Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Will be thinking about you Mum. Don't over-do things. It hasn't been that long ago since you had those drains hanging outEmbarassed
  • Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I love the idea of the trekking poles but how do I hold the leash, the bag of poop and the poles?  Well the leash wouldn't be a problem but the 'other'.  Ya I know...............leave doggus at homeFrown
  • Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Take 'er easy Mum.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

I will but I have to get myself out of this depressed frame of mind and I am sure that exercise will help.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh gosh Mum.  Gentle hugs.  Seems a few of us have been 'in the dumpster' lately. 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

I agree.......maybe we should all join this team

dumpsterdiving.jpg dumpster diving image by oceanapesgirl

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

Tomorrow is pathology day for me.Going to buy myself some vino because I hope the news wil be good.

Hopefully this guy is not the pathologist.

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh, mum, you've made my day. I thank god for this thread.

And I'm sorry that you're feeling blue. I think sometimes it's just there. Exercise at least gets you out of your head a little (for me, anyway) and out there with the rest of the world. Let us know how things go with pathology. 

So much for my resolve to go to the gym at midday. For me it's first thing in the morning or nothing. (It's like taking medication--I can't think about it, I just have to do it.) I did go today and did 20 slower minutes on the treadmill and 25 minutes on the bike.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hugs hugs hugs Mum.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

I WALKED!!!!

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

Me too went for a walk with my son instead of the gym but at least it is exercise in the fresh fall air.

• debisongbird
    debisongbird Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009
    Options

OK, today I will walk! Yes! Yesterday was my birthday, so THAT'S my excuse. But the chocolate cake I had won't be coming off by itself! I feel happy today, too, so that helps. I love the pics you guys post of your animals. They are soooo cute, Sharon's dog and Mumayan's fat kitty. Laughed out loud. Ok, ladies, here I go. I'll post tommorrow and let you know how I did.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

Funny 'cause I always feel so good after I go.........it's to get going that's almost a workout in itself.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

Sharon, re trekking poles and dog - here is what you do:  Train the dog to carry his leash and tie the poop bag to his collar.   No worries. . .  Cool 

My office mate and I have set a goal, to walk or exercise for at least thirty minutes a day.   We are using RealAge.com to track our results, as it gives us 'standing ovations' and 'ribbons' when we meet our goals on weekly and monthly basis.  So silly, but fun.

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

I'm going to use the poles when I snowshoe this winter.  Then doggus can be loose.  Our walks now are along the side of the roadway.  I think the poles will be really great for my LE.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  HEHEHE.  (I know, bite my tongue.)

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi everybody!  

I worked today so no workout for me.  I am so impressed by you all and all the exercise going down!  Awesome!

Tomorrow I WILL do my workout!!!!!

Good luck Mum!

Lorrie 

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lorrie, I worked today too, so no regular exercise. I did buy one of those pedometers and hooked it around my waist. It shows I took 3975 steps and walked 1.5 miles and burned 109 calories. It's actually more than I THOUGHT I did....hehe. Guess I can have an extra chocolate chip cookie tonight before bed........LOL

Happy Birthday Debisongbird---------chocolate cake..........YUUUUUMMMOOOOOO

bb_Zelda_Happy_Birthday.jpg Happy Birthday image by KimCandy2

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

I'm gonna TRY to get a walk or bike ride in today.

'cause I'm really having trouble getting this weight off.......LOL

c09f.jpg p448 image by lillisasmith420

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

Did forty minutes at the gym this morning between the treadmill and the bike. Getting a cortisone shot today in one or both knees. 

coonie, loved the picture. A little too close for comfort.  

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

OMG!  Coonie, I love the picture!  ROFL!

September--awesome workout.  I hope your cortisone shots work well for you!  My MIL gets them for her knees and it makes such a difference in her life!

Coonie--do it!  Oh, and you got me to get out my step counter too.  It really gets me to stop sitting on my butt (which I love to do Surprised)!

I did my Firm workout this morning!  Hurray!  I love to do this tape (yes...it's a VHS tape--I've had it that long).  I think I'm going to try to find it on DVD because the tape is starting to act funky!

Have a great day!

Lorrie 

• debisongbird
    edited October 2009
    Options

Well, I did walk yesterday! Yea, me! My pedometer showed 4, 375... Crappy sleep last night, can't promise I'll exercise today. Hope going grocery shopping counts.

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

Took the day of from exercise.Pathology came back clean so am working out my arm with a champagne glass.I know I am the bad one on this thread.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Congratulations Mum!!!  Take a sip of champagne for me!

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

Mum,, that's great news! And one for me. 

• Marple
    edited October 2009
    Options

What wonderful news Mum. 

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

No gym for me today. Had two cortisone shots (one in each knee) yesterday and am waiting to feel...something. So far no change. The PA did tell me it can take a couple of days for it to kick in. When I had a cortisone shot a few years ago for a heel spur, I remember it worked like magic. But maybe the magic took a couple of days to kick in.

I wonder if the Femara I'm taking has anything to do with it. Anybody here have joint issues with Femara?

• debisongbird
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi all - Well, gonna exercise (some) today. I love strapping on my pedometer. I feel empowered by that little device. Yesterday was a total bust for me. I was bad. Tried taking valium to help me sleep and had nightmares. So, that's that. I was out of it yesterday and in terrible pain. I think the pain is worse when you don't sleep. Anyway, I ate like it was my last meal. Anything I wanted and LOTS of chocolate. (oops) Today, however, is a NEW day. I did sleep some last night and I am getting out of this house and walking!!!

Congrats Mum on your report!!! I hope to be saying that soon. I have to be retested in a week or so because my tumor markers were high. And supposed to have another operation 11/11. So, I will be glad when I can shout...ALL CLEAR!!! Have some champange for me, too.

Just wondering, September Song, how long have you been taking Femara?

p.s.  Love the pics and graphics everyone. LOL.

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

I went climbing last night at the climbing gym and will go again tonight. 

I am slacking right now, skipping my lunch time walk.  We had a staff meeting that ran late and I have a lot to do.

• septembersong
    edited October 2009
    Options

Debi,

I started on Femara Jan. 1, 2009. Hard to believe it's coming up on a year.

• debisongbird
    edited October 2009
    Options

Coonie - Thank You! for the funny Happy Birthday greeting. I have jowls similiar to the doggy .Made me smile. thank you. I had a great Birthday! - Debs