Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• shelleyr25
    shelleyr25 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
    Options

Here is your laugh of the day.....I recently joined my local Gilda's Club and have gone to a few of their yoga classes. Well, on todays schedule there was a "Toning" class. I figured that would be a nice change up from the yoga so I signed up and went...WELL.....apparently "toning" has a number of different meanings...I assumed it was an exercise class (logical, huh?) however it was some type of meditation with sound...ie.."tones"!!!! Bizarre to say the least!!! I politely sat through the class but needless to say I did not burn a single calorie nor do my muscles feel toned...oh well...live and learn!! LOL!!!

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited November 2009
    Options

Shelley, thanks for my laugh of the day. As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say, it's always something.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2009
    Options

On the contrary, Shelley - for the whole class you were thinking "what am I doing here?" and so you were exercising your brain.  LOL

Daily exercise this weekend will be lots of cleaning house - moving furniture, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, steam cleaning floors, kitchen and 2 1/2 baths; linens, laundry - wow, I just need a nap thinking about it all. 

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009
    Options

Thank you for the laugh!

My exercise yesterday was in excess of 15K, to make up for it I only did 5K today.  Does that work?

All is good in my family .... hope all of you are doing well, too.

• Blondie1964
    Blondie1964 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    Options

I'd like to join too...I didn't exercise today.... but did run a 5k last Saturday (first race since DX!) - very big emotional deal for me...and will be running tomorrow am...

• Blondie1964
    Blondie1964 Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    Options

I'd like to join too...I didn't exercise today.... but did run a 5k last Saturday (first race since DX!) - very big emotional deal for me...and will be running tomorrow am...

Julie

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2009
    Options

Congratulations, Julie!

Patoo, I feel tired too listening to your weekend plans. I hope you leave some time for fun.

I haven't been posting but I have been exercising. I climbed on Tuesday and Wednesday. This morning I went to a pilates class, then tonight I went to the first class of a weekend yoga intensive. There are two classes tomorrow, then a final class on Sunday am.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2009
    Options

Did the gym today first sat in ages. Last week dropped 5lbs.

• patoo
    edited November 2009
    Options

Did grocery shopping - that's lots of walking because you know when I remember something it's back on the other side of the supermarket from me.

Also steam cleaned living room and kitchen floors.  Cleaned kitchen.  Up and down stairs several times doing laundry.  That's enough for today.

• AzKim
    AzKim Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    Options

Lets see,..this weekend I hiked for about 2 hrs and searched inside an old mine shaft (one that required getting on my hands and knees to get through the opening,.bet that was a lovely sight),.then the next day I hiked 4.5 miles uphill on the side of a canyon. 4 hrs round trip. Got some great photo ops of the canyons and the city. Unfortunately I didn't see any animals or find the other mine I was searching for,.but,.I did get a pretty sweet blister on my big toe! I was hoping when I woke up this morning,.I would have lost a belly roll too,...pffft,.nope. Undecided

I have plans to hike next weekend as well.

• mumito
    edited November 2009
    Options

Will torture myself today  by doing a class instead of machines. I call it the but squat class because we seem to do so much of them.

• septembersong
    edited November 2009
    Options

Finally back to the gym today after a long break due to this bad boy of a knee. (I'm now calling the orthopedist's office once a week to check for a cancellation to move up my Jan. appt.) I did twenty minutes on the stationary bike and feel like an Olympian.

Thankful today, among many things, for everyone on this thread who keeps pushing herself and gives such great support to the rest of us to do the same (even when pushing yourself just means getting from one couch to the other).

Happy Thanksgiving all!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited November 2009
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving!  

I ran a road race this morning!  Actually, it was a run/walk but I did it in 36 minutes!  Hurray!

I worked out on Monday and Wednesday too, doing my usual favorite tapes.

Now I feel ready to eat some delicious turkey dinner tonight!

We are really an energetic group!  I like that we are always looking to add some exercise in to our everyday lives.  Patoo--I like that you do so much housework.  I do heavy housework too and I think it is a great workout.  Lots of squats, bending, upper body work!

Mum--5 lbs is awesome!  

Welcome Blondie!  Isn't it the best feeling when you do your first workout after diagnosis.  I had tears in my eyes when I did my first step aerobic workout.  I felt like I was reclaiming part of myself!

AzKim--nice hiking.  I love to hike too.  We have a few decent mountains close by and we hike them when we can.  Exploring the mines sounds cool.  It makes the hike a whole lot more interesting.

September--Does the stationary bike hurt your knee?  I heard that recumbant (sp?) bikes are good for bad knees.  My brother had both his knees done and does the recumbant bike.  

I'm so thankful for all of you.  You inspire me to get up and do it and you also give me great ideas for how to mix it up and keep the exercise fun!

Have a great day!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited December 2009
    Options

Okay everyone - turkey day has come and gone and now it's back to exercise before the next BIG eating binge for the Christmas holidays. 

I got plenty of exercise running around  with family who came to town, cooking and now cleaning their aftermath.  Took today off and will start again tomorrow with 'real' exercise.  Anyone joining me?

• fmakj
    fmakj Member Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2009
    Options

OK Patoo,  I guess that it really is time for me to get serious!  Really.  (still talking myself into it though!)  My Brain is ready, but body is hedging!!  I know you ladies will give me some motivation by just hearing what you are doing for excercise!

• mumito
    edited December 2009
    Options

Yesterday I did the machines at gym today I will head to the torture butt squat class.Wish me luck.

• Morgan513
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hi everyone!

I exercised on Saturday and Monday.  It was a struggle this weekend due to too much Thanksgiving!  Yikes.  I ate a ton and drank too much(which I never do anymore!).   

I feel like I was more myself yesterday and I plan to workout again tomorrow!

Great work Patoo and Mum!

Lorrie 

• septembersong
    edited December 2009
    Options

Patoo, thanks for sending out the wake-up call. I did 20 minutes today on the stationary bike and it felt GOOD to be moving again. My plan is to increase my time gradually and to get back to 4-5 days a week. It's hard to get back on track during the holiday season, but checking in here makes a huge difference. Party on!

• fmakj
    edited December 2009
    Options

OK... this morning instead of crawling back into bed for an extra hour of shut eye before work, I went for a brisk walk around my town for an hour.... It felt wonderful!  Thanks for the wake-up call!  Will try for a repeat tomorrow morning!

• fmakj
    edited December 2009
    Options

Repeat hour-long walk done again this morning!!!  Maybe a Three-peat???

• mumito
    edited December 2009
    Options

Did the machines today for a full hour am changing up my routine working for 1/2 my workout at a much higher heartrate.This better work.

• patoo
    edited December 2009
    Options

I am so proud of you all.  Wish I could say I've been as motivated.  It was easier when it didn't get dark before I left work.  Mornings - that's a foreign concept for me.  I'll get there as long as I see you all doing it.  Have a busy weekend so at least I'll get some movement then. 

Keep up the good work.

• septembersong
    edited December 2009
    Options

My husband practically had to pry me out of bed this morning, but we made it to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike. That seemed to be about 10 minutes more than the old knee could take. But I got the 30 minutes in. Hoping/planning to get to the gym over the weekend, when my preferred cooking shows are on.

• fmakj
    edited December 2009
    Options

Three-peat is done!!!  As long as the weather co-operates, I should be able to walk on most week days.  I get up at 6, get my kids on the bus (6:45 and 7:10) and instead of crawling back into bed for another hour and a half, take an hour-long walk for the last 3 days.  I am feeling much more motivated and actually, was not tired today after the kids were gone, so did not struggle with the thought of going back to bed!  Now it is the week-end and I will have to find some type of excercise to do at least one of those days!!  Good luck everyone with your excercising!

Mary Louise

• Morgan513
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hey!  Where is everybody?

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Exercising, where else?   No time to post we are soooooooooo busy exercising.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!   Tongue out
  • Morgan513
    edited December 2009
    Options

LOL Patoo!  I'm checking in with you all and I have NOT been exercising.  I have, on the other hand, prepped and painted my dining room, cleaned (really really cleaned) my downstairs and put out my Christmas decorations.  And then there is always the shopping!  LOL!  I was supposed to have my carpet cleaned this morning but the service cancelled.  And, of course, AFTER I stripped everything out of the room.  Grrrr....  Now I'm going to pull out my old carpet cleaner and see if it will work for me!  I have the puppies and the carpet gets really nasty after awhile!  

Oh well!  Have a great day girls!

Lorrie 

• fmakj
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Who needs to do excercise when you are doing so much cleaning and furniture moving?? You are probably getting MORE excercise this way!    Still trying to walk every day, and when it is too cold/slippery, I slap in an excersice DVD.  So far so good, but now I am always hungry! Undecided
  • patoo
    edited December 2009
    Options

Got plenty of exercise walking and pushing a wheelchair in DisneyWorld but 2 days back and not a lick of motivation.  Got to find something to make me move.

• patoo
    edited December 2009
    Options

Driveway under 10-12 inches of snow - took 1-1/2 hours to shovel out.  I'm sure I'll pay forit in aches later today or tomorrow but at least it counts as exercise. 

Still down the 5 pounds that I lost in DisneyWorld last week so I'm thrilled.