Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited November 2009

Good morning.  I'm planning to do my favorite workout this morning.  I finally have a lighter schedule so I feel good and am sleeping better.

Flower--would DH understand if you told him that you want 30 mins or 60 mins uninterrupted and then you can help him.  You could load him up with everything he needs ahead of time and then just go off and do your workout?  Just a thought!

Coonie--where are you?

Lorrie 

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited November 2009

Did good on the weekend; nothing yet this week.  It's hard when you work all day and have other things to do evenings but I'll have to try harder. 

Flower - preparation for murder is not considered exercise!  Try Lorrie's sug and set DH up with something to divert his attention off of you. 

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Hi Patoo!

I did my workout!  Now I feel better.  I really really need to burn off my stress (and calories too)!

Have a great day everyone!

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2009

I went to a 6:30 am yoga class this morning . . . very pleased with myself for hauling myself out of bed and to the studio . . .

I am planning to walk during my lunch hour.  I haven't decided what to do tonight - normally I would go climbing, but my partner is out of town.    Decisions, decisions. 

• patoo
    edited November 2009
    6:30 am - sorry but that should be criminal!   Innocent
  • lisa-e
    edited November 2009

LOL, patoo!  I was happy to find an early am class. . .having a job keeps me from going to the classes I'd like to . . . I wonder what my dh would say if I quit my job so I had more time for yoga classes, pilates,climbing, etc. . .

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009

I did my 10K today!  Yea!  (Actually, I did 16 K steps).  Yesterday I did just manage to make my 10 K goal.....it was 10,030.  Bad news yesterday about Carl.  His surgery to repair the torn tendons won't be until December and then it will be 3 months before he's fully functional.  He is driving me crazy .... this is a man who is very active, can't sit still.  Always out riding his motorcycle or snowmobile or hiking.  Now, he is stuck without any arm strength and has to be careful to make sure he doesn't tear the tendons any further.  Ohhh, uggg.  And, of course, this means I get to mow the lawn (thank goodness its mostly asleep now) and shovel the snow (which hasn't started yet) and drive his mother around .....she's 97 and still in pretty good shape.  Gosh, I need to exercise all the time to keep myself from killing one or the other of them.  (At least mom doesn't live with us, just near us.)

Keep working out all.  I'll be back to talk some more.

• jsh22
    jsh22 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2009

Ok, it is now 2 weeks and a day since my mastectomy and I am happy to report I am back running and doing some upper body weight lifting.  I ran 15 minutes on treadmill, Wednesday and made it 30 minutes today after my weight workout.  Since starting back with exercise I feel so much better and have more energy...it really helps with recovery of both the mind and body!  Everyone keep up the good work!

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Congratulations JSH!  Exercise really helped with my recovery too!

Hey, where is everyone else?!

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    edited November 2009

I broke the hinge on my laptop and it is being repaired, so I am reduced to posting from work.

Anyway, yestersay was a rest day.  Today I went to pilates class in the morning  and will go to the gym tonight for an aerobic workout. 

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Sounds great Lisa.  My laptop cord broke last week and I had no power.  I had get time on another computer to check in.  I got my new cord on Thursday so I am full powered on my laptop.

No exercise for me today.  A day off.  Tomorrow I will probably do another tape although I may try the treadmill.  It all depends on the whereabouts of my family.  I have to take my cat to the vet for her yearly check-up.  Always fun!  Surprised

I had a f/u with the breast surgeon yesterday and all is well!  Hurray!  

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Did 2 laps around the mall after work this evening.  Not a lot but at least it was something - only about 3500 steps.  Dropping my son at another mall tomorrow and will then walk at an even larger mall before picking him up 3-hours later. 

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

That's a great idea Patoo.  I'm going to do the treadmill after I take my cat to the vet this morning!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Leaving in a few minutes for the mall and will walk myself dizzy.

Had to renew my driver's license this a.m. and, OMG, the picture!!!!!!!  Face is so much heavier than it was 4 years ago.  I'm not a happy camper right now.  Talk about a motivator!!!!!  Think I will blow up a picture and place in strategic places around the house.  Will also google exercises to reduce double-chins.  <  sigh  >  Cry

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited November 2009

Bad Bad Mumayan only exercise I did today was eat.

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2009

I've done my 10K steps for 6 (count 'em ...6!) days straight.  Managed to do weights 3 times this week and even got on the darned stationary bike once.  Today looks to be fairly light .... I've done about 45 minutes of arobics so far, but need to get out into the yard to spread compost and the house MUST be cleaned.  So it'll be a lot of exercise, but probably won't do enough steps .... that's why I count offical exercise (you know, when you are doing it specifically as exercise, not as fun or something) and I count steps.  I only exercise 5 days a week, but I sometimes make 10K all week.

Take care, all.  

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Did 10K steps today - YAY!  Then Dyson'd 2 rooms and about 35 stairs.  Enough for today.  Also ate lite today.  Will try and make it to the pool t'm to do some water aerobics.  Haven't done them since before my knee problems but need to get there while my motivation is high. 

Doing those 10K takes me 2-1/2 hours.  No way I can do that during the week when I work full-time.  I am many things - a glutton for punishment is not one of them.  If I can get in an hour a day I will be thrilled.

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

Hi Pattoo and everyone!

I'm just checking in.  I wound up walking to town yesterday which accumulated 11,348 steps.  Wow!  My DH and I were going to take a walk in the town forest but I knew I had to get to the grocery store so we decided to take the walk to town, get our groceries and walk back.  It was fun and efficient too!

Today I did my favorite workout and then I did some yoga using the Wii Fit.  The Wii Fit is a riot.  I love it.  But....I gained 3 lbs since a last weighed in which was about 2 weeks ago!  Surprised

Oh well...time to watch my weight and not just watch is grow!

Lorrie 

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Good girl today 20min treadmill then 30 min eliptical then all arm weight machines.Thankgoodness for stretching.

• lisa-e
    edited November 2009

This weekend my exercise consisted of walking.   I was out of town, so didn't follow my normal routine.  But today, I went for a walk  during my lunch hour.  It was first time that I have not wanted to stop and huff and puff while climbing up the long flight of stairs on my route.  Some progress!  I am going to the climbing gym tonight.

• patoo
    edited November 2009

Just did a little walking in place for about 20 mons before bed last night.  Couldn't motivate myself to do more - at least I moved.

Nothing today but I've already resigned myself to less during the week.  After working a full day I'm pooped.  Will try to get up off this couch in a few, go upstairs and maybe do some more in-place walking and maybe some stretching. 

At least the scale hasn't gone up (not down either!)

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Patoo you must have the same scale as me.Never seems to move up or down.

I am doing a class today at the gym called Newbody.Thats what I want.

• Morgan513
    edited November 2009

LOL, Mum!  I want a new body too!

I'm going to put a real effort in to losing some extra weight.  It seems like I can exercise all I want but the scale does NOT move.  Or it moves in the wrong direction!  Yell

I will most likely not exercise today.  It's a work day but...maybe the spirit will move me....

Lorrie 

• aspen
    aspen Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2009

Just in from Wally-world.  Purchased a weight bench for not a lot of money (couldn't see the big bucks since I belong to a gym (only $10 a month fee though).  Have free weights already and am going to do the upper body workouts in the privacy of my basement with my music.  The cardio and legs will be done at the gym (up to 4 miles on the treadmill). 

Morgan513- I'm still working on the sodas.  I've cut way, way back and maybe lost a lb. or two, but adding in the cardio seems to be working on the waist and the meno-tummy.  Can see a difference in my clothes at least.  I keep reminding myself that I told you I was going anti-soda and I'm not going to let you (and me) down.  Thanks for the motivation. 

Rita 

• shelleyr25
    shelleyr25 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009
    Hi Ladies- I am joining this thread to hopefully get some more motivation to exercise. I am almost a month post-lump and due to start rads on Thursday. I have just begun some yoga (I have a tape and will go to some local classes) and hope to get back on the treadmill a few times a week. Please motivate me!!!!!!!!!Laughing
  • lisa-e
    edited November 2009

I went to yoga class this morning and will go for a hike (about 5 miles)  later this morning. 

Shelley, keep at it - my experience I feel better when I exercise. 

• shelleyr25
    shelleyr25 Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2009

Thanks Lisa!!

I did my yoga tape today and am headed up to the treadmill now to do a half hour...I guess that is better than nothing 

• mumito
    edited November 2009

Did the machines at gym today.But probably should not of bought that bottle of wine.

• lisa-e
    edited November 2009

LOL, Mumayan!  The question is have you opened the bottle of wine and started drinking it?  Imo, nothing is better than a post work out beer.  Since bc, I drink less often, but I refuse to stop entirely.

Shelley, a yoga session and half an hour on the treadmill is respectable - don't day things like it "better than nothing."  Pat your self on the back for your accomplishments.  My office mate and I track our exercise.  If we exercise everyday (half an hour of walking counts) for a month, we go out to lunch.

• septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited November 2009

Back from vacation, and happy to say that my husband and I actually LOST some weight while we were away--it must have been all the walking (since we ate everything wonderful thing that was put in front of us, and then some). But the trip was murder on my knee. I went to the gym yesterday and spent 30 mins. on the stationary bike, and today I'm just resting it, and will do the same tomorrow.

Mammogram on Monday. Please send me a good thought.