Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2009
    Options

Good morning all you exercisers!

My confession is I didn't exercise yesterday. It rained and rained

and rained all day long. We even had some flooding problems.

But today is supposed to be a better day. High 65 degrees F and I

plan to get out and do something. I have been wearing my pedometer.

It showed 2.5 miles yesterday. I did alot of walking at work yesterday, but

I don't think it counts unless it's continuous---without stopping. At least it's better

than sitting on my big booty and not doing a thing!  LOL

((((hugs to ya all this fantabulous Friday))))Laughing

Ok everybody---come on and let's get mooooooving!! LOL

dog_walking_dog.jpg Dog Walking Dog image by rogueamp

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2009
    Options

I promise to get my but into the gym today we will see how long i will last.

Hopefully it doesn't look like this one. LOL

• sarahsewer
    sarahsewer Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2009
    Options

Yippee! This morning I nordic tracked for a half hour and enjoyed the BIGGEST hot flash! It is nice when you have one when you should be sweating anyway.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can manage a sensible breakfast...

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

I lasted 45min on the eliptical today.Soon I will be up to an hour.Then I will tackle some classes.

• debisongbird
    debisongbird Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009
    Options

You guys are awesome! Go on with your bad self. I am pretty darn out of shape. If I walk (when) 4,000+ steps it's a big deal for me. And y'all with your eliptical training and such. I'm impressed! Here I go again...walkin the mall. Happy Friday everyone!

• Morgan513
    Morgan513 Member Posts: 303
    edited October 2009
    Options

Worked today so no workout!  But, yesterday I hooked up the WiiFit I got for my birthday.  It was so much fun.  I did a little working out on it but I was a blast.  It's like playing a game while getting some exercise in.  

You are all movers and shakers!  Awesome!  

Lorrie 

• lisa-e
    lisa-e Member Posts: 169
    edited October 2009
    Options

I went to pilates class this morning, then for a walk at lunch - about 2 miles, with lots of steps and hills.  I am sweaty, even without having had a hot flash!

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009
    Options

Let's see. I've been delinquent posting here--too much time spent on some of the other really wild threads. Does that count as a workout? I'm exhausted when I'm done!

Thursday I climbed and also had my butt kicked by my Pilates reformer trainer. Whew! It was awesome!

Friday I worked then drank a martini.

Today, it was a sweaty spin class and then core class. Then breakfast out--no pancakes!!

And now it's nap time!!

Anne

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2009
    Options

I've also been delinquent because there's been no 'daily' in my exercise.  Actually there's been on 'weekly' this week either.  But I did steam clean carpets this morning.  3 hours so that counts (well, except for the napolitan I ate afterwards!). 

Tired now so know I won't do any tonight.  Will try tomorrow.

The good news is my weight is still the same as 2 weeks ago so that's a bonus.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm excited to post that I rode 20 miles on my bicycle today. My little nephew came over and brought his bike, so it was a really fun ride. We did end up at Sonic though and had ice creamSurprised It was worth every bite though. He's such a sweet child and it was a day both of us will never forget. (he's 8)
  • septembersong
    septembersong Member Posts: 153
    edited October 2009
    Options

I'm beginning to feel that I am not worthy to post on this thread. OK. I haven't been to the gym since the cortisone shot in my knee because somehow I feel like I could break it, dislocate it, god knows what. (I was bit of a hypochondriac before breast cancer, and now I think I'm just nuts.) I'll go once more before we go on vacation, and then I'll be walking every day. Well, that's the plan.

I had a pedometer (two, actually) but somehow broke both of them. I'm really impressed by those 4,000 steps. I could only get those numbers when I spent 45 mins. on the treadmill.

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Septembersong, you are not alone.  The good news is (no, there is no corresponding 'bad' news) that the thread is called "Let's Post our Daily Exercise".  That means we get to post today's results and start all over again tomorrow. 
  • coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

LOL Patoo!! I love your way of thinking:)

Septembersong--she's right. Tomorrow is always another day!! Hang in there.

I think I'll take the advice of my nephew. He told me yesterday since I rode so many miles, I should take off the next few days. hehe Sounds like a good idea to me:)

Hope you all have a wondermous Sunday!

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

Okay I am off to the gym this morning.Burn fat burn.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I didn't exercise at all yesterday - very unmotivated...

Today I am going to go to yoga class and then climbing at the gym.

• debisongbird
    debisongbird Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2009
    Options

Haven't exercised in a few days. I'm having trouble sleeping. Waah...wahh...Anyhoo, when I do get out it feels good. The beautiful fall weather here in No. Calif.  Yeah, last time I walk my pedometer said 4,000+ steps, but I think it gives me 2 stepsfor each actual step I take. Or something like that. You're supposed to set it to your own stride (mine being long), but let me just say it took me a year to figure out how to turn off my cell phone (smile) so I just let it read 4,000. Makes me feel good, anyway. Keep on, ladies.

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Just walked 1-1/2 hours - YAY!  Pedometer says 2.9 miles.

Debi, my pedometer said a little more than 7200 steps but I haven't found one yet that is real accurate so I'll just go with it like you.  I know, because when I got home it gave me another 220 steps up 2 flights of stairs and back down one.  No wonder I'm so tired all the time - those are some hefty flights of stairs if I go by the pedometer!!!

I do feel good. 

• AnneW
    AnneW Member Posts: 612
    edited October 2009
    Options

Lazy day today. Passed on the invite to climb in the gym. It was snowing and foggy and cold, and I just stayed at home with a book, the cats, and a cup of tea.

Sometimes you just need this kind of day off!

Anne

• FlowerArtist
    FlowerArtist Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hey, I like this thread.  May I join in?

I'm pretty much of an indoor exerciser....lots of VHS and DVDs.  I love some of the older Jane Fonda's.....does this date me?  I generally work out for an hour or so Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.  Tuesday and Thursdays are bowling days.....and Sunday is a day of well needed rest.

I actually have been working out for several years.  A year ago (well in 30 minutes or so), I had my second surgery for BC .... no, not 2 occurances of BC, just 1 but needed clear margins.  I then had a course of radiation and I exercised all the way through!  (Doctor asked if I was experiencing fatigue and I said I cut back to 3 miles instead of 4.....LOL, I think its more exercise than he was getting.) 

One thing that happened as a result of the whole BC experience was that I became really committed to exercising (and dropped 12 pounds) but now I've had my first post BC mammo and its clear and I'm finding that my motivation is dropping.  I'm hoping that posting my patterns will re-motivate me ..... I really do feel better when I exercise.

Patoo, I wish I had your pedometer!  Mine sometimes tells me I haven't even moved after I've been up and down the stairs!

• my3girls
    my3girls Member Posts: 1,291
    edited October 2009
    Options

Can I join in too?

I was an avid runner. But with my knees not feeling like they used too, I power walk for 3 miles. I did this last night with my g/f. It takes us about 45 min. We really move fast.

I sometimes mix a run in here and there. But we try and power walk at least 3-4 times a week. On the off days', I do a dvd from Jillian (Biggest looser trainer) called Shred...awesome. It's a 20 min. workout that incorporates, weights, core and areobic. Really good workout!!

Lisa

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi everybody!  Welcome to Lisa and Flower!  

I've been absent since we've been hit with a computer virus.  I am able to get online briefly but it's been a tough battle trying to get rid of the virus.  

My exercise has been minimal for the last few days.  I do plan to workout this morning.  My favorite Monday workout is the Firm Cardio Step Mix.  I love it!  LOL

September--please stay.  As you can see, we all have our on and off times.  I'm trying to pull myself out of an "off" time.  Hang in!  Maybe posting here can keep us all motivated!

Lorrie 

• mumito
    edited October 2009
    Options

Today is a beautiful fall day will switch to an outside walk just make sure it lasts an hour.Maybe take my camera with me.

• coonie
    edited October 2009
    Options

Welcome Lisa and Flower!!

Good morning Lorrie and Mum.

I'm gonna "try" to get in some exercise today, but not making

any promises:) Just feel exhausted after the weekend!

Lorrie--do you still have your little puppy? I was wondering how the older dog

and the puppy are getting along?

Mum--your plan sounds great today. I'd love to see the pics you take. Our weather is beginning to feel a little more like fall, but the trees are still covered with green leaves.

Hugs to all you ladies!! Hope you have a wondermous Monday!

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi Coonie!

Yes, the little guy is still here.  He is so adorable.  Sunny (the big girl) is doing better with him.  She never ever bites him although she "mouths" him when they wrestle.  He, on the other hands, bites her until she cries!  It a little crazy around here sometimes but it's the best kind of crazy.  I love it.  I love my home being filled with furry creatures!

Lorrie 

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Did another 1/2 hour walking in place in front of the TV watching the news last night.  It's amazing doing that at night before bed does not keep me up.  I think I actually sleep better - go figure. 

It's nice here today but by the time I get home it may be too late to walk as I don't do dark very well.  If all else fails I will do the treadmill.  At least in front of the TV I will usually get in about an hour.

Flower - seems I can be standing still and my pedometer will say I took 6 steps!  I change the sensitivity but it still tells me I'm moving - maybe it's counting how many breaths I take instead of steps  LOL.

• lisa-e
    edited October 2009
    Options

I've never gotten a pedometer to work for me, so gave up on them. 

Tonight's  pilates class  was cancelled - the instructor was ill.  So, instead of walking at lunch anad going to pilates class, I decided that I will go to the gym after work.  I'll do an aerobic workout and lift weights.

• Morgan513
    edited October 2009
    Options

I did my favorite workout!  I've also cleaned my room and vacuumed.  LOL.  I have tons of energy today but I always do when I workout.  Amazing!

I'm going to play around with the Wii Fit tonight.  My sons gave it to me for my birthday.  It's tons of fun!

Lorrie 

• FlowerArtist
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hi Everybody!

I'm feeling really, really proud of myself today.  Did my regular hour workout .... today was Leslie Sansome's Advanced 5 miles ..... I went for music only and did it straight through.  Later Carl, my husband, wanted to go for a walk, so I did that with him as well.  Bottom line:  my pedometer said I did more than 15 K!  (I then blew it off, because I went to reset my stride length and hit the wrong key ... go figure, the one I want to keep looking at for a week is gone!  Now it says I've only done 120 steps all day long ..... grrrr.)

I've been using an Omron battery operated pedometer and its pretty good at counting steps as long as I don't get it too crooked.  It will work upside down, but it won't work sideways.  I've had it for somewhat more than a year (I started using it before BC) and did have to replace the battery once.  I find that by using it I tend to push myself to do more ..... its really bad when you look at it and see that you've only moved enough for 2 K steps.

Hey, good work for all of you guys posting. Way to go!  Keep up the good work!  I'm hoping that the motivation of posting keeps me excercising.  Sure worked for today .... and its only 4:30 in the afternoon here in Reno.

Yes, Morgan, I've noticed too that the more I exercise, the more energy I have.  Seems counter-intuitive doesn't it.

Take care all.

• patoo
    edited October 2009
    Options

Oh, okay.  I'll go upstairs in a few and get some walking in.  < sigh >  I'm really tired but will push.  Will let you know t'm if the thought lasts long enough to get upstairs LOL.

• FlowerArtist
    edited October 2009
    Options

Today I went bowling and took a very cold walk around the lake.  Still slightly shy of my goal of 10K steps (around 9500 now), but I think I'll make it.

Go girls!