get along, and sometimes they don't.  And they eat the most awful things. They are out there for 21 days

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 842

glennie - I've seen that show too.  Imagine naked and walking through thigh high mirky water? nahhhh.

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

thigh high water with snakes and gators??  Ticks in really bad places???  No thanks!!!

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482

Eli, thanks so much for this thread. I've been on bco for 9 yrs now (woo hoo me!) and this is by far the most honest thread for my money. It makes me laugh, or cry, or frown. Best though? It makes me think. And hopefully along the way I may have helped a person or two. That's what we all have in common. Sometimes we need help, and sometimes we're able to give it.

Congrats on yet another milestone 

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

Thanks for this thread, its been wonderful for advice. 5 years and going strong- YEA!!  Wow the food on here made me hungry and the eye candy!!!! UFFF!! what can I say!!! Winking

• jbokland
    jbokland Member Posts: 275

yes- Naked Sushi Night features models with sushi. They are mostly for show and there is other sushi being passed and served.  Lot of giggling and fun!  We were discussing having a home party with a blow up doll!   Ha ha...thinking of creative ways to use the doll to also hold the wasabi and a good place to use as a napkin dispenser!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I "see" the napkin dispenser...but up here we call them serviettes. Napkins are for periods!!

• macatacmv

had to share this with y'all!!!

• jbokland
    jbokland Member Posts: 275

lol!!

• marlegal

Nine years. Years filled with so many wonderful things. Two weddings, two sons-in-law to love. Two new wonderful homes to visit.Three grandchildren, three precious little boys to love. Five trips with 30+ new best friends, with trip six happening in a few weeks. Nine years. Year one might not have been the highlight, but it paved the way to the ones which followed, each one better than the one before. I hope I've gained compassion. I know I've gained appreciation for little things as well as big things. Nine years. A huge thank you to family and friends who got me through year one. Too many names to mention but you should know who you are! I can't help on this day each year but to think about that day nine years ago and the time right after and the kindnesses shown me. I will forever be grateful for those kindnesses. Cheers to the last nine, and cheers for many more to come, please God 💗

• macatacmv

woo hoo, for nine years marl!!!!!!! Here's to many more 

• marlegal

thanks Mac!

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704

These guys are happy for you Marl!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909

Yeah, Marle! 

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753

macatacmv I am going to go see a Pulmonologist just to be proactive before I start rads and he will also help keep an eye on me. Sorry you had to go through so much and dont you just love Predinisone (not) Its that necessary evil. I love my job but sometimes being in healthcare is dangerous because you see and know too much so then your mind starts to go towards the worst of things. I am glad I found this site though it keeps my mind busy so I dont think about things.