Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,754
    edited June 2023
    Options

Karen: I'm so glad you're okay! I think about you everyday and hold you in my prayers.

This weekend our local Food Network organization scheduled farm tours for Saturday and today. Toured 4 farms yesterday and 2 today. One was a water buffalo farm. They milk the buffaloes to make mozzarella. Also visited a flower farm - just beautiful.

Pictures: water buffalo, portable turkey coop, giant dahlia, and a week old goat.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    Options

What a fun weekend, Wonderland!

Karen, I am so glad you checked in. I also think about you every day with hopes & prayers that you are, indeed, okay. How is the new baby doing?

This cold is really kicking my butt. I'm hoping I turn the corner soon as we always have a big 4th of July picnic in our yard & I need to get started on the preparations (not to mention clean the house from basically being gone for two weeks!). Argh!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    Options

Hi Karen

Add me to the list of folks who are holding you tight and keep you in prayers daily!

Ruth - have you tested for COVID? Assuming you flew to NC, have been hearing the flights are all full full full and plane induced colds are rampant.

Take care everyone, TT

• ruthbru
    edited June 2023
    Options

TT, I went into Urgent Care Saturday to get checked out because I was worried about that. I could kick myself for not wearing a mask in the airport & on the planes because a bad cold isn't fun either!

• wonderland
    Options

Goodness, Ruth. Hope start feeling better soon. I know that you'll know when it's time to go back to the doctor.

Walked/ran today before the thunderstorms and hail arrived later in the evening.

• wonderland
    Options

Hope you are taking a turn for the better, Ruth.

Push mowed today for 1 hour 30 minutes with one break. High humidity and dew point have arrived for the summer.

• ruthbru
    edited June 2023
    Options

I feel better today but think I will lie low for the rest of the week (not quite lying low as I am bit by bit getting ready for our Annual 4th of July Party). The Wednesday Walking Women are taking a field trip to a small town nearby where they have just opened a new restaurant. I decided not to go because I don't think I should sit in a car with people breathing germs on them…..so I am feeling rather sorry for myself at the moment. Alas!

• trmtab
    Options

Ugh Ruth…planes are crazy right now…all full full full, and with the smoke in the midwest another bunch of delays and cancellations. It took my DH 2 days to get from Richmond, VA to Indianapolis. Cancelled flights, delayed flights, rerouting…he could have driving the 12 hours from our home to Purdue vs the 36 hrs of purgatory. He wore a mask and is still wearing one as Indiana is really smoking right now.

Glad you are on the mend, though. and hopefully are good enough to enjoy the long weekend ahead.

Today is the last day of summer school teaching, Finals Thursday and Friday. Will take the long weekend to enjoy with family and then do my grading on the 5th and 6th…and then start real summer for 6 weeks!

Have been to the gym Sun/Mon/Tues and will go for Tai Chi at lunchtime. TT

• wonderland
    Options

Ruth: Keep improving every day!

TT: 36 hours of purgatory sounds right! What a mess for air travel. And the wildfire smoke is causing severe air quality. Hopefully your dh will not have travel difficulties on his way home.

My 2 sisters came for a nice visit today. Walked this evening.

• ruthbru
    Options

I'm glad I wasn't flying Delta into Charlotte today. Did you see that one of their planes had to make an emergency landing because their landing gear didn't deploy. Everyone had to slide down the shoots! That would have been an exciting start to my vacation! 😮

• wonderland
    Options

I saw that on the news, Ruth. So scary!

Walked today. The heat and humidity are supposed to crank up this weekend. Next week's predictions are that the real-feel temperatures will be over 100 degrees.

• ruthbru
    Options

It's a beautiful day here. I spent a lot of time on yard work & made multiple trips downtown getting organized for our 4th of July picnic. I still have to clean the house. Yuck! I'm feeling about 90% so am getting back to normal!

• ruthbru
    Options

I spent today cleaning the house. Not my favorite activity

• ruthbru
    Options

I took a dog walk this afternoon & went to Yoga in the Park this evening. 96 degrees today. Whew!

• wonderland
    Options

We're in the 90s also, Ruth. I'm trying to get acclimated. Didn't walk Friday or Saturday. This evening I convinced myself to Just Do It. So, I went on my walk/ran. It was hot for sure but also felt good.

I have decided to have dh's side of the family over for the 4th. Like Ruth, I need to get organized and clean the house. For the last several years with the exception of 2020, we have been at the beach with my side of the family for the week of the 4th. We decided to change to another week for this year and I'm glad we did. Too many people and lots of traffic!

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to Dance2fit this morning, took a dog walk this afternoon & set up tables & chairs in the backyard. There is a 70% chance of rain tonight, which better be done by late morning or I will not be amused!

• wonderland
    Options

Hope it didn't rain on your party, Ruth. I had 16 people and a 1 year old over for our lunch cookout. It was in the 90s and hot so we ate inside. The last people left at 5:30. I put the house back in order and have decided to take it easy the rest of the night. That is, until the fireworks start up! Just got our 2 cats in the house so they don't run off bc of the noise.

Happy 4th of July, Everyone!

• ruthbru
    Options

You beat me by 2, Wonderland. We had 15 adults & no kiddos. We actually had about the nicest weather I can ever remember. It rained overnight, which cleared out the air. A cold front came in behind it so the high was in the mid-70s……so it was lovely. My final guest left about 7:00 (which was fine because she helped clean up!). DH & I finished the final/final putting everything back in place (although I am still waiting for a load of towels, dish clothes etc. to finish drying. I'm just going to go out on my deck to watch the official fireworks…..too tired to go out again, plus I have a crazy dog who is being driven crazy by the fireworks (which are legal for people to shot off themselves July 1-5. Very hard on pets!).

My Fitbit says I got 14,000 steps today.

• ruthbru
    Options

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women celebrating 4th of July week with a walk around an old fort.

• wonderland
    Options

Great WWW picture. That's an amazing flag dress!

Walked earlier today. Came home and decided that my watermelon door hanger I painted in 2017 needed an update. I keep it outside on my deck during the summer and the weather has done a number on it. It's 18 inches.

• ruthbru
    Options

You are so creative, Wonderland!

I will probably go for a dog walk today, Dance2fit & Yoga.

• trmtab
    Options

Love the flag dress!

My DH's return was almost as horrible as the trip out to Indianapolis…but he did get home at midnight on Friday June 30…so we had an extended July 4th weekend!

Wonderland, the travel now is crazy so having a beach week NOT on the fourth sounds like a good plan, our family usually goes in May and October…perfect!

It has been too hot and humid here in SE Virginia for much of anything! It is like the switch was tripped from a beautiful June to a hot humid July, ugh. Has been too hot to even enjoy the patio…

Because of special classes at the gym, including special July 4th programming, I have 6 days straight at the gym this week, Sun - Friday. today is a bittersweet day as we celebrate my friend Bill who died 2 months ago, but who would have been 90 today…so after our noon class we will raise a toast and have a time of memory with his wife Mary and those who have known them for nearly 20 years.

Take care everyone, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, there are some people who are so vital that even if they are almost 90 years old, they have died too young. Bill was one of them.

We had a rotten June, so we have flipped to nicer weather. Strange weather all over the world.

• wonderland
    Options

TT: What a nice tribute to your friend.

Walked with a friend on Friday. Saturday was a day for errands. Walked/ran today. Tomorrow is mow day.

• ruthbru
    Options

I just got back from a long weekend, visiting my brother & sister-in-law who live near Minneapolis & my 89 year old aunt & cousins in Wisconsin. We did lots & lots of walking so got my steps if not any toning. I need to get back to a normal schedule and diet tomorrow!!!

• wonderland
    Options

Such a nice trip, Ruth. How nice that you got to visit everyone, especially your aunt.

Mowed 1 hour and 15 minutes today with breaks. I accidentally ran over a yellow jacket nest. Got stung 7 times! They HURT! I've iced them, put baking soda paste on them, and taken Advil. 4 of them are really red and swollen and I'm worried about cellulitis. I have taken pictures and circled the red areas with a pen. I'll know tomorrow if I need to go to the doctor.

• ruthbru
    Options

Oh no, Wonderland! I have had several run-ins with swarms of bees and they are awful. You can also crush up Benedryl & make a paste to put on them topically (and swallow some down to reduce swelling from the inside). Hope you are feeling better today & don't need to go to the doctor (although if you do need to go, sooner is better than later).

I am off for a haircut & lunch with a friend. Zumba & Yoga this evening.

• trmtab
    Options

Oh, that sounds horrible Wonderland…good remedies though, haven't heard of those before, benedryl paste!

Today is prep day before going off to DC for business meetings Wed-Sun, so lots of running around, but no running to the gym. Lots of steps in my future, though, while in DC.TT

• wonderland
    Options

I also have never heard of the Benedryl paste. Will remember that if I have another unfortunate encounter.

Could hardly sleep last night bc of the pain. Swelling has gone down on all the stings except one. The redness hasn't spread, thank goodness. I found some Advil 800mg and took one this morning. That really helped. Doing better now. Again, thank goodness!

TT: Even though your trip is work related, I hope you can have fun in DC.

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

Walked this morning with my husband. We used to walk 4 miles at least 4-5 times a week, but he had back surgery and is slowly moving back to where we were. It's blazing hot here in Fl now so if you don't get out before 9am, it's miserable.

I belong to the Y and should go more, but as a realtor I find my morning getting away from me.