Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    edited July 2023
    Options

It was rainy & the mosquitoes are awful, so the Wednesday Walking Women went inside this morning. The town plans to spray for mosquitoes so we can actually be outside to enjoy our short summer!

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options
  • ruthbru
    Options

Blah, you know they are bad when they chase you through a parking lot! Our town is suppose to spray for them tonight; which would be good because some are carrying West Nile Disease, so they're not just annoying!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Karen- glad you got some time with your sweet grand baby. I hope you are feeling ok.

Ruth-your trip to NC looked really relaxing! Any good book recommendations?

Homemom-10 months of mosquitoes sounds awful to me

Wonderland- those yellow jackets are vicious. Hope you are feeling better.

TT sorry for the loss of your friend; it’s difficult to lose someone at any age.

It’s been a hot, humid, smoke-filled summer in CT so far. We are in a pattern of getting all that as well as lots of clouds and rain. 

I am healing well from my surgery to remove my breast implants and have been able to get back into some regular exercise. At the Y I am back to swimming laps, doing water fitness and Zumba classes. Planning to get some bike riding in on Martha’s Vineyard as we will be there for a week.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

Glad you are healing well & getting back to your regular routine, Ginger. Enjoy Martha's Vineyard!

I always have book recommendations! Two novels I really enjoyed this spring are Demon Cooperhead by Barbara Kingsolver & Lessons In Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus. If you like Jane Austin, I came across a series of books called 'Being A Jane Austin Mystery' by Stephanie Barron. In each book Jane is confronted with a mystery which she solves with many twists and turns. They are like adult, period piece, Nancy Drew books. I enjoy them so much that I can't start one when I have anything else.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

I went to Pound & Dance2fit today

Wonderland how are your bee stings doing?

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,754
    Options

Hi Everyone! Just a quick drop in.

My stings are improving - they now itch-hurt (does that make sense?) Dh foam sprayed the nest and has not seen anymore activity. Hope it stays that way!

My exercise has been getting ready/packing for our annual beach trip with my side of the family. We leave tomorrow and already have most things in the car. Looking forward to a good week. I also have a craft packed and ready to share. If it turns out like I hope it does I'll post pictures.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

Have fun, Wonderland!

A Pound/Barre class this morning & a fun trail walk with DH & Bruno.

• ruthbru
    Options

I spent most of the day cleaning, took a walk & now need to force myself to do some toning….

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    edited July 2023
    Options

HI all…back from DC, long days, happy to be home.

Books: for a series, I LOVE the Donna Leon series set in Venice, I have read 30+ at this point, she writes one a year so it is also fun to watch the years go by…flip phones to iPhones, children growing up, etc.

Our library does an adult summer reading program to coincide with the student summer reading program…I love filling in my sheets and getting my small prizes (jar of honey, tin of tea, etc.) 4 books/sheet, 2 sheets/month for the 3 months of the summer…I love having the goal to fill them all out!

Of course for Martha's Vineyard I would have to go with one of my go-to (sorry) Nantucket authors - Elin HIlderbrand or Nancy Thayer.

A couple of years ago Curtis Sittenfeld did a modern version of Austin's Sense and Sensibility…this summer she has a new novel, Romantic Comedy, I have read it and now is on my audio book collection — love to "revisit" books I have read while driving, I always pick up additional details I missed the first time.

While in DC I walked and walked, off to do the grocery shopping and then will end my day at the gym for a reset for the week ahead.

Great picture of Bruno, Ruth. Good to hear from you Ginger, welcome Homemom, continued healing Wonderland…and hope you are well Karen. Best, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

It was a beautiful, cool day here. I went for a walk & yoga in the park. Ahhhh……

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

I went to Dance2fit & a class called Circuit Mobility yesterday. My Book Club took our annual field trip today, so I got my steps wandering around a big shopping mall & Barnes & Noble.

• ruthbru
    Options

WWW took a nice walk & was invited to have brunch in the beautiful backyard of one of our members (she used to be a Home Economics teacher so is a wonderful cook!

• coffeelatte
    coffeelatte Member Posts: 109
    Options

Thanks for the book recommendations. I have written them down and will look for them to check out or hold at the library.

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hope you are doing well, coffee!

I'm off to Pound in a few minutes & Dance2fit tonight & I will probably stick around for yoga after that. I think we are having the only nice weather in the whole country so I plan to spend most of the day outside!

Since no one has posted since my post yesterday, I will add that today I went to a toning class & took a dog walk. Went to the movie Oppenheimer tonight. Excellent!

• wonderland
    Options

Hi All! Came home from the beach today and ready to go back again! Nice weather - only rained twice late at night. The house we rented was ocean front plus it had a pool. Only went swimming in the ocean on 2 days bc the water was rough and there was a strong undertow the other days. Glad we had the pool for those days.

Collected many shells and will start on my shell inspiration this week.

• ruthbru
    Options

Glad you had a good week, wonderland.

Our town had it's annual 'Buffalo Days' celebration today. I went for a dog walk & spent the rest of the day going to a pancake fed at the Fire Hall, a parade, a classic car show, listening to a band in a park, and wandering around a frontier village (tourist spot) eating ice cream. No wonder I don't get anything done!

• wonderland
    Options

Buffalo Days sounds like so much fun! I wouldn't get anything done, also.

Push mowed today for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Ended up doing the entire yard bc dh had a meeting. It's rewarding but tiring on hot summer days!

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Those mosquitoes sound awful, Ruth. I hope they’re gone soon.

Sounds like you had a good vacation, Wonderland.

TT- I love Elin Hilderbrand’s books. Such a good beach read. I have her new one ready to read next.
    I will have to look into the other book suggestions.

We had a great time on Martha’s Vineyard. We did lots of walking! It was hot and humid. We lucked out that it mostly rained at night.

I hope Karen is doing alright. Anyone heard from her?

• ruthbru
    Options

I was just thinking of Karen too. Please check in if you're reading!

Walked a little & went to Yoga in the park…..which is lovely ( I sprayed myself up with bug spray & took a shower & put all my clothes in the wash immediately upon returning home).

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to Dance2fit & Pound today.

• ruthbru
    Options

Zumba & Yoga tonight. Very hot & humid here, which we are not used to at all. Blah!

• wonderland
    Options

Karen: I also think of you every day. Please check in with us if you are reading. Hope your treatments are going well.

Walked yesterday evening.

Today I ran errands and decided to start working on my shell art. Here's an oyster flower. It's not painted (well, the edges are), I decoupaged the shells.

• ruthbru
    Options

Very clever, wonderland!

Here's the Wednesday Walking Women picture. The baby I'm holding is my friend's granddaughter. She & her mom (who is right above me) are home visiting from Australia! The mom was in DS's class so it is fun catching up with her.

• wonderland
    Options

Such a cute baby, Ruth! Love the rosy cheeks.

It's hot so my exercise today has been having fun with my shells.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wonderland, do you give away all your works? You could sell them at a gift shop & make good money!

A friend & her dog came over this morning for a playdate, then I took another friend out to lunch for her birthday. Dance2fit and Yoga tonight.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    Options

I'm back in DC on business…last trip before school starts back again in 3 weeks. Currently 100+ in DC…miserable.

I have tickets to see Oppenheimer at an IMAX theatre here in DC later today…we wouldn't have the IMAX option in my hometown and with the hot weather I figured movies and bookstores (and restaurants!) are my tourist activities around my work chores!

Here is another shout out to Karen - we are all sending you loving kindness.

Listening to another good book - Meet me at the Lake, Carly Fortune

Stay cool, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Pound this morning. Cooler today so going for a dog walk in awhile.

Let me know what you think of the movie, TT. I found it fascinating & very historically accurate. A complicated person living in complicated times.

• wonderland
    Options

TT: Sounds like you have a good plan for staying cool while in DC.

Ruth: Dh and I plan to see Oppenheimer.

Met a friend this morning to walk before it became too hot. Later I met another friend for lunch.

I finished my shell art. Here are two more items. Earlier this summer my dd gave me the 11 inch wooden sun cutout. Wasn't sure what to do with it so I put it aside and I'm glad I did bc I decoupaged it and glued a shell flower on it. It's now on my front door.

• wonderland
    Options

I also toned down this turtle. It was too much for me and I like it much better now.

Previous turtle:

Improved: