Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets Post our Daily Exercise

Options

Comments

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,761
    Options

Love the picture, Ruth!

Our library started the True Crime Club last summer. It's a monthly meeting where we discuss an unsolved murder. Needless to say we don't solve it in one hour (not that we would ever solve it lol). I have never heard of most of the cases we cover. My friend asked me to go with her last summer and we go just about every month.

Yesterday I purposely wrote that I want to walk between my 2 zoom meetings today. By writing it I felt obligated to do it. It worked! Walked today between the meeting and I was a sweaty mess for the 2nd one but I didn't care.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,003
    Options

I would love your Crime Club, wonderland!

I have started the dreaded cleaning out of all the cupboards/drawers/closets etc. I am starting in the kitchen & already have a box of glassware that I don't use (2 left in a set, gift mugs I've never used etc.) ready to go to Goodwill. This is going to take me forever (which is why I put it off for so long). I am going to Dance2fit & Yoga tonight.

• wonderland
    Options

Must be that time of the year, Ruth. Last night I told myself I needed to go through the kitchen cabinets, drawers. It's definitely time.

Dh and I went to see Oppenheimer. It was really good! The music was so intense. Our experience was very different from yours, trmtab. We went to the 7:00 show (not IMAX) and were the only people there! The movie theater is 40 years old and very much run down. We could talk out loud and not disturb anyone lol.

• ruthbru
    Options

Wonderland, I googled Las Alamos & it's about 11 miles away from Bandelier National Monument. That would have been an interesting place to see. Both in April & October they offer 2 days of 'Behind the Fence' tours. They only take 50 people a day, so you have to get on a list ahead of time & pass a background check even today.

I went to the Barbie movie yesterday (which some girlfriends). Funny, goofy, had a message, and they occasionally broke into song & dance…..something for everyone, I guess. It was very different, but also engaging. (I had Barbie, Ken, Alan, Midge, Skipper, the house, the convertible etc. etc. when I was a girl, so would have enjoyed it for that part alone.)

• homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

I never tested positive, and I tested myself twice. I feel like I have a head cold right now with stuffy head and cough. I went to my doctor yesterday ( it was actually a six month check up appointment to go over blood work), and he gave me Benzonate (sp) to help break up my cough. I tend to hang on to a cough for up to a month so fingers crossed this works.

My son who lives with us tested positive yesterday morning, but he's already feeling better. The first and third Saturday of each month my neighborhood has a free yoga class down by the community garden. I missed the first one, the second one is a week from tomorrow, I hope I can go!

PS My blood work was stable so we aren't seeing each other again for 1 year.

• ruthbru
    Options

Stable is always good! I had a cold that lasted for 3 weeks. Yucky stuff is going around this year.

I went to 'Pound the Barre' this morning. A very good class that combines Pound, core work, a little weight work & Barre exercise. It won't be offered again until next summer as the instructor is a school teacher & about to go back to work.

• wonderland
    Options

homemom: my sisters have been sick for 3 weeks with symptoms like yours. Both tested covid negative. Their cough is bad! One sister occasionally has a temperature. Hope you start feeling better. Sorry about your son also testing positive for covid. Really hope it stays away from you!

Ruth: Too bad the Pound the Barre teacher has to go back to school. Sounds like a great class.

Push mowed for 1 hour this morning - dh finished the rest of the yard. I keep records of how many times we mow. We have already mowed 5 more times this year by this date compared to last year. Must be the rain. Also met a friend for short walk.

• ruthbru
    Options

Another nice day. We took a dog walk out on the course where the cross-country kids will be running this fall. It hasn't been groomed yet & there was no one else around so Bruno could explore all he wanted. (I thought the sky was so pretty in this picture.)

• ruthbru
    Options

It rained here yesterday. I did a dance workout at home & went to yoga. This morning I went to Dance2fit & will do Pound tonight.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to Zumba & Yoga tonight.

• ruthbru
    edited August 2023
    Options

A fun picture if some of the Wednesday Walking Women.

• wonderland
    Options

Another great WWW picture, Ruth!

It's been so hot, humid, stormy, etc. that I decided to just lay low and not walk outside. The thunderstorms go from 0 to 10 in a blink of an eye. Today the humidity and dew point are much better so I walked! Need to mow again in the next couple of days.

• ruthbru
    Options

I went to a Yoga/Pilates Fusion class this morning…..which I needed because as I was backing out of the garage to get there (running late), I knocked the side mirror off our brand new car. Yikes! I went down to the dealership & ordered a new one before going home and telling DH about it. (The mirror is actually still on the car, but in rather a mangled state. yikes!!). I am watering right now as the weekend is supposed to be hot. I may go on a dog walk this afternoon.

• wonderland
    Options

Oh no, Ruth! That's great that you jumped right on it and had a new one ordered.

Walked early this afternoon.

A Texas business I follow on FB posted this today: "I'm really looking forward to those crisp 90 degree Fall days in Texas."

• homemom
    Options

We just finished our daily walk. We belong to the gym too, so when hubby's Pt for his back surgery ends next week, we plan to walk in the morning and go to the gym late afternoon.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 852
    edited August 2023
    Options

Nice picture of the WWW…but small numbers, must be the August vacations!

Summer if OVER for me, school starts on Monday! My 36th year…will it be the last???

Here are some pics of my birthday with Mom and sister (I'm horrible at selfie positions - 62, 64, 88) and Creme Brulee Cheesecake for my b'day cake!

• trmtab
    Options

The cake is 62 and one to grow on…I don't need to grow!

Have been making it to the gym 4-6 days a week, happy about that. Next week will be a challenge as the start of school also entails so many "special meetings" and appointment.

So sad about Maui, in the weird coincident department, I have Hawaiian heritage and go "frequently" — at least once every 4 years if not sooner…the 4 years is our "backstop". At any rate, on the Monday before the fire I started planning a trip to Hawaii with some days in Maui specifically staying in Lahaina at the Banyon Tree 30 room hotel from the late 1800's that we have been at before. The next morning…gone. Hawaii is so remote, really hit hard with COVID, now this, ugh.

Sending love to all, and especially Karen. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

TT, there were actually more walkers but I thought this might be interesting break from the usual mob of women.

Happy, Happy Birthday! You can't go wrong with Creme Brulee! All my 'active' teacher friends are taking a deep breath before jumping in for another. They haven't been able to fill all the positions so people are taking on extra duties, classes etc. not good, and something needs to be done on a national level.....but that's a whole other discussion.

DH's birthday is tomorrow so we are off for a weekend road trip. I HOPE to get some walking in@

• ruthbru
    Options

Here is a fun tidbit:

• trmtab
    Options

Cool, hadn't seen that yet 12, 31, 23…123123!

• ruthbru
    Options

Good Monday Morning! We spent the weekend by a lake in Minnesota to celebrate DH's birthday. I did quite a but of walking but even more eating…..so back to real life today. I am off to Zumba in a few minutes & maybe Pound tonight.

• homemom
    Options

I've gotta get back on the exercise routine pre COVID last week. Still feel a little fatigue.

• trmtab
    Options

Yesterday was the first day of school, I was exhausted! On top of first day rush, DH left for airport at 6am on a business trip, so I met the first day with only 5.5 hrs of sleep — not good! …but did still get to the gym so that was good.

Off to lunchtime yoga soon…happy Tuesday - Tuesday Treat Day!

TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Hope you give yourself soon treats today, TT!

I have just emerged from cleaning a walk-in closet. I have tons of things to throw, recycle or give to charity. I found a big box full of markers so have spent quite a bit of time trying them out to see which ones aren't dried out yet as I have teacher friends who could use the good ones. I have lots & lots more sorting to do, so back to the salt mine! (I will go to Dance2fit & Yoga tonight.)

• homemom
    Options

Our community garden has a large grassy area and we have free yoga twice a month on Saturday mornings. I'll finally be able to start participating this Saturday.

• ruthbru
    Options

I love yoga outside

• ruthbru
    edited August 2023
    Options

Here are the Wednesday Walking Women. It's our 11th Anniversary!!

• wonderland
    Options

TT: Happy Belated Birthday! Great picture of the strong women in your family. Hope you have a fantastic semester!

Ruth: WWW is 11 years old! I remember when you started the group.

homemom: Have fun at your outside yoga class.

Went to visit ds on Sunday. I started to organize/go through boxes of workshop items I boxed up when we had work done in the basement. It's been on my do to list. Had another free yard sale by the road - dd added some things also. All but a few items were gone by the next day. My favorite kind of yard sale.

Pushed mowed for 1 hour today. Dh finished the rest of the yard.

• wonderland
    Options

Walked (and kinda jogged some) this morning. This evening I was able to get in one hour of pruning a bush before a huge thunderstorm made me stop. Plan to finish it tomorrow early before the Big Heat (like it's not hot enough) arrives in the afternoon. Have another bush that desperately needs pruning but I'll wait until next week when it's a little cooler.

• ruthbru
    Options

I worked cleaning out two large closets in the basement. During all the cleaning out, I off a chair and right on to something sharp on the floor…Ouch, my bottom of my foot hurts!) I went to Zumba & Yoga tonight.