Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2009

Septembersong, hugs coming for you for your mammo.  Mine is Tuesday morning.

Mumayan - opening the bottle of wine is considered exercise.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Going up to bed now so maybe after work t'm I'll have energy toexercise.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2009

Lisa love the lunch idea my BF just joined my gym so I think we will try that reward system. Yes I did drink the wine but only one llllllllllllllllllllllarge glass.Am heading back to the gym today.

• shelleyr25
    shelleyr25 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009

Yoga at Gilda's Club today....Poured a glass of wine, does that count?? ;)

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2009

I went to Pilates this morning.  Tomorrow I am going climbing!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited November 2009

I'm so jealous of all the working out going on!  I've been too busy the last two days to do any working out!  

Welcome back September!  I think I'll pour myself a glass of wine for my exercise tonight!  Great idea!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Lorrie, I'm with you.  Weekdays it's really been hard to find time or motivation.  Tomorrow will be doing some painting so that will count. 

Not just pouring the wine but lifting it from table to mouth a few times counts as well.  Matter of fact, take fewer sips and then you move it up and down more often.  Don't forget to switch hands so both sides get equal time.

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited November 2009

Oh Lorrie!! I've been a VERY BAD girl for about 2 weeks. I haven't done any kind of exercise at all, unless you include housework and regular work. I'm gonna go out on a limb and promise to at least ride my bike or walk tomorrow. If I don't get on a regular schedule, I will be flying as the "GoodYear Blimb"......I'm not kidding!!!! LOLOL

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Bicep curls, Patoo, bicep curls!  Yes!

Coonie!  You're back!!!  I'm glad you here!  Your posts are always great to read.  I say jump on that bike and go for it (while I lay on the couch sipping some wine)!

• coonie
    edited November 2009

OK Lorrie.....you've encouraged me. Now I have to do it or else I'll feel just terrible. I sure don't want to disappoint my friends :) I'll give ya'll an update when I'm done tomorrow!! I PROMISE....scouts honor!

Oh my, what have I gotten myself in to.......LOL

• patoo
    edited November 2009

I'm watchin' ya too, coonie!

• shelleyr25
    edited November 2009

Two beers tonight...one with each arm...upper body workout complete ;)

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Did the gym and the vino last night.What will it be today ladies?The gym or liquid exercise.?

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Coonie how was that bike ride?

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited November 2009

So glad to be back on this thread, where daily exercise can be whatever you need it to be!

patoo, I'll be sending you supercharged good thoughts on Tuesday. Hugs too.

I'm resting my knee (and the rest of me, unfortunately) until I see my onc on Monday and PCP the following week. Soonest appt. I could get with a recommended orthopedist was early Jan. I am now limping along like Grandpa McCoy, for those of you with very long memories (and a bad TV habit when you were small).

• patoo
    edited November 2009

3 hours assisting with painting 2 rooms today.  Reaching, lifting, bending - that was my workout today. 

Rest up september. 

• coonie
    edited November 2009

Awhhh now is the time I have to confess. I just wouldn't be able to sleep a wink unless I told

the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

My name is Coonie----and I did not----I repeat!---I DID NOT exercise one single second this whole

weekend. But wait!!!! I do have a good excuse, or reason....I was really sick yesterday with all the

head gunk going on, so I slept most of the day. And today, well, today's the Lord's day and I went

to church and rumbled with about 25 3 year olds. That what class I'm in....3-4 year olds. Cutie pie

little buttons, but they will run you ragged. So....I guess maybe that was a little exercise.

I'll try to do better this week. I PROMISE!!

Forgive me ladies??Embarassed

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Coonie, Of course we forgive you - this time anyway (because most of us probably are where you are and haven't exercised a lick either!).

I really do believe that you should ask them to promote you from the 3-4 year old class.  What are you, at least pushing 24, right.  Laughing

Okay, well I'm being punished for picking on you, coonie.  I am in sooooo much pain  in my butt and thighs.  I thought it would get better as the day goes on but it's not and just trying to stand up from my favorite place today, my lounge chair, is extreme pain.   I think I'll have to get my exercise some other way - my painting days are history!  So, no "formal" exercising today.

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Went to the gym on Sunday it was full of young college students.Did I ever feel old and fat. You know a year or so ago before my DX I never even thought about being old.Very sad.

• septembersong
    edited November 2009

Mumayan, you're not old and you're not fat. Those college kids would be lucky if  they knew HALF the things you do about life, friendship, and making a difference in people's lives. So please just look the other way at the gym, and congratulate yourself for getting through the rigors of treatment and bouncing (or bobbing or dragging yourself) right back. Not easy, I know, but please don't beat yourself up. We just don't see you that way. And all these daily exercisers can't be wrong...

Hope you're feeling better.

• patoo
    edited November 2009

My "daily" exercise will be to get up out of this lounger (aerobic), walk 20 steps to the kitchen (lower body), mix up my cherry juice to take my meds (upper body), walk upstairs to my bedroom (more aerobic).  Wow, that's a lot and I do that 7 days a week.   So, why am I not seeing results????

Getting really better with my eating though so that should help once I get the rest of my act together.

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Hi girls!  Whew!  I just finished making rag dog and cat toys to donate to the preschool I work at  for a homemade sale table.  I also made about 7 jars of cookie mix and 4 jars of bean soup mix for the sale table too.  My back is killing me!

Well, I did exercise yesterday.  I did the treadmill and then I did my regular Monday workout.  

Patoo--I know what you mean about doing work around the house and getting sore.  I just went through that last week.  My thighs were killing me.  It was hard to sit down and get up!  LOL!  And good luck with your mammo tomorrow!

Hey Coonie!  You are a riot!!!  Those little guys will really give you a run for your money!  But they are the cutest!  Hey, you just had an anniversary!  2 years??!!!

Mum-I know what mean about suddenly feeling older.  I never used to think that way but I do now.  I wonder if it's chemopause.  

How are you feeling September?  Did you go to the onc today?

Shelley--I did my bicep curls Saturday night!  ;)

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    edited November 2009

Patoo, good luck tomorrow. Sending you many hugs and every good thought.

• shelleyr25
    edited November 2009

Patoo~ I do a similar workout every day too!!! LOL!

I actually did my yoga tape just now and am hoping to get on the treadmill a bit later. 

It is just killing me that I have really been watching what I eat and have barely lost anything. I only really need to loose 7-9 lbs but it just sticks there!!!!

• septembersong
    edited November 2009

Lorrie,

The mammogram was benign--I was so relieved I almost kissed the radiologist. I was so nervous beforehand I marked on the form that I'd had both a lumpectomy AND a mastectomy. The tech was confused when I asked her which breast she wanted to do first.

I had a work deadline today, but it's back to the gym tomorrow. Hoping the knee stays quiet.  

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2009

So, I haven't posted since Friday.  So here is what I've done: 

Saturday - spent day climbing and hiking (outdoors)

Sunday - yoga class in the am, climbing at gym in the afternoon

Monday - nothing

today, I plan to walk at lunch and will climb at gym tonight 

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Septembersong Congrats  and enjoy your life.I had a similar path result last month and intend on moving forward trying not to look back.

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Had mammo this morning.  They did the usual 4 shots (didn't hurt a bit!) and then 2 more of the rt breast where they did the lumpectomy.  Waited and they wanted more so they did 2 more of each breast.  Mammo doc called me in and said she saw a clip in each breast, consistent with core biopsy; but she didn't show core biopsies in her reports.   I only  had core biopsy on right breast.  MRI of left breast showed nothing so no biopsy was done.   Left there a little confused (she looked confused as well) and didn't remember to ask when my med onc would receive the report.  Why would she say she saw a clip - doesn't make sense.

So will call med onc t'm and see if they got the report and go from there.   <  sigh  >

• septembersong
    edited November 2009

patoo, that sounds like good news! No talk of calcifications, spots, etc. Did you have the mammogram done at the same facility as the previous time? There was a lot of back and forth at my last mammo because the slides from my earlier mammogram weren't on file at Dana-Farber, and they needed them for comparison. 

Hope you hear from your dr. soon and that you get the all-clear.  

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009

I know the feeling of dread for the mammos.  I had my first post BC in September and nearly feel apart waiting for it.  I would not leave the facility until I knew 'the truth' .... no waiting around for a letter or a call.  Nope, I HAD to know.  It was all fine.  There was a bit of confusion because a beign calicafication had moved into the 'hole' where the bad lump had been, so they were taking more pictures.  But, two doctors checked and it was just nature filling a void.  Not fun!

Exercise-wise even though I haven't been posting, I've been doing!  I'm managing 10K 5 days a week.  That does include my aerobic tapes workouts (4 times a week).  The other days I am making my 6K basic goal, so I'm happy about that.

Halloween candy is gone and (woo hoo) so are the extra 2 or 3 halloween pounds.  Just in time for Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow my husband is going in for 4 hours of surgery to repair torn tendons in his shoulder.  I suspect my whole 10K will be pacing around worried about him during the operation.

Take care all.  Love the motivation you are providing to me and to each other.  Stay well and happy!

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Post treatment mammo's seem to be the worst on our emotions, aren't they?  I had a very traumatic first time post-tx mammo.  I had pics taken, waited and waited, they wanted more, then they wanted an ultrasound, then more waiting only to be told that they "think" everything is okay.  This is based on calcifications found in the "good" breast.  WTF????  Anyhow, I just went for my second one in Oct and it was a probably benign--see you in 6 months.  I approached my surgeon about biopsy and removal of the calcs.  I just wanted to eliminate the stress.  I was brushed off and told that I was not in the category which indicates biopsy.  Kind of surprised me considering my history.  So, I was sent along to return in 6 months.  Oh well.  I guess finding out that I wasn't in the high risk category was a good thing?!

Okay...for exercise...I did my usual Monday workout (Firm tape) and then did nothing on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Today I did another tape which kicked my butt but I think my "I don't feel like doing this" attitude went along with it!

I'm supposed to walk with a friend today and then have lunch with her.  I think she thinks I am feeble and weak from my treatment.  LOL.  She'll probably have trouble keeping up with me!  Hee, hee!

I am very happy that we are all having good checkups.  Good news!