Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi girls!

No exercise today but I rarely exercise on Tuesday's.  It's one of my work days.

Flower--I love to bowl!  Are you in a league?

Lorrie 

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hey ladies!!! Ya'll are putting me to shameEmbarassed

No exercise for me since Saturday. But....I have been pretty busy.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality pedometer.

I'd love one that keeps accurate information. Or, are all of them about the same?

Hugs to ya all!!!!

Lorrie--so glad you're enjoying the puppy. I can just hear the older dog.

Lucky was one year old when we got Opie and he wanted to play with him to bad.

Opie's whole head fit in Lucky's mouth, but Lucky just made this.aarrraarrrrarrhhhhh noise, not biting down on his little brother. It was so cute. They're still pals to this day:) Just hang in there :)

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

Didn't make it last night.  Got upstairs and the bed just called - oh well, today's another day.

So today I'm tired also but did get movement at my local support group.  We had a visitor who showed us different exercises to do with the resistance bands for arms, legs, abs, neck, etc.  So that's my story for today.  We'll see about t'm.

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009
    Options

Tomorrow might be my first snow shoe outing of the winter (wait, it's still fall!) We're gonna get dumped on. I won't drive down the mountain to work out, so maybe I'll just take a walk!

Anne

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Anne--the snow sounds exciting.  Snowshoeing is an excellent workout!

I am enjoying my dogs so much.  The baby is a rascal.  He runs and jumps on his big sister!  She flips over on her back and they go at it.  I think they will be great friends!

I'm going to try for time on the treadmill tomorrow afternoon.  I have to work again tomorrow which isn't my usual schedule but I want to get some exercise in.  We'll see how much energy I have when I get home tomorrow!

Lorrie 

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi All:

I made my 10K!  WooHoo.  Morgan, I'm using an Omeron.  Its battery operated and it seems to work pretty well.  I've had a few others but they just didn't work.  This one works as long as its not sideways.  It'll even work upside down!  It does get confused if you are moving very softly ... you know, those tiny little march-in-place steps that we try to get away with ... mostly its good, even though sometimes I don't like what it tells me.

Snow shoeing sounds great!  We might get a bit of snow tonight, but not enough to play in and driving to the mountains isn't in the cards.

You know what my best motivational tool is?  Its my husband's stationary bike.  On days that I don't do enough exercise I make myself get on that thing for a while.  Its so darned boring that I'll do just about anything to avoid using it. 

Good job everybody!  Even nost exercising is good if you use it as a reason to get back to work tomorrow or next week or next month (which is next week, right?)

G'night all.

(I'm Suzanne but you can call me Flower if you like, I really am a Flower Artist or a botanical illustrator if that makes more sense.)

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

Heading to the gym this morning but have to be careful of flaring up my arthritic foot.

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2009
    Options

The Nordic pole walking is good. We don't hike ... just walk on sidewalk and grass ... ground is level. We use the poles to exercise our upper body so we keep our arms at less than a 90 degree level. I even bought my own set and the salesman told me that this is the only exercise, like swimming, that uses all your muscles. It's walking with an oomph. I do feel quite a difference compared to walking without them.

It's raining today so I won't get to walk outside and today is a workday. I usually take Wed. & Friday off. I'm trying to do 30 minutes of "something" 5 days a week but I don't think it's enough because since I've been on Arimidex I've put on another 10 pounds so now I have to lose even more.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yesterday I walked during my lunch hour. Today I will go for another walk and will go climbing at the gym after work.

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009
    Options

Shoveled and pushed a ton of snow today. Trudged through it from one side of the house to the other several times. Carried several loads of wood up the hill through 2 feet of snow.

I'm beat. And it's still coming down!!

Better not interfer with me getting to Pilates tomorrow! I know none of us will make it to the rock gym in the morning!

Anne

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

I am off to the gym this morning if I don't get my but in there in the morning I tend to not get there atall.Tomorrow they offer a class that combines yoga and pilates.I think I will try that.Wish me luck.

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited October 2009
    Options

Still teaching at least one hour of zumba every day...some days more than an hour!  I consider it my treatment plan!~

Rock on Ladies!

• momcat1962
    momcat1962 Member Posts: 172
    edited October 2009
    Options

After I get through my diagnostics, etc...I want to try ZUMBA! ;) They have classes at my "Y". I have lost 15 lbs doing Weight Watchers about 60% of the time since September 5th, 2009.

• lisasayers
    lisasayers Member Posts: 144
    edited October 2009
    Options

I was teaching before my diagnosis...went back to teaching three weeks after my bilateral.  I actually went back four days after my bilateral...but just moved my feet! LOL  Taught all through chemo...helped keep the side effects away....it has been a huge blessing in my life! 

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I am going to go to yoga class at my climbing gym tonight.  After the class, I will either go climbing or will hit the elliptical glider.  Depends the availability of partners...

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I had hot flashes contiously during yoga class last night.  By the tme the class was over you could have wrung out my tee shirt.  So I decided to go home and change...sigh...

This morning I went to pilates class (no hot flashes).  And I will go to the gym tonight and do an aerobic workout. 

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lisa-I wonder why you had so many hot flashes.  It happens to me sometimes.  I'll go through a stretch where I'm flashing left and right.  Very annoying.

Well, I did 4.25 miles on the treadmill today running intervals.  I have had a terrible exercise week.  I worked out on Monday and then not again until today.  I worked Tues, Weds, Thurs.  And many more hours than normal.  It derails all good intentions.

Have a great night girls!  I'm playing Bunco with my pals!

Lorrie 

• debisongbird
    debisongbird Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009
    Options

Been sick with the flu this week Frown. Hopefully next week I can get my exercise in. The weather here is sooooo beautiful! Happy Halloween, y'all.

Also will be cutting way, way down on all sugars. If any of you also gave up sugar or are trying to cut way down, let me know. I include artificial sugars (as these may be worse than real sugar.)

I know the sugar thing isn't exercise, but it's all in the name of becoming as healthy as we can be.

• jsh22
    jsh22 Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2009
    Options

Had mastectomy on left side 10 days ago.  Today I did a leg and ab workout and 20 minutes of incline walking on treadmill along with 20 minute on elliptical (not using arm handles).  I began my workouts exactly 1 week after surgery, but am very careful not to do anything that would affect surgical area.  It really feels good to do some kind of workout...gets those endorphins going!  Who want to just sit around and mope, eat and get chubby?  Not me!

• AnneN
    AnneN Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2009
    Options

I bought an inexpensive treadmill from Sears and I walk on it a half hour every day. Sometimes I put on the stereo and walk to rock & roll. Sometimes I park a book on the treadmill's "dashboard" and read while I walk.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Walking is excellent.  I sometimes power walk on the treadmill and catch up on my magazine reading.  

Happy Haloween!

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    edited November 2009
    Options

jsh, you reminded me of my mother. After she had a hysterectomy, she couldn't run for six weeks, so she started walking up and down the flights of stairs by her house, probably the equivalent of going up five flights of stairs in a building. Anythings to get the endomorphines going...

Saturday, I did yard work. When I was done, I felt like taking a nap, so I considered it enough exercise for the day.

Today I went to yoga class in the morning, then went climbing at the climbing gym in the afternoon.

• mumito
    edited November 2009
    Options

I was bad took weekend off but will get into the gym today

• aspen
    aspen Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2009
    Options

Trying to get motivated AGAIN !!!!   Headed to the gym as soon as I finish typing.  I am "addicted" to soft drinks and do the diet ones with no caffeine (so I know it is all in my head).   I'm giving them up during the week and only drinking a little of them on weekends with popcorn and football.  I can do this, I can, I can, I can. Off to do the gym and then this afternoon Pilates (which I love).

Rita 

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009
    Options

Good morning!  I just finished the Firm Time Crunch workout.  Really quick and even quicker for me since I skipped the ab work.  LOL.  I hate ab work!

I've been having a really hard time fitting in my workouts since my job has been taking over.  But, this week I should have a lighter schedule and I am determined to workout on all of my free days!  

I did intervals on the treadmill on Friday.  I think I must have been trying to burn off some stress.  I really wore myself out!  I was so sore on Saturday.  It was pretty funny.  My DH had run on Saturday morning and then mowed/raked the lawn.  You should have seen the two of us hobbling around Saturday night.  We just had to look at each other and start cracking  up!  

Off to do Monday housework!  

Rita--you just have to say do it!  FYI, my son gave up soda and he lost 13 lbs in about 2 weeks.  He did nothing else besides giving up soda.  Amazing.  

Lorrie 

• aspen
    aspen Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2009
    Options

I just got back from the gym and did 4 miles on the treadmill.  I'm going to put away the groceries (all good things- mostly veggies) then wash a load of clothes while I do my mat work here at home.

I will give up the sodas- even though they are decaf and diet they have no nutritional value.  I am doing it already- usually have a 1/2 a glass in the mornings and haven't had any yet.  Boo on sodas.  Just on the weekends and in moderation even then.

Lorrie, hurray for your son.  

Rita

3 timer-10/1997, 4/2004, 4/2005

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2009
    Options

Did 1-1/2 miles on treadmill Saturday.  Sunday met other BC survivors at the mall and walked 3 miles.  That was fun but it's a 30 min drive so not really motivated to do that.  Will look up a mall closer and see if they have a walking club or at least a chart to tell how far each round is. 

I was wiped out last night though and didn't do anything tonight and heading to bed. 

Maybe tomorrow but motivation during the week is sub-basement level.  We'll see.

• lisa-e
    edited November 2009
    Options

I went climbing at the gym last night. Today I plan on walking during my lunch hour.

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009
    Options

I've been remiss in posting.  Its been a week.  I exercised pretty much daily but didn't make my goal of 10K steps.  Did make my basic goal of 6 K steps.  However, the last 3 days are back to the 10K area.  Halloween leftovers are making things a bit hard as far as keeping up on eating correctly.  LOL.  At least they are almost gone.

Got new DVDs yesterday as a motivator.  Hope they work.

Actually, I'm dealing with quite a bit of discontinuity.  My husband dislocated his shoulder a couple of weeks ago.  He's going to have to have surgery to correct the torn tendons and he is constantly interupting me to get me to help him.  And this will be going on for the next 3 months! I need the exercise just to cope with him!

Take care girls!  I'll post when I can.

• mumito
    edited November 2009
    Options

I am off to the gym this morning wish me luck.