Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Got home this morning from my DD and DSIL. The baby is so yummy!! She changed so much in the 10 days we were there. It's nice to be home but it was hard leaving the munchkin. Still sinking in that we have a grand daughter/that we are grandparents. She is 3 weeks.

We are not sports people but DH is watching the Nuggets vs Heats game.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,944
    Options

I am sure it was very hard to leave the baby, Karen! I hope you already know the date of the next visit!

We dark skies, rumbles of thunder, the power even went out for awhile; but, alas, no rain. Once it became clear the storm had missed us, I potted some plants and have been watering ever since. I'm finally done, which is good since it's getting dark out!

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 845
    Options

Well I didn't go to my reunion…ugh!

When I woke up this morning at 5am, the weather forecast for NY was unhealthy to hazardous for the next 36 hrs…and I thought, would I leave my house to go somewhere unhealthy/hazardous…NO

So, despite the disappointment of missing my reunion, the simple decision perspective, stripping away the plans and expectations…it was a NO.

So I have been working and will go to the gym at lunch.

So glad you are safely back Karen, but so glad you got to spend some time with the new baby. Like Ruth, hope you have another trip planned for later in the summer.

Take care everyone, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Well, darn TT, who could have predicted that fires in Canada would affect one's plans?!

Last night we had a bunch of thunder (but no rain) and the power was down for 45 minutes all over town. So, my evening class was canceled, as was my 8 am class (they needed time to reboot everything). I plan to go to Dance2fit and yoga tonight

• trmtab
    Options

Well, the reunion is going on…just not with me…proceed at your own risk!

We are much more used to hurricanes in VA/NC than fires, but at the gym at lunchtime, when my friends were all — why are you here — we all agreed that if we had planned a beach trip we wouldn't go with a hurricane in progress…and I see flying up into the hazards of the fires in the same way.

Gym class was a substitute teacher who taught a very strenuous class…I'll be sore tomorrow! TT

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

TT: Yikes about staying in a dorm without air conditioning. Maybe other accommodations have been made for all of you??? Reunions are fun and I hope you have a fabulous time.

Ruth: That was nice that the restaurant opened early for your huge group.

Today is mow day. I mowed for 1 hour this morning and dh will be finishing the rest. While mowing earlier today he was stung twice by some type of bee that lives in the ground. Not a yellowjacket and not sure what kind of bee.

I also walked/ran late this afternoon. The wildfire smoke visually isn't too bad but we are still on Code Orange Air Alert.

We have a huge beautiful chestnut tree in the backyard. They are messy trees and some people decide to get rid of them bc of the mess. In 2000 we had a terrible storm that almost ruined it and we had to have it cut down to barely anything left. 23 years later it's back to full capacity. See all those catkins on the tree? They have a distinct odor and in the next few weeks they will all dry up and fall to the ground. Dh likes to rake them. I prefer to simply mow them up (that's the easy way lol). We are always picking up limbs as there is a lot of little dead branches in it. The chestnuts fall off the tree in September and October. Lots of work picking those up. And November keeps me busy raking the leaves!

• ruthbru
    Options

Wow, that is a big, beautiful tree!

• trmtab
    Options

That is a beautiful tree. We have a large magnolia in our front yard…magnolia's are called "dirty trees" by arborists as they keep on giving — falling pods and leaves and whatnot over the course of the year...I guess similar to your Chestnut. That said, it provide a lot of shade and for the magnolia a period of beautiful flowers and nice odor…so I give thanks for the shade and the blossoms!

• wonderland
    Options

Somehow I missed a few posts when I wrote late last night.

Karen: I know that was hard leaving your granddaughter. Yesterday I got to hold, feed, and walk a 3 month old. It was wonderful and the baby isn't even related to me.

TT: Glad you didn't go to your reunion. The pictures look so bad and so unhealthy. I love magnolias. The neighbors across the street just cut theirs down last weekend. I couldn't believe it! It made me sick that they did it.

Plan to walk later on.

• wonderland
    Options

I didn't walk as planned. Instead, our new couch arrived. I had ordered it off the internet and didn't look at the delivery options close enough. Tried to correct it but it didn't happen. So I knew the couch was going to come in 2 boxes and we would be getting the couch out of the boxes and a small amount of assembly would be needed. My mistake saved us money and we even got along during the process. 😃 The only problem with the couch is that it looks too formal in our very NOT formal den. 😂 It's a couch for company and it makes the couch we sit on look old, worn, and dirty (which it is!) I may have to go shopping again soon. 🤗

I was given a coupon for a free 8.5"x8.5" book from Mixbook (it's like Sutterfly). As a Christmas present I told dd to make a wedding book but she hasn't had a chance to do it yet. I wanted her to pick out the pictures she wanted. When I got the coupon I decided to make my own book to keep. Here's the front cover, back cover, and a couple of pages.

• ruthbru
    Options

Love, love, love the pictures!! DS orders furniture online all the time but I am too afraid that it won't look right, feel comfortable etc. etc. so I pay more and buy local for things like that.

I did a 45 minutes toning DVD & put on songs from The Blues Brothers and danced around to them until I got 10,000 steps. Tomorrow we drive 3 1/2 hours to go to a wedding at a winery in the Lakes Country of Central Minnesota. The son of a good friend, whom we've known before he was even born, is getting married. I am sure it will be a beautiful ceremony. We will stay overnight & maybe do a little hiking before we head home Sunday (at which point I will HAVE to pack because I am leaving for a vacation on Monday!).

• ruthbru
    Options

I danced last night away at a wedding dance….very fun! DH & I took a nice walk by a lake before coming home. Now I am trying to get reorganized because tomorrow I fly out to NC for a beach vacation with my sister, sister-in-law & a good family friend. We did this every year before Covid but this will be the first time since then. I will try to post some pictures!

• karen1956
    Options

Ruth - enjoy your trip

Spent the afternoon working in the crawl space - throwing out things from the kids that I saved but never looked at - birthday cards, school work, consolidating and giving away and old changing table and port-a-crib. Threw the crib away a couple weeks ago. Found two boxes under other boxes that had tax stuff, duplicate checks etc from 1995! Talk about out of sight, out of mind. My goal this summer is to purge "stuff" from the crawl space. Keeping kid toys and books. I'm sure this will keep me busy all summer when we are not traveling!!! Need to stay busy.

We've had a rainy 4 weeks - that's okay as I'm not ready for the heat. And we've managed to get 2 walks in most days.

• wonderland
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ruth: Safe travels!

Karen: Hope you are feeling good. I think about you everyday. Getting rid of stuff always makes me happy. Mainly bc it creates a nice clean space.

Walked/ran earlier today.

• yesiamadragon
    yesiamadragon Member Posts: 343
    Options

No posts for a week? I guess I am not the only one MIA…

I hope everyone is well, sounds like a lot of celebrating has been going on!

Karen: Best wishes that you can start feeling like your old self again soon!

Smoke: Ugh. Despite our proximity to Quebec, it is a huge province, and we only had a few days of terrible smoke, and nothing like NYC's. But my red eyes and cough are taking a while to improve. I sure wish we could send some of all the rain we have been getting to northern and central Quebec! I did row outside once with an N95 due to the smoke.

Rain: I think we have had about 14 days straight of rain, some of it torrential! Hasn't rained yet today — YAY! So I have gotten some weeding done and am sore! Plus "we" (mostly my husband) are replacing the floors in our old schoolhouse, which means getting a lot of floor jacks into the crawl space and sistering a lot of "joists" (hardly deserve the term when they are 160 year old 3x5"s spaced at least 24 inches apart, and spanning 25 feet! No wonder our floors are topographical! So while today is a strength day, I think helping move the wood stove and move lumber, and move the soapstone hearth, will be sufficient.

Opportunity: I may have a chance to row in the Head of the Charles in October in a mixed group of cancer survivors from around the country! So I only have 4 months to significantly increase my power and stamina AND rowing skills! Tomorrow I have Juneteenth off work, so am going to try to get out of bed to get on the water by 7 or 7:30 and row at least 90 minutes. No one else is around to join me (or willing to get up early! others from our cancer recovery group are rowing at 9) so will head off on my own and need to motivate myself. But it should be no rain and no wind, and most of the official crews will be headed in pretty early in my row, so should not be wakes either. I am scheduled to give blood at 10 am and have a port flush after that, so have to go early because I am not supposed to work out after giving blood. But my strength training session Tuesday morning at 5:30 I figure is getting close to 24 hours out :D.

Did I tell you all that my balance was SO screwed up from chemo that I decided the best way to improve it (beyond PT) was to buy a 29 foot long 11 INCH wide boat? LOL. It certainly is balance training! And my beam is significantly wider than 11" . But tomorrow I really don't want to take an unintentional swim, and I am having some challenges with my wrists, so I will row with pontoons and stay dry.

I am really hoping the floor project is completed before the summer is over because I want to get some good hiking and camping in with DH as well!

I hope everyone is staying well and getting better every day!

• trmtab
    Options

Thanks for those updates Dragon! The Head of the Charles is a great event, hope it works out for you to participate.

Last week was a blur. I gave a midterm in my summer school class, which then meant a full day of grading to turn it around to the students the next day.

In addition to my usual gym classes, they tested a new class — called yoga sculpt, read warm vinyasa fast flow with hand weights! I think there are a few kinks to be worked out, but like the idea of the class and love adding 2-3 lb weights.

My home town has a music festival each summer (3 days of headliners vs the weekly summer music on the green with local acts — also very fun) At any rate, went to see Kenny Loggins on Saturday night, a lot of fun. Always fun when you know the words to all the songs…and we can walk from our home, so no drama in the coming and going (I hate going to big concert venues with all the drunks in the parking lot post-concert). What was totally amazing was how fantastic a vocalist he still is at 75! He has quite a vocal range and he still has full use of it. In a previous part of my life I fancied myself a singer, so I really appreciate what he can do.

Happy Juneteenth…very big celebrations here in Virginia. My church participates in our downtown celebration and it is a good time.

Have a good start to the week, TT

• wonderland
    Options

Just a quick Hello.

Dragon: Hope you get to row in the Head of the Charles! How cool would that be!

TT: Love Kenny Loggins. Sounds like a wonderful festival.

This past Saturday I got to visit with Ruth! She has been visiting her sister who lives an hour from me. It was a FABULOUS day!

Last week I walked/ran and of course mowed. It's going to rain for the next 7 days and I'm already not looking forward to the next time we mow.

• ruthbru
    Options

Just checking in to say I'm still alive. I will come back once I get organized around here and tell about my vacation, & post some pictures. (I had bad internet connections the whole time, I really did try to send pictures a couple times). The whole trip was fabulous, except the return home. After many travel delays & airports swarming with people, I walked in my front door at 3 am….. WITHOUT my luggage, which is who knows where!!

• ruthbru
    Options

Here's what I spent a lot of time doing.

• ruthbru
    Options

And this…..

• ruthbru
    Options

and this…..

• ruthbru
    Options

and this…

• ruthbru
    edited June 2023
    Options

Here's Alice & me on my sister's dock. We had a wonderful, fun, relaxing day on the lake.

• ruthbru
    Options

Along with all the relaxing, I did yoga on the beach, walking on the beach, and swimming in the ocean/pool/lake….so it actually was a pretty active vacation.

Your rowing adventures sound wonderful, Dragon.

I really like yoga scuplt, TT. Our town will start their Outdoor Summer Concert Series Thursday nights after the 4th of July. Every week is a different type of music so it's fun.

• ruthbru
    Options

Back walking with the Wednesday Women.

• trmtab
    Options

Had a great gym class at lunchtime today…with the holidays all the instructors are covering for others on vacay and it is nice to see how they would teach a class.

Talking about holiday…between Juneteenth this past Monday and next weekend (June 30 —>) leading into a long July 4th weekend, I feel like I am in a twilight zone episode. Everyone is cancelling meetings, going on spur of the moment vacations…it just occurred to me that this two week period is bookended by two federal holiday and at least here in Virginia, people are taking advantage of it.

With some special programming, I have been to the gym everyday for 8 days, woohoo. I usually don't take class on Thursday or Saturday, so this is nice to have something for everyday.

Love the WWW ladies, best, TT

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,945
    Options

Love seeing this, Ruth!

• ruthbru
    Options

I have developed a rotten cold AND am sitting in the car on the way to South Dakota for a family funeral.....so not much exercise for me for the next couple days. I will get back into my regularly routine by next week for sure

• wonderland
    edited June 2023
    Options

TT: Enjoy your time in the Twilight Zone! Congrates on going to the gym 8 days straight.

Ruth: I can't believe you have a cold after such a nice vacation! Glad you didn't visit this week. It's been rain, rain, clouds, and rain. And sorry about the funeral for a family member.

Karen: Hope you are feeling okay. Please let us hear from you soon.

On Wednesday we went to the American Dance Festival at Duke to watch ds's gf dance. Description: "The hour-long dance performance responds to collective and personal loss and isolation and draws attention to the human body’s potential for persistence, resistance, and power. It uses the connection between music and movement to push physical and sonic limits, both as a collective and as individuals." In other words, it was amazing to watch these dancers be tested to their limits in so many ways!

Today I met a friend for a walk. Then we sat and I listened to her talk for 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm her outlet but it can also be a bit draining.

• karen1956
    edited June 2023
    Options

Wonder, I'm okay, thanks for asking