Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,836

Good luck with the prep, wonderland. It's not as horrible as it used to be, but still no fun!

Yesterday I took a walk with a friend, went to Yoga Strength, and worked in the yard. I went to yoga today & ran around flower shopping. I'm definitely stimulating the local economy!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437

jt24 welcome! I just removed both my implants (had them for 12 years) and am now flat. I follow a Facebook group of women who have gone flat and many of them are able to walk/run with no problem.

Wonderland- I hope your colonoscopy went smoothly. Your hikes sound wonderful.

Karen- Congrats on your new grandchild! I am sorry you keep dropping weight; it must be exhausting. Any suggestions from your appointment with the nutritionist?
    I am having the opposite issue over here. Recovery has meant limited exercise and I think I am snacking for both of us.
    I have been walking and am back to school now so hopefully getting back into a routine will help.

TT- I hope graduation weekend went well.

Ruth- I hope dog sitting and planting went well. The temperature has been all over the place. DH had just planted vegetables in our raised bed and a few days later we got a freeze warning. He had to cover everything and luckily we only lost one tomato plant.

• ruthbru

We went straight from winter to summer. It's predicted to be 90 here tomorrow so we are watering like crazy. The dogs get tired out pretty fast when it's this hot (which is a good thing!).

I went to Zumba this morning. Watered my flowers, picked some weeds, met a friend & her dog at the Dog Park, and worked on a project. Next I plan to take a shower, sit down, and read a book!

• ruthbru

I went to Zumba. They are resurfacing the floors in the gym of my exercise center…horrible smell…..by the time class was done I felt sick and high. Thank goodness the yoga class following was held outside!

• ruthbru

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women enjoying the great outdoors.

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,724

Nice picture, Ruth!

Well, my colonoscopy prep was NOT fun. But, I did get good results and I don't have to have another one for 10 years.

Walked this morning. Tomorrow I'm the host for a Red Cross blood drive at our church. Hopefully all goes well with the donors. The very first time I did it a woman got sick at the snack table where I was in charge. Luckily the RC people jumped into action and helped her. Another woman turned white but she was still laying down so I didn't have to help her. May tomorrow be uneventful.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,484

Last day of the school year for me - taking FMLA next week to go meet my grand daughter. We can't wait to hold her. My team had our last meeting of the year and they gave me a gorgeous plant for the yard and a gift card. So many sweet notes on the card. Really touched my heart. They went out for a celebration after the meeting, but I didn't join them as my son was coming to dinner to see how his mother is doing. What a great young man (what is the correct term for a 34 year old) - love him to pieces.

• ruthbru

My DS turns 34 on Sunday and his still a young man to me!!!! 😃

What day do you leave, Karen? You MUST send us a gramma/baby picture! I am sure she is the cutest, most cunning baby in the world (at least that is what my friends with grandkids say about theirs). What an exciting time!

I skipped class this morning to play in the dirt. A friend of mine is thinning out her daisies and gave me some. I needed to move some annuals to make room for them and then water good. It's supposed to get hot later so I was out at 7 am. I'll go to Dance2fit and yoga this evening

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,484

My son is also a May baby - we now have 4 May birthdays and Mother's day in a 13 day time span (Ma 3 to 16)- before grand baby it was 3 birthdays and mother's day in either 9, 10 or 11 days depending if Mother's day was after my son's and my birthdays or before.

I'll be off line for the next couple of days - religious holiday starts tonight and ends Saturday night - probably won't get online again till Sunday.

• wonderland

Karen: I know you can't wait to hold your precious granddaughter in your arms. How wonderful that you are taking time off to go visit. Sounds like the perfect medicine for you. What a nice thing your team has done for you by giving you a lovely plant and gift card.

Ruth: Have fun playing in the dirt. We finally planted the garden so produce will come in a little later than usual. It's supposed to be rainy and in the 50s for the weekend. Sounds like I'm having your weather and you're having mine.

The blood drive went without an incident, thank goodness. The goal was 20 units and we got 26. That makes me very happy.

Mowed this morning for over 90 minutes. I could mow all day in this nice, cool weather we are having. Then I met a friend to walk and talk.

• ruthbru

I worked outside all yesterday. Today I walked for 45 minutes & did a 30 minute yoga DVD.

• ruthbru

Another 30 minute toning DVD & 15 minutes of dancing with Marshall Fitness. We went out to dinner with DS, fiance and 3 of their friends. When DS was little, I gave my parents & DH's mom 'Grandparents Remember' books to fill out (DH's dad had already passed away). DH & I each filled out a remembrance book too (things about our early lives, how we met, what we remembered about him from babyhood through high school). I held onto the books (because what 18 year old kid would be interested in that kind of thing!) until now, when I passed them on to him. 💖

• wonderland
    edited May 2023

Ruth: What a wonderful thing to give your ds! He will cherish the books. I bet you had a good time filling your book out.

Karen: I know you are enjoying your new granddaughter.

Well, I have done nothing exercise wise since Friday. It has rained, rained, and rained. Still a chance of rain tomorrow. Dd (her dh had to work today), dh and I went out for breakfast this morning.

Ruth: How are wedding plans coming along? A friend of mine has a son who lives in Boston and is also getting married in September. They are getting married at a camp in MA where guests can spend the night so it's a weekend long wedding. Dinner Friday night, lunch Saturday, wedding and dinner Saturday night, breakfast on Sunday. That's alot! 150 people are invited to attend all of it or as much as they can. People can stay in cabins (bring your own sleeping bag but linens are available if requested) that sleep anywhere from 23 to 8 people in bunk beds, there are a couple of smaller cabins with their own bathroom, and a large house that sleeps 14 people. The smaller cabins (I think) and the house (I know this for sure) has beds that don't need a sleeping bags. Sounds like a crazy weekend and personally I'm glad I'm not the Mother of the Bride organizing all of it!

• ruthbru

Goodness, that wedding sounds more like work than fun (for the people organizing it anyway!). I believe (and hope!) that they are getting the announcements out soon. (Being the mother of the groom, I have to be a little careful about making too many suggestions….I am such a 'plan things out ahead of time' person, which they are not, so it kind of drives me crazy). Lots of the decorations are purchased (and being stored in my basement….including a beautiful flower-covered arch that DS's fiance & her friend put together). I've ordered and sent back 3 dresses, and have 3 more that should arrive this week. I'd like to get that out of the way sooner than later as I know whatever I get will need to be shortened if nothing else. I think the only thing I am in charge of is the rehearsal dinner & maybe if people want to stop by my house on Sunday for a light brunch, that is something I could put together. i will have to put together a timeline for myself (which should include deep cleaning my house…yuck!).

I haven't done any exercise today either (except some yard-work) so maybe will dance around the house a little now.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2023

Yesterday I went to Pound in the morning and both Zumba & Yoga at night (trying to make up for the long weekend). Here's the Wednesday Walking Women fooling around on a kid's stage coach at the Frontier Village (tourist stop on the edge of town) where we walked today.

• wonderland

Love the horses! Hopefully one of the dresses arriving this week will be The One, Ruth. I think my friend's son's wedding is a bit much but it's what they want. It takes a lot of planning to keep that many people fed, watered, and entertained for 3 days.

A friend of mine who lives in SC has a dil who live in NJ who has been dx with Stage 3 triple neg bc. She's 41 and has a 1 year old and 5 year old. I don't have the full story bc my friend is the mil and it's just not the same as if she were her dd. My friend and her dh have been up twice to help with the kids and household. The tx plan was to take something for 12 weeks (friend doesn't know the name of the chemo), then dd of Adriamycin, surgery, rads. My friend called me yesterday and said they are stopping the A bc her dil has become chemo resistant. Her surgery will now be next week instead of September. I don't know a lot about TN and their limited treatments so I've been reading up on it. Looks like it very to become chemo resistant with TN. I'm going to go over to the TN thread and ask those ladies but BCO is NOT easy to find my way around (for me, anyhow).

Finally got off my butt and walked/ran today. Plus it hasn't rained today - cloudy but no rain.

• ruthbru

My teacher's assistant for 13 years has been diagnosed with the same thing Wonderland. She is on 12 weeks of a cocktail of drugs, followed by AC, followed by surgery/rads & then MORE chemo (her plan was drawn up in consultation with Mayo). She had been doing okay, but this last round has been rough. We had planned to go to lunch yesterday, but she canceled as she felt so crappy. Hard, scary stuff.

In two weekends we are invited to what will be a 'fancy' wedding. Since I don't have, or need, fancy dresses. I dusted off my 'little black dress' (which I got at Maurices a couple years ago, so it's not expensive), dug through my jewelry box for a nice necklace & bought some 'statement' earrings to bling it up a little.

My Book Club meets tonight. I'm skipping supper so I can eat more hors d'oeuvres and dessert!

• wonderland

I reread what I had typed earlier. "Looks like it very to become chemo resistant with TN" should have been "Looks like it very COMMON to become chemo resistant with TN." Hope your assistant who worked with you will not become resistant. My friend's dil had 2 doses of A and then they stopped it and scheduled her mx. My friend feels helpless with the distance between them. She wants to help so bad. Please continue to give updates on your assistant.

Your lbd sounds perfect for the fancy wedding. Don't eat too much dessert tonight!

• ruthbru

Hot, hot, hot here. I watered & did some yard work this morning & will go to Dance2fit & Yoga tonight. The sample dresses arrived & one MIGHT be the one. DS's fiance only worked until 2:00 today so in a few minutes I will bring the dresses over for her input…..stay tuned!

• wonderland

Let us know if you found your dress, Ruth!

Hi Everyone! Hoping more people hop back on. I enjoy reading what all of us are doing. Keeps me grounded.

Walked/ran yesterday. Today I met a friend for a walk. We didn't walk as far as we usually do so I walked again later on. I prefer to walk alone but I like meeting my friend and catching up. We have a Code Orange air quality alert tomorrow so I don't know if I'll walk then.

I'm a reviewer for a Girl Scout Gold Award Scholarship worth $10,000. It's down to 3 applicants and they are all good. 4 of us are reviewing/scoring them and will make a decision. I wanted to be on the review committee but it's making me nervous bc there's so much money involved. I want all 3 to get the money. The scholarship is not need or merit based, it's solely based on essay questions they answered about their Gold Award project.

One last thing. This is a card I made. The process is called Iris Paper Folding. You literally fold strips of paper and follow a pattern. The "iris" is the center.

• ruthbru

Love the card, Wonderland! Yikes, have to pick the recipient of the money would make me nervous too.

I know what color of a dress I want (Cabernet), and a maybe on the dresser. I'd like to order a couple more sample ones but can't now until I get back from the vaccine I'm going on in a week. I will probably customize when I order (which is free) because one size is too snug and the next size up too big!

This morning I met up with some of my walking friends to participate in a 5K charity walk/run. All the money stays local and is used to support a program called Women's Way; which probably free mammograms and pap smears to low income women. The money is also used to pay the difference if a lady comes in for a mammogram and her insurance doesn't pay for a 3D one. Fun morning and a great cause.

• ruthbru

I'm off to yoga in a few minutes. It was supposed to be in a park, but since it's thundering outside, it's been moved in. I WISH we'd get some rain!!!

I second Wonderland in hoping more people will chime in with how/what they are doing. I miss the chatter!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 837

Wow, I have been reading but didn't realized I haven't posted since May 19th!

Okay, since then we have had graduation, my mother's 88th b'day, a week off before starting summer school last Monday…today is the start of week two of summer school. A five week session that ends June 30th. THEN I get summer until Aug 14th!

Tomorrow is my 31st wedding anniversary and this coming weekend is my 40th college reunion! Since I am still carrying around a COVID 19 lbs, I realized I have never been heavier for my college reunion, ugh! My DH said "you play the hand you're dealt. We will be among friends." So true.

I DO need to post more often as that is way to much to share in one email.

I have been going to more exercise classes and it is showing me how much strength I lost when I hurt myself last year and was in PT for 5 months…need to take some of this summer to re-engage with more strength classes.

Ruth, you mention samples for your dresses…are you going to a bridal shop or is this all online with dresses sent to your home?

Wonderland, our local newspaper had a nice article on the woods/forests of the NC Outer Banks and where you can go hiking — Buxton, Kitty Hawk and Corolla. Made me think of you and your recent trip to the not-to-Dismal Swamp~

Hope Karen had a great time visiting her grandbaby.

Off to a yin yoga class in 15 mintues.

Best, TT

• ruthbru

Happy Anniversary, TT! Our 35th is on Sunday….hard to believe!

I'm looking at dresses on a website called Azazie. That's where the bridesmaids are getting their dresses (they will all be the same color but whatever style each girl things looks better on her). I think I will order 3 more to try before I buy. I want something comfortable & not super fancy. Lucky I am starting early!

I went to Dance2fit this morning, watered the pots/flowers/veggies, met a friend at the Dog Park & plan to go back to Pound. It's still so hot here!

• wonderland

TT: Much has happened to you since May 19. Happy Anniversary! Your dh gave you good advice for your reunion. He has your back and that's just one reason I'm sure why you have celebrated 35 years together.

Ruth: The charity run/walk sounds great, especially since all the money stays local. I believe you are having our weather and we are having yours. I even wore long exercise pants for my walk today. The dew points have been pretty good - that makes all the difference.

Ds and his gf came for a short visit on Saturday to pick up a couch to use in their house they are renting. My new couch arrives this week and I offered them the one I'm replacing. I was thrilled they wanted it as it's still in good condition. They are in the middle of moving in together and I'm so happy for both of them. Remember when that was called Living In Sin? LOL Times sure have changed!

Walked/ran today.

• ruthbru

Zumba & Yoga today for me. We actually got a little rain last night so I could skip watering today. Whoo Hoo!

• wonderland

A little smoky here from the Canada wildfires. Luckily nothing like NYC looks like while I was watching the nightly news. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain on and off.

Walked/ran this evening but not as long as I usually do. We have an Air Quality Alert bc of the smoke.

• trmtab

Yoga yesterday with a walk in the evening to the center of town for a lite dinner…we also have the smoke and I feel it in my throat this morning.

Going to upstate NY for my college reunion tomorrow…it is a weekend long affair with us living in dorms…all very Big Chill! The air index for NY is Unhealthy — that is the category on weather.com — due to the fires in Canada….since the dorms don't have AC, it is living with the windows open sucking in all the smoke or sweating with no air circulation, I might wind up spending a lot of time in academic buildings which are air conditioned.

Off to Tai Chi at lunch and then do my pack up as we have to leave the house tomorrow morning at 6:30-6:45.

• trmtab

The smoke is already making me have a sore throat…looking at the map, not sure how those folks up north are handling it, Stay safe everyone. TT

• ruthbru

Hope your reunion is fun, TT!

We had the smoke this morning too, but it was windy enough to blow it out (for now). The Wednesday Women walked at the local reservoir and ate at a restaurant right on the water. We invited some of our teacher friends on summer vacation along. The restaurant opened early for us so we wanted them to have enough business to make it worth their while).